What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Botts. That cooled me off as it is a cool 85+ here and I was thinking it was hot. :lol:
Of course, if I get off my butt and go mow the front lawn, I may change my mind about it being cool. :)
Well, I did the front lawn. Worked up a sweat even though the sun was low in the sky. Thinking it will take me 3 evenings to mow the backyard with the heat we're having.

Our skies are dark...real windy...but only a smattering of rain...took down all the hanging plants outside and hopped to Subway to get 6 $5 dollar foot longs....Seems my doggie knows something is up, she won't go out to pee-pee....(perhaps thinking she might get blown away)....Saw a few jet skies out on the river, seems they are having fun! The water is real choppy...got our scented candles ready to go, found the matches....opened up the patio blinds so we've got a very good view out there....Feel the rain will come sometime tonight.

Got this on FB from NOAA NWS National Hurricane Center

Tropical Storm Beryl is near hurricane strength this evening. USAF Reserve Hurricane Hunter Reconnaisance and Doppler Radar indicate maximum sustained winds are 70 mph with higher gusts. Little change in strength is expected before landfall, but any additional increase in strength would make Beryl a Category 1 hurricane. Steady weakening is forecast after landfall, and Beryl is forecast to be a tropical depression by Monday Night.
Tropical storm conditions are now affecting the coast of northeast Florida and southeast Georgia, and these conditions will spread inland during the next few hours and continue through tonight. Gusts to hurricane force are likely over northeast Florida and southeast Georgia into the early morning hours.
The water along the coast could reach 2 to 4 feet above ground along the Georiga and northeast Florida coastline if the peak surge occurs at the time of high tide.
Rainfall of 4 to 8 inches, with isolated amounts up to 12 inches, is expected to occur from North Florida through southeastern North Carolina.
For the latest information, including warnings and graphics, go to the NHC website at www.hurricanes.gov
For information specific to your area, go to the website of your local NOAA National Weather Service at NOAA's National Weather Service

I'm thinking my family has no clue on how to do anything. I have a kitchen full of stuff to eat and my son is bugging me to take him to McD's. I have told him, there is bread, mayo, mustard, cheese, butter, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and a bunch of ham. He can make either salad (we have the dressing), grilled cheese, or just a ham sandwich. He claims it's either Ramen noodles or nothing. He is driving me nuts.

At my house, it's make your own food or go hungry. (Both of my parents work odd shifts, so they are usually either at work or sleeping at mealtimes.) I've known how to make simple foods since age 8 or younger, and have made my own food most nights ever since. My brother is the same way, although I often make his food, too. (He's 14, and he NEVER cleans up after himself. He'd wreck the kitchen, and I'd have to clean it up.) Now, I know how to make most anything as long as I have a recipe to follow. On the weekends, my mother usually makes some food and puts it into the fridge for the week, too.

Some people think that my parents are horrible for not making our food every night, and for not eating with us. But they can't help it that they work odd shifts, and that they are working or sleeping at mealtimes. I'm not going to drag my mother away from her sleep, just so that she can make dinner. It's important that she sleeps during the day, because she works at night. It doesn't really bother us. On important occasions, like Christmas and Thanksgiving, we eat together as a family. But other than that, we usually eat seperately.

Actually, I think that this has been a good thing for my brother and I. We know how to cook, clean, and keep house - something that a lot of my friends don't seem to know how to do. Some of my friends don't even know how to use the oven or the washer machine! In the long run, it has actually been good for us - made us grow up quicker.

Just tell your son that he either makes his own food, or he goes hungry. See how long THAT lasts! :naughty:

I'm just thinking about how I have 9 days of school left, including weekends. I can't wait for school to be over!!!

:D

Thinking about looking more like my mom and buying a house dress or two. Do they still sell those?
I tend to stay in my pj's when I'm doing housework because I don't like having to change clothes during the day (if I get dirty/sweaty while doing the housework). Changing into/out of a house dress wouldn't be as bad.

