What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought when you rode a bike you had to follow the same traffic rules as a person in a car. I was out today and 3 guys on bikes where trying to made left turn and got right in front of my moving car and the guys gave no hand signals . They where lucky that I realize they where about to made a turn by cutting in front of my car. I have seen people give a hand signal while riding their bike and this helps a lot .

That's illegal. They are required to give hand signals when turning left, for safety reasons. I do it, and it helps a lot, like you said.

That's illegal. They are required to give hand signals when turning left, for safety reasons. I do it, and it helps a lot, like you said.

I thought so , I am a very observing person and the 3 guys where lucky I do not speed and was able slow down for them . I agree it does help a lot to know when a cyclist is going to made a left turn. Maybe the guys did not know how to made the hand signal ,I bet a lot people do not how to them . Do you still have to know hand signals when going out a driving test ? It been soooo long ago since I had my driving test .

I thought so , I am a very observing person and the 3 guys where lucky I do not speed and was able slow down for them . I agree it does help a lot to know when a cyclist is going to made a left turn. Maybe the guys did not know how to made the hand signal ,I bet a lot people do not how to them .

That's something they should already know. Veteran cyclists know to do it (at least the ones who observe the rules, anyways), and we also know when it's a good/bad time to do so, because making a left turn is no easy task, and it has to be done carefully, and well clear of cars. Like going into a left turn lane, for example. Getting into one takes precise timing.

That's something they should already know. Veteran cyclists know to do it (at least the ones who observe the rules, anyways), and we also know when it's a good/bad time to do so, because making a left turn is no easy task, and it has to be done carefully, and well clear of cars. Like going into a left turn lane, for example. Getting into one takes precise timing.

I really don't think these guys where veteran cyclists and I would had felt horrible if I had hit a guy , I don't think it should had been my fault if that did happen . I got no warning from the 3 guys .

I really don't think these guys where veteran cyclists and I would had felt horrible if I had hit a guy , I don't think it should had been my fault if that did happen . I got no warning from the 3 guys .

More likely it would have been theirs, because they didn't give a warning they were turning left. If there had been a larger vehicle in that area, well, you get the idea. That is why it's required, because school buses go through here quite often, and if I see one, I must let them know I am about to turn left. School buses and their drivers must be alert of cyclists at all times. Same goes for the CTA drivers.

And generally motorists appreciate it when they have a heads up that a cyclist is about to make a left turn-- it allows them to adjust, and gives us just enough time to make that turn. And truthfully, making that turn is far easier on a side street than it is on a major street like Clark. It takes one to know the best spots to do that at.

Thinking how great my birthday party went. Got a great gift from my son and his girlfriend. It's called Chromecast. I had no clue what it was. Daughter set it up for me and it is super cool. I can watch any nextflix movie on my tv and it has amazing captions.

Got tons of gift cards which will be fun to just go buy what I want. My daugher from Ireland sent me a crystal picture frame with our pcitures lazered into it. Means a lot to me.
Had a nice visit with my mom and an amazing time with my goddaughter. I love her so very much.

I thought when you rode a bike you had to follow the same traffic rules as a person in a car. I was out today and 3 guys on bikes where trying to made left turn and got right in front of my moving car and the guys gave no hand signals . They where lucky that I realize they where about to made a turn by cutting in front of my car. I have seen people give a hand signal while riding their bike and this helps a lot .

Where I live there is an intermittent problem with bike riders going against traffic while they are supposed to ride the same direction as the cars are driving on that side of the road.

Where I live there is an intermittent problem with bike riders going against traffic while they are supposed to ride the same direction as the cars are driving on that side of the road.

It's a problem here, too, and one just went right by me 5 seconds ago just like this.

Yeah people do that here too drive against the traffic and the streets are not very wide in my city so his can a danger to drivers too b/c they have get into the wrong lane to avoid hitting the idiot on the bike. There is only one street wide enough to have a bike lane and people park their cars in this lane . :roll:

Thinking about lunch..... getting hungry, and I'm not even at the Gate yet. :(

And thinking about stopping by the Lincoln Park Zoo, too. :)

Thinking about lunch..... getting hungry, and I'm not even at the Gate yet. :(

And thinking about stopping by the Lincoln Park Zoo, too. :)

I hope you're not thinking of stealing the animals lunches . :giggle:

I am thinking about the primary election on Sept 9 and that I really feel like writing down ' Done of the about" for the candidates running for governor . We must had hit the bottom of the barrel of candidates . My dog is looking like the best bet so far.

Wow, just wow. One night I go to sleep I had 15,250 views on my G+ page, and when I went in to upload today's pictures, the numbers had jumped to 19,200+, and I just about fainted. No frigging way it jumped 4,000 views in less than a week. YIKES!!

could very well be google indexing or search engine spiders/bots crawling the world wide web, or repeat visitors (people clicking the back button to get back to the home page or something) :)

I never trust those numbers regarding views/'visits' to a page or website. It isn't always very accurate.

could very well be google indexing or search engine spiders/bots crawling the world wide web, or repeat visitors (people clicking the back button to get back to the home page or something) :)

I never trust those numbers regarding views/'visits' to a page or website. It isn't always very accurate.

Yup, and I just tested to see if my pictures were viewable, and they're not. I had to sign out to find that out, but there's no way it should be anywhere near that high, anyways. Funny thing is, my profile has a picture I posted on here a while back, so that's probably why, maybe? :dunno: It is quite a nice picture, so it's possible, I suppose?

sore mouth ,I debating with myself go chemist get bonjella

Am frustrated with the way paper work seems to get messed up too often in spite of my best efforts and money.
Frustrated with a medical profession that treats symptoms without taking samples to find out what the bug really is.
Frustrated with dental care that does not include looking at the whole body. Frustrated with medical that does not include looking at the patients dental situation.
Frustrated with having an itchy spot on my back where I can't see it or reach it.

Yup, and I just tested to see if my pictures were viewable, and they're not. I had to sign out to find that out, but there's no way it should be anywhere near that high, anyways. Funny thing is, my profile has a picture I posted on here a while back, so that's probably why, maybe? :dunno: It is quite a nice picture, so it's possible, I suppose?
yes if you linked your photo in a public forum like here then google and other search engines will pick up on that as well as any other bots that like to trawl forums (spambots mostly) including guests that may pass through AD.

yes if you linked your photo in a public forum like here then google and other search engines will pick up on that as well as any other bots that like to trawl forums (spambots mostly) including guests that may pass through AD.

Yeah, but that's the thing-- they're not linked whatsoever, although I have to admit that AllDeaf is linked to my G+ account, so there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back