What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting thought popped up this morning before I headed to Evanston. I wonder how many of you have seen pop machines that accept credit/debit cards? There is one at Howard, and the only one I know of.

Have them here... Some will charge fees to use the card on the vending machine.

An interesting thought popped up this morning before I headed to Evanston. I wonder how many of you have seen pop machines that accept credit/debit cards? There is one at Howard, and the only one I know of.

Have them here... Some will charge fees to use the card on the vending machine.

Yeah, I heard about that. I don't see too many of these around here. Quite unusual to see them.

I've seen those machines at our local mall. I'll stick with cash for those type of machines, thanks. :)

I've seen those machines at our local mall. I'll stick with cash for those type of machines, thanks. :)

I would have, except the problem was that I had $40, and no small bills. Using the debit card on the machine was my only option, because one of those $20 bills was supposed to be used to get a new bicycle tool, which I did get.

Thinking that I hope the weekend goes slow. My new job is going well but again like my old job, there is tooooooo much to do and tooo little time. I really really really am fed up with how teachers are required to go to all these meetings but yet have everything done in time for the students. Doesn't make sense. My co teacher and I were talking about that yesterday. We have all these meetings and little planning time. We both refuse to bring home work because we both already show up an hour and half early for work each day. How much more can we do. Why cant we just enjoy teaching the kids? The teaching field isn't what it used to be.

Mark they have those all over the place. They're nice when all you have is big bills and don't want to get a ton of ones back.......or worse change.

Mark they have those all over the place. They're nice when all you have is big bills and don't want to get a ton of ones back.......or worse change.

They may be all over, but I don't see too many of them in the city.

They may be all over, but I don't see too many of them in the city.
Most are probably in malls or places where there is a higher concentration of people. I've seen them in a few malls here(NC/SC)- can't remember if I saw them in GA or AZ. Chicago is a big enough city that likely the area you cover is small enough to not see many machines like this.

Most are probably in malls or places where there is a higher concentration of people. I've seen them in a few malls here(NC/SC)- can't remember if I saw them in GA or AZ. Chicago is a big enough city that likely the area you cover is small enough to not see many machines like this.

That's probably true. Chicago does not have any huge malls within city limits (The two largest are in Woodfield and Gurnee), and they are probably there, although come to think of it, I believe I did see one at Lincolnwood Mall.

I can't believe what I just read in my local newspaper on line. Some ass**** is leaving " Food with nails, anti-freeze " on public trail for dogs to find and eat. :mad: I am so glad I do not walk my dog in Amesbury parks but I will have to be very careful walking my dog at any park. I did not post the link b/c I am only to read certain numbers of stories . You have to subscribe to total access to the online paper. Some woman dog almost ate some of the poison food but she was able to stop her dog in time. I hope the cops find this sick SOB fast !

I can't believe what I just read in my local newspaper on line. Some ass**** is leaving " Food with nails, anti-freeze " on public trail for dogs to find and eat. :mad: I am so glad I do not walk my dog in Amesbury parks but I will have to be very careful walking my dog at any park. I did not post the link b/c I am only to read certain numbers of stories . You have to subscribe to total access to the online paper. Some woman dog almost ate some of the poison food but she was able to stop her dog in time. I hope the cops find this sick SOB fast !

WDYS.... I found a different link. Hope that helps.

snopes.com: Hazardous Treats Found at Dog Parks

Thinking that I hope the weekend goes slow. My new job is going well but again like my old job, there is tooooooo much to do and tooo little time. I really really really am fed up with how teachers are required to go to all these meetings but yet have everything done in time for the students. Doesn't make sense. My co teacher and I were talking about that yesterday. We have all these meetings and little planning time. We both refuse to bring home work because we both already show up an hour and half early for work each day. How much more can we do. Why cant we just enjoy teaching the kids? The teaching field isn't what it used to be.

I wondered about all the meetings teachers have to go today and how it affect teachers and the students . This the same in my city there is a meeting on first Thursday of each month and the students have half a day. Some parents hate this b/c they work and have to leave work early, they been trying to get the school to at least have the meeting on Friday .
We never had half days when I went to school .

I want to made it clear that this NOT a rumor in my state , the woman brought the poison food to the police station and the cops saw the nails in it.

I believe you. Your state isn't the only one that's had these problems. Several others have also had similar issues.

Deadly dog treats reported

By Dave Rogers Staff Writer | Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 3:25 am
AMESBURY — Police are warning dog owners in town to be vigilant on public walking trails as they investigate a report of poisoned dog treats found in the Town Forest.

Amesbury City Councilor Anne Ferguson said her daughter had just let her 3-year-old rescue dog out of her car and into the Town Forest parking lot on Kimball Road when the dog dashed to what appeared to be food on the ground. Ferguson’s daughter stopped her dog and examined the pieces of meat, cheese and fruit and discovered sharp pieces of metal like nails, needles and pins, as well as an anti-freeze smell. Anti-freeze is a sweet-tasting liquid that if consumed is highly toxic.

