What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase and BOA are two I can think of.

no. those banks have very low yield. so low that it's insulting :lol:

If you can put money and your wallet and not touch it, can't you just as easily put money in your checking account and not touch it as well? :hmm:

The only reason I have a savings account is because I have them automatically take X amount of money out of my checking account each month and put it in my savings so I don't notice it. Before I know it, I have all this extra money in there! :D Surprise! :D

Yes, that is a promotional add, definitely not telling you it costs $2000 to open a savings account. If everyone had to have $2000 to open a savings account, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have many customers at that rate. :shock:

Anything about BoA is insulting....

I am with Chase not for their interest, but my low interest rates. :P I keep my savings in credit unions, they usually have the biggest return on interest with savings accounts. :P Surprisingly, Chase had the lowest interest rates with all of my loans... even lower than my credit union.... :jaw: :shock: Couldn't really pass it up, so I stay... for now... :P

Hmm. Maybe times have changed? :dunno: I remember that a CD had a high interest rate, but maybe not these days?

You never had problem until now right? Sounds like an advertisement to me.

it is a promotional email.... it's not a problem. just an annoyance :lol:

Hmm. Maybe times have changed? :dunno: I remember that a CD had a high interest rate, but maybe not these days?

that's different. CD and Saving Account are 2 different things. CD does have a higher yield than saving account but it comes with early withdrawal penalty fee if you withdraw it within less than 6 months (or whatever their policy is).

these types of accounts are only worthwhile for you if you have $$$$$$$ to put aside like over $2,000... or better - over $5,000. Leaving a piddly amount like $200-500 in those kind of account is not even worthwhile unless you do get excited over some 25 cents profit in one year.

Anything about BoA is insulting....

I am with Chase not for their interest, but my low interest rates. :P I keep my savings in credit unions, they usually have the biggest return on interest with savings accounts. :P Surprisingly, Chase had the lowest interest rates with all of my loans... even lower than my credit union.... :jaw: :shock: Couldn't really pass it up, so I stay... for now... :P

lol hey I love my BoA. no problem with them so far. I just love its ubiquity of ATMs :lol:

for interest... I put my money in mutual funds and 401K. got a much much higher yields but then.... I can't touch it till I'm a retired old fart except mutual funds although I'll have to report my profit to G-Men :lol:

that's different. CD and Saving Account are 2 different things. CD does have a higher yield than saving account but it comes with early withdrawal penalty fee if you withdraw it within less than 6 months (or whatever their policy is).

these types of accounts are only worthwhile for you if you have $$$$$$$ to put aside like over $2,000... or better - over $5,000. Leaving a piddly amount like $200-500 in those kind of account is not even worthwhile unless you do get excited over some 25 cents profit in one year.

That's what I thought. And for the amount needed for Chase, it's $5,000 or more.

I feel buzzed close enough to being drunk. I am feeling frisky. I wish my good friend stayed at my place longer! :(

lol hey I love my BoA. no problem with them so far. I just love its ubiquity of ATMs :lol:

for interest... I put my money in mutual funds and 401K. got a much much higher yields but then.... I can't touch it till I'm a retired old fart except mutual funds although I'll have to report my profit to G-Men :lol:

Oh of course, have to have the 401K! :P

Not always, my nephew took $10k out of his 401k to buy a used SUV and catch up on some bills but he has to pay that amount back but no interest.

Not always, my nephew took $10k out of his 401k to buy a used SUV and catch up on some bills but he has to pay that amount back but no interest.

$10,000 is a LOT to pay back. I know an acquaintance who didn't care about overdrafts and still withdrew money, and now that person owes the bank more than $7,000 in overdraft fees.

Yes, I can borrow against my 401K with no interest as long as I pay it back within a certain time frame as long as I don't take it all out. If I cash it out early there is a penalty though... and it's retarded high. ( Not happening anyway ) I wouldn't borrow against it either, personally... That's my retirement, leave it be! :P I put additional in it, my company matches X% ect ect... but I would try to avoid borrowing or withdrawing ever ever ever.... ever... :shock: Ever...

oh yea that's right!

$10,000 is a LOT to pay back. I know an acquaintance who didn't care about overdrafts and still withdrew money, and now that person owes the bank more than $7,000 in overdraft fees.

what a stupid stupid stupid person.... *smh*!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I can borrow against my 401K with no interest as long as I pay it back within a certain time frame as long as I don't take it all out. If I cash it out early there is a penalty though... and it's retarded high. ( Not happening anyway ) I wouldn't borrow against it either, personally... That's my retirement, leave it be! :P I put additional in it, my company matches X% ect ect... but I would try to avoid borrowing or withdrawing ever ever ever.... ever... :shock: Ever...

I think the penalty rate is 50% or somewhere around :hmm:

What a stupid stupid bank to let them keep withdrawing money... What bank allows you to keep withdrawing money when you overdraft?! Seriously, I've never heard of a bank that will just keep letting you withdraw once in the negative....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back