What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goslings hatch in the spring. There were probably teenagers, though.

You might be right. They DID look pretty young. I don't see that many that often, so I was surprised to see quite a few.

Hi guys, long time see :) I popped in to share my exciting news. I made an appointment today for a cochlear implant evaluation. Something I've been trying to do for almost a year. That is a long long story and has been very frustrating, but I'm finally making progress.

It isn't until March 16th. I may or may not make a thread about it once it starts getting closer. Very excited!!!

Are you saying I was wrong for being concerned about a person safety ???
No I was not.

What I was saying was correcting the assumption that you made that Frisky Feline was going to run out and get an all white outfit when she clearly said she was going for one that has color/color highlights on it.

The pic you posted looks more like a lounging type outfit some would wear to hang around in the lodge or around town... Doesn't look too comfy for actual skiing or other activities like that.

^^ above is only my opinion- what I interpret it as will be different than what (g)you would interpret the picture as.

How I hit like (thank) on the app for a post I wanted to quote. Don't see a way to remove the like (on the app).

Thinking how dangerous certain Red Line CTA platforms are.... a board is sticking up at the Bryn Mawr stop, and nearly sent me onto the rails. Reported it, and the CPD checked it out, so looks like something's gonna get done.

Thinking how dangerous certain Red Line CTA platforms are.... a board is sticking up at the Bryn Mawr stop, and nearly sent me onto the rails. Reported it, and the CPD checked it out, so looks like something's gonna get done.

did you trip over it or something?

did you trip over it or something?

Yes, I did. Right in front of a security camera, too, and the Police Department didn't waste any time showing up there, either. That board nearly got me, and they saw how dangerous it is. I'm hoping they will at least close that side so it can get fixed. It's snowing out there, which is why I didn't see it. That can't be happening to others who use that station.

Yes, I did. Right in front of a security camera, too, and the Police Department didn't waste any time showing up there, either. That board nearly got me, and they saw how dangerous it is. I'm hoping they will at least close that side so it can get fixed. It's snowing out there, which is why I didn't see it. That can't be happening to others who use that station.

you tripped over it... called 911... and the whole ruckus?

Hi guys, long time see :) I popped in to share my exciting news. I made an appointment today for a cochlear implant evaluation. Something I've been trying to do for almost a year. That is a long long story and has been very frustrating, but I'm finally making progress.

It isn't until March 16th. I may or may not make a thread about it once it starts getting closer. Very excited!!!

Hey Ambrosia, welcome back......we miss you around here!! That is so exciting about you getting a CI. Hopefully the process will go smoothly for you. Have you decided which brand you might want to get? Good Luck!!

p.s. I've been considering getting my other ear implanted some time this year. If I do, I will be getting the N6.

you tripped over it... called 911... and the whole ruckus?

OH PLEASE. All CTA stations are watched 24 hours a day, especially the Red Line, with the high crime rate there. How do you think the CPD showed up there so quickly? More than likely someone saw it happen, and told them before I even reported it to the CTA employee there. They were there under an hour, and given the danger, I'm not surprised.

OH PLEASE. All CTA stations are watched 24 hours a day, especially the Red Line, with the high crime rate there. How do you think the CPD showed up there so quickly? More than likely someone saw it happen, and told them before I even reported it to the CTA employee there. They were there under an hour, and given the danger, I'm not surprised.

it took them less than an hour to come? that doesn't sound so quickly. and you waited there for about an hour?

you waited there for about an hour?

Nope. Had shopping to do, due to the snowstorm. They showed up there just as I was heading back home. I talked to them, and told them what happened, and turns out that's why they were there for. Someone reported it fairly quickly, and I'm pretty sure those security cameras had something to do with that. And the hour is just an estimate; I have no idea how long actually. I was rattled, and with good reason.

Nope. Had shopping to do, due to the snowstorm. They showed up there just as I was heading back home. I talked to them, and told them what happened, and turns out that's why they were there for. Someone reported it fairly quickly, and I'm pretty sure those security cameras had something to do with that.

ah ok. well good that you're unharmed.

ah ok. well good that you're unharmed.

Or worse. Those 3rd rails are 600 volts, and had I made contact with it, I wouldn't be here. That's why they were there. They needed to determine the danger of that board, and when I saw them, they were serious, meaning that is a danger.

Or worse. Those 3rd rails are 600 volts, and had I made contact with it, I wouldn't be here. That's why they were there. They needed to determine the danger of that board, and when I saw them, they were serious, meaning that is a danger.

but you didn't harmed. just move on and forget about it. there are plenty of stupid things you could get killed from. don't fret over it.

but you didn't harmed. just move on and forget about it. there are plenty of stupid things you could get killed from. don't fret over it.

No need to fret over it. It will be taken care of, so I'm good. And true on other stuff I could die from, but let's not go there. I don't need that, thank you. I'd like to keep my happy positive mood right where it's at, thanks.

Here in the Southwest, there were lots of birds including the Robins. That is unusual because I spend 18 years in Canada. I am used to Winter where there were no birds up North but down here South, wow, there were lots of birds. Just early this morning there was snow coming in and there were no birds in sight so they are hiding somewhere in the trees or places. The snow plus the rain had stopped late this afternoon. My satellite dish is not responding to my T.V. Oh, well. **sigh**

EDIT: Oops, I meant that there were no Robins, Blackbirds and some other birds that are migrating going south like Canada Geese. I did see other birds still in the Winter like Chickadee, woodpeckers and other small birds. Sorry. Not all birds. :)

do you mean American blue robin or red robin....
I go bird watching and one way of getting people out of birds hide is our teacher yells american blue been seen and everyone rush out leaving hide to us...it very rare would love see one...poor little things if ends up here then bad winds brought it over and its life is not long

Hey Ambrosia, welcome back......we miss you around here!! That is so exciting about you getting a CI. Hopefully the process will go smoothly for you. Have you decided which brand you might want to get? Good Luck!!

p.s. I've been considering getting my other ear implanted some time this year. If I do, I will be getting the N6.

Thanks!! I'd like to get an AB. I read something somewhere a while ago that people with otosclerosis have to be implanted with Cochlear, something about it being harder to get through the cochlea with the hardening from the disease. But that information was pretty old. I'm hoping with ABs new electrodes they can work for me. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back