Disgusted and concerned, Ferguson’s daughter took one of the pieces to the Amesbury Police Department and spoke to a dispatcher, Ferguson said.
”My daughter is completely freaked out,” Ferguson said.

According to Amesbury police Chief Kevin Ouellet, a shift supervisor was notified and the information relayed up the chain of command. Ouellet said police have begun a formal investigation into the incident and will be reaching out to Ferguson and her daughter.

”We want to start with the original source of the complaint,” Ouellet said.
Ouellet said it was too early to speculate why someone might want to poison dogs, adding police first had to determine whether the report was accurate.

Amesbury has become a popular place for people throughout the region to bring their dogs for walks. Two large city-owned parcels of land — Battis Farm and Woodsom Farm — regularly draw large numbers of dog walkers. The Town Forest is also frequented by dog walkers, but it is not as heavily visited as Battis and Woodsom.

Word of the potentially poisoned treats spread quickly after it was posted Wednesday on the Facebook page Amesbury Talks. Dozens of anger-filled comments quickly followed, including some who were incredulous that someone might maim or kill their dogs. Other posters wondered whether other dog-walking hot spots including Woodsom Farm and Battis Farm might have had similar incidents.

”I hope it’s only a random incident and it doesn’t happen again,” Ferguson said, adding that it was important for dog owners to be vigilant and keep an eye out.

A quick search of the Internet shows that there have been several reported incidents nationwide and in Europe over the last few years that included people hurting or killing dogs by lacing food with chemicals or sharp objects.

http://www.newburyportnews.com/news/local_news/article_2321d1c6-909d-5102-b8b9-10f152988677.html

Deadly dog treats reported

By Dave Rogers Staff Writer | Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 3:25 am
AMESBURY — Police are warning dog owners in town to be vigilant on public walking trails as they investigate a report of poisoned dog treats found in the Town Forest.

Amesbury City Councilor Anne Ferguson said her daughter had just let her 3-year-old rescue dog out of her car and into the Town Forest parking lot on Kimball Road when the dog dashed to what appeared to be food on the ground. Ferguson’s daughter stopped her dog and examined the pieces of meat, cheese and fruit and discovered sharp pieces of metal like nails, needles and pins, as well as an anti-freeze smell. Anti-freeze is a sweet-tasting liquid that if consumed is highly toxic.

Disgusted and concerned, Ferguson’s daughter took one of the pieces to the Amesbury Police Department and spoke to a dispatcher, Ferguson said.
”My daughter is completely freaked out,” Ferguson said.

According to Amesbury police Chief Kevin Ouellet, a shift supervisor was notified and the information relayed up the chain of command. Ouellet said police have begun a formal investigation into the incident and will be reaching out to Ferguson and her daughter.

”We want to start with the original source of the complaint,” Ouellet said.
Ouellet said it was too early to speculate why someone might want to poison dogs, adding police first had to determine whether the report was accurate.

Amesbury has become a popular place for people throughout the region to bring their dogs for walks. Two large city-owned parcels of land — Battis Farm and Woodsom Farm — regularly draw large numbers of dog walkers. The Town Forest is also frequented by dog walkers, but it is not as heavily visited as Battis and Woodsom.

Word of the potentially poisoned treats spread quickly after it was posted Wednesday on the Facebook page Amesbury Talks. Dozens of anger-filled comments quickly followed, including some who were incredulous that someone might maim or kill their dogs. Other posters wondered whether other dog-walking hot spots including Woodsom Farm and Battis Farm might have had similar incidents.

”I hope it’s only a random incident and it doesn’t happen again,” Ferguson said, adding that it was important for dog owners to be vigilant and keep an eye out.

A quick search of the Internet shows that there have been several reported incidents nationwide and in Europe over the last few years that included people hurting or killing dogs by lacing food with chemicals or sharp objects.

Deadly dog treats reported - The Daily News of Newburyport: Local News

Thank you ! I been getting warning that I only have a few more times to read the paper on line and I will have to buy it to still use it.

This has happen before and I wonder if it's the same sicko . I use to take Finlay to the woods and would park on the side of the road like everyone else.
Dogs owners would keep finding branches on the ground and would have to move them to park their car. We found out there was a nutty woman feeding the squirrels walnuts and she was yelling at dogs owners b/c their dogs where running after the squirrels . The woman was driving the ACO nuts by calling every day about her poor squirrels . I said the woman better be careful or the squirrels might think she is 'nut' and carry her off. We have some very weird people around.

Thinking about the fact that I'll be making my last trip to the Lake Shore Drive bike path of 2014. I want to get certain photos before it cools off next weekend. I also have plans to head to Cloud Gate early tomorrow morning, and should get what I need, and get back here before lunch.

I thought when you rode a bike you had to follow the same traffic rules as a person in a car. I was out today and 3 guys on bikes where trying to made left turn and got right in front of my moving car and the guys gave no hand signals . They where lucky that I realize they where about to made a turn by cutting in front of my car. I have seen people give a hand signal while riding their bike and this helps a lot .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back