What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya think? Well, luckily me, I can prove I wasn't bluffing.

Mark - it doesn't cost you $2,000 to open up a saving account. it's a promotional email to encourage you to open up a saving account and they will give you $50 if you put in $2,000 within 10 days after opening a saving account.

do you understand now? if you put in $2,000 after you open a saving account within 10 days.... you get $50. if not... you don't get $50. gotcha?

You probably picked wrong one to open an account.

You mean the wrong Chase? I've wondered about that, but at the time, that one was the only one closest to my house, and that reminds me-- I need to transfer my account to that new Chase bank that opened last November. Nice and small. I'll probably head there today to do that.

Mark - it doesn't cost you $2,000 to open up a saving account. it's a promotional email to encourage you to open up a saving account and they will give you $50 if you put in $2,000 within 10 days after opening a saving account.

do you understand now? if you put in $2,000 after you open a saving account within 10 days.... you get $50. if not... you don't get $50. gotcha?

Why do they do that? They should know better. I can never have $2,000 in my bank account for any reason, unless I had a decent paying job, then yeah, I could.

The only e-mail I get from my bank is the statements, ATM receipts and the alerts about the account activity. I don't need any promotions to create any more accounts.. I have all I need with my bank.

Why do they do that? They should know better. I can never have $2,000 in my bank account for any reason, unless I had a decent paying job, then yeah, I could.

it's a promotional email.... everybody gets one... so do I and I don't have a Chase account except credit card. the marketer does not know anything about you. they do not have any access to your account. if you look at the bottom of that email - you will see a link to opt out of marketing/promotion email list.

The only e-mail I get from my bank is the statements, ATM receipts and the alerts about the account activity. I don't need any promotions to create any more accounts.. I have all I need with my bank.

Unfortunately I can't terminate the promotional stuff, as I checked, and I'll have to call and see if I can end it.

it's a promotional email.... everybody gets one... so do I and I don't have a Chase account except credit card. the marketer does not know anything about you. they do not have any access to your account. if you look at the bottom of that email - you will see a link to opt out of marketing/promotion email list.

-_- Missed that link. Clicked and done. No more advertising. More peace now.

You mean the wrong Chase? I've wondered about that, but at the time, that one was the only one closest to my house, and that reminds me-- I need to transfer my account to that new Chase bank that opened last November. Nice and small. I'll probably head there today to do that.

Find out more information about your savings account tmw.

Find out more information about your savings account tmw.

nah. it's not worth it since Mark has stated that he doesn't have an amount close to $2,000. without a job or a large amount of money... having a saving account at brick n' mortar bank will not be beneficial for you because in most cases - they requires you to maintain a certain minimum or they'll charge you a monthly maintenance fee.

nah. it's not worth it since Mark has stated that he doesn't have an amount close to $2,000. without a job or a large amount of money... having a saving account at brick n' mortar bank will not be beneficial for you because in most cases - they requires you to maintain a certain minimum or they'll charge you a monthly maintenance fee.

Are you saying that he didn't open an account at Chase bank?

Speaking of savings, does anyone what kind of savings account is a low risk but high interest one?

Yes, Jiro is correct. Also correct is Mew, on the number of times a person is allowed to withdraw from it. Plus, maintaining the amount they want is darn nearly impossible, anyways. Checking account for me, but if I ever have a kid, then yeah, I would, for that child.

Mark did you open an account with Chase bank?

Speaking of savings, does anyone what kind of savings account is a low risk but high interest one?

low risk but high interest (aka high yield)? it's everybody's dream :lol:

Top High Yield Savings Accounts | NerdWallet

there's no high or low risk. the risk is same for everybody because you're giving them your money for them to play with which is why they're offering some yield as an incentive. as long as it's FDIC-insured and your amount is below $250,000... you're good to go. and also be quick to withdraw your money in cash if bank's going kaput :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back