I am thinking about how much I want my car back. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks. Of course they needed to order the parts, then the parts did not come in. Unfortunately it is the only dealership in the area to work on my make of car. Then we get to pay them almost $2000 when it is finally ready. I did not use my car much this year while I was recovering, but I want it NOW!!! How can a shop stay in business and treat the customers this way? This is when I really miss not being able to use the phone.

I like my new hairstyle :)

i was not thinking of anything till read this thread,now thinking of that poor lady who died,had breast cancer myself, also just lost me crown so thinking about the cost

I am thinking about how much I want my car back. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks. Of course they needed to order the parts, then the parts did not come in. Unfortunately it is the only dealership in the area to work on my make of car. Then we get to pay them almost $2000 when it is finally ready. I did not use my car much this year while I was recovering, but I want it NOW!!! How can a shop stay in business and treat the customers this way? This is when I really miss not being able to use the phone.

There are ways around not being able to hear one the phone. Look at these sites: Hamilton CapTel and there is also CapTel services provided by Sprint What is CapTel? | Sprint CapTel

You do need to speak right away because there is some delay before you get all of what is said. The trick is to respond at first before you read all of their first answer to keep them from hanging up because of the delay. Also it is good to explain what you are using.

I have not connection to any of these but am a user after first looking for something to use with cell phone.

There are ways around not being able to hear one the phone. Look at these sites: Hamilton CapTel and there is also CapTel services provided by Sprint What is CapTel? | Sprint CapTel

You do need to speak right away because there is some delay before you get all of what is said. The trick is to respond at first before you read all of their first answer to keep them from hanging up because of the delay. Also it is good to explain what you are using.

I have not connection to any of these but am a user after first looking for something to use with cell phone.

I do have the Cap-Tel phone. It works pretty good with some friends and family. For business type calls, especially if I want to complain about customer service with my car, it never seems to work out right and they do hang up.

I do have the Cap-Tel phone. It works pretty good with some friends and family. For business type calls, especially if I want to complain about customer service with my car, it never seems to work out right and they do hang up.

I do have residual hearing of the type that I can tell they are there (with hearing aid on) but don't get the words as words. So I can start as soon as I hear something from the other end. I guess you could try saying something as soon as you get just the "ringing" indicator.

Unfortunately there are companies and people who just don't want to put in the little extra effort to communicate via relay. Especially when you place a call and need to be transferred to another department. A big plus tho, I get a lot less sales calls:) Luckily my husband is handling my car. If there is some delay this week, I will go down there and give them a some of my Irish temper. LOL

How frustrating! :( Since they are taking so long (and hey, there is such a thing as overnight delivery, UPS expedited, etc., so 3 weeks without parts is just ridiculous! :roll:), they should give you a sizable discount since they aren't providing a loaner car or help w/ a rental car. :hmm:

I use our land-line Captel phone for any business calls and it seems to connect pretty quickly. And the captioning is usually 1-2 sentences behind, so with my residual hearing + the captioning, I can manage most of the time. Once I've made contact (they've answered) I make sure they understand there is someone on the line typing captions to me of what they say, as I'm HOH. It has worked out most of the time. The "hearies" feel more secure because they can hear my voice when I respond, etc., rather than full-on relay. :) I'm sorry your Captel doesn't work well for you. It can be soooo frustrating dealing with the hearing world! :mad:

Unfortunately there are companies and people who just don't want to put in the little extra effort to communicate via relay. Especially when you place a call and need to be transferred to another department. A big plus tho, I get a lot less sales calls:) Luckily my husband is handling my car. If there is some delay this week, I will go down there and give them a some of my Irish temper. LOL

Where in Ireland are you or your family from?

Thinking about looking more like my mom and buying a house dress or two. Do they still sell those?

Yes, I think so. My mother wears a house dress all the time. She recently bought some online, but I don't know where. I'll try to find out, if you want. You could probably find a sewing pattern for a house dress, if you or someone you know sews.

Look on Esty, I think some people make/sell them there.

house dress on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.

Sounds like either a Volvo, Saab, or VW dealership, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back