What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking my family has no clue on how to do anything. I have a kitchen full of stuff to eat and my son is bugging me to take him to McD's. I have told him, there is bread, mayo, mustard, cheese, butter, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and a bunch of ham. He can make either salad (we have the dressing), grilled cheese, or just a ham sandwich. He claims it's either Ramen noodles or nothing. He is driving me nuts.

I'm thinking my family has no clue on how to do anything. I have a kitchen full of stuff to eat and my son is bugging me to take him to McD's. I have told him, there is bread, mayo, mustard, cheese, butter, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and a bunch of ham. He can make either salad (we have the dressing), grilled cheese, or just a ham sandwich. He claims it's either Ramen noodles or nothing. He is driving me nuts.

My boys are the same way!...and my 15 yr. old absolutely will not eat any left-overs!

I am thinking of the weekend, taking care of the pets and condo this weekend whoohoo!!

Thinking about courage, finding it, using it. :rockon: In our ASL class we have a student who is blind, and HOH. She wants to learn ASL. Two experienced signers come every class night and work with her, teaching her with their hands into hers, forming the signs. Our teacher, who is Deaf, teaches in silence. The experienced signers are the only ones allowed to speak during class. :D

When I saw the fluent signers first arrive and converse with our teacher before the blind student arrived, their were like dancing in their animation as they signed. Something our teacher tries to teach us, along with the signs, of course. To use our faces and body language along with the signs. They were so awesome it made me feel discouraged that I could ever ever get to that point, to be able to have a "real conversation" in sign, starting so late in life. :confused:

Then the blind student arrived. Smiling and eager to get started. She taught me by her own courage and enthusiasm, to keep going and not get discouraged. Bless her! ASL classes teach more than ASL at times. Everyone there is HOH or Late Deafeaned, having our worlds turned inside out, and having to learn new ways to be. We are teaching each other the courage to be willing to change and to learn, to be different. So glad I am there! :aw:

Thinking I really have no clue about a lot of things and it's best if I just bow out of life in general.

Wirelessly posted

Thinking about school is going to be out next week. Need to find some constructive things for my kids to do in the summer time.

chelsea flower show,and getting off butt do garden but sadly it remains a thought

I am thinking of the weekend!

Wirelessly posted

Lunch is over. Now time to practice my ASL for class tonite. :P Also sad, no class Monday for the Memorial Day holiday. :( I'd rather have class. :D

Last edited:
Thinking about going to beach this weekend, starting Thursday after work. Get my Jetski alive again!

Thinking about turning off the computer :type: and getting my errands done! :P Am going to buy the index cards that were suggested elsewhere, :yesway: and make photocopies of signs from my ASL textbook on one side, and description and name of sign on the other. Will help with studies! :)

Thinking I need a 15-minute nap before the boys come home from school. Then we will go pick up our Cat from the Vet...he was neutured yesterday and got his shots...our doggie has been looking all over for him....Wondering if he is gonna be "pissed" at me for losing his nuts?....:giggle:....well, bought some more treats for him, but Cats are somewhat finky and don't forget too easily like dogs do.

Thinking I should be doing something productive like reading my SQL or C++ books. Instead I'm reading about the Power Rangers and listening to Caramelldansen with the HA's off and headphones on LOUD.

I'm useless today.

Thinking about all the rain we've been having and hoping for sunshine soon.