What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking (and I know people are going to protest this thought), please, please rain in my area on Monday. I would even take and all day soaker.

Maybe take one of your stress reducing trips to the beach & get stuck there or get lost going home...until it's too late to BBQ.
Or do you want me to send you a text msg or email "Kristina, I really need to meet you at <fill in the blank> to discuss something right now"

Just trying to help w/o ruining everyone else's holiday. :)

I need to zerox some more vocabulary pages from my ASL text and make index study cards, pics on one side, words on the back. :P

I need to zerox some more vocabulary pages from my ASL text and make index study cards, pics on one side, words on the back. :P

where are you finding pics of signs at? Ive thought about doing ASL flash cards, but couldnt find any Sign pictures online

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
I'm thinking (and I know people are going to protest this thought), please, please rain in my area on Monday. I would even take and all day soaker.

Not me. I welcome the rain. We are currently under a tropical storm warning. We could use a soaker to put out the fire and help with the drought.

where are you finding pics of signs at? Ive thought about doing ASL flash cards, but couldnt find any Sign pictures online

We purchased "Barron's 500 Flash Cards Of American Sign Language" on-line for around $20. Don't know if this is what you are looking for but they are really good.

We have a text book. In the back of each chapter there are pics of the signs with one word descriptions underneath each one. I zerox the pages, then cut them up and staple/tape/glue onto index cards. One side pic; other side word.

We purchased "Barron's 500 Flash Cards Of American Sign Language" on-line for around $20. Don't know if this is what you are looking for but they are really good.

Sounds good too, and a whole lot easier than making my own! :D But, on the other had, the text book is already paid for, so seemed cheaper to just make my own, and then have cards to practice with for each chapter we are doing. Our text book is: Learning American Sign Language: Levels I & II--Beginning & Intermediate (2nd Edition) by Tom L. Humphries (Author), Carol A. Padden (Author):

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Learning-American-Sign-Language-II-Beginning/dp/0205275532/ref=dp_ob_title_bk/186-8999472-9774251[/ame]

There's also a video, but we haven't invested in that yet...We have our teacher, after all! :giggle:

Am thinking about the upcoming Storm....no rain as of yet, but it's very windy, mostly sunny, off and on, somewhat overcast....So I'm preparing some meals ahead of time in case the electricity cuts off. That's what I dislike about tropical storms/hurricanes....no air conditioning/lights. If it happens, we will most likely sit on the patio to keep as cool as we can, crate the animals also and bring them out there. Also getting a lot of fresh water ready, filling up several jugs and putting them in the refrigerator.

Hope you all do o.k. and the storm doesn't come so you lose electricity & air! :wave:

How it's so hot and humid outside. Getting lots of yardwork done. Came in to get some fresh cold air from the central air. Back to working outside again soon. Stepping in doggy-poo was a stinker earlier :)

Glad we're having some clouds/fog and it's cool today, in the 60s. :P Perfect that we don't need the heat on and we don't need the A/C on. Cheapest time of the year for our utility bills. :D

I was sitting here playing a game on my computer, room got dark, looked out the window and it was pouring rain. We have lightening, thunder and lots of wind. Right now, it has finally started to slow down, but it's still dark out there.

Glad we're having some clouds/fog and it's cool today, in the 60s. :P Perfect that we don't need the heat on and we don't need the A/C on. Cheapest time of the year for our utility bills. :D

Today, we are supposed to be mid 90's with a heat index of 105 F.

I really hate this weather, and wish I had yours or Kristina's!

Thank you Botts. That cooled me off as it is a cool 85+ here and I was thinking it was hot. :lol:
Of course, if I get off my butt and go mow the front lawn, I may change my mind about it being cool. :)

Storms are weakening, but we currently have 3 weather alerts. 1. Rip currents lasting until 6am tomorrow, 2. Significant weather advisory lasting for another 45 minutes, and 3. Severe Thunderstorm Warning lasting another 45 minutes. Temp is 82.

Storms are weakening, but we currently have 3 weather alerts. 1. Rip currents lasting until 6am tomorrow, 2. Significant weather advisory lasting for another 45 minutes, and 3. Severe Thunderstorm Warning lasting another 45 minutes. Temp is 82.

I wasn't kidding about wanting your weather. For some reason, I always feel extremely happy during those conditions.

For a non sequitor , I am also thinking , "I like pink."

Our skies are dark...real windy...but only a smattering of rain...took down all the hanging plants outside and hopped to Subway to get 6 $5 dollar foot longs....Seems my doggie knows something is up, she won't go out to pee-pee....(perhaps thinking she might get blown away)....Saw a few jet skies out on the river, seems they are having fun! The water is real choppy...got our scented candles ready to go, found the matches....opened up the patio blinds so we've got a very good view out there....Feel the rain will come sometime tonight.

Our skies are dark...real windy...but only a smattering of rain...took down all the hanging plants outside and hopped to Subway to get 6 $5 dollar foot longs....Seems my doggie knows something is up, she won't go out to pee-pee....(perhaps thinking she might get blown away)....Saw a few jet skies out on the river, seems they are having fun! The water is real choppy...got our scented candles ready to go, found the matches....opened up the patio blinds so we've got a very good view out there....Feel the rain will come sometime tonight.

Stay safe!! We now have blue skies and a few clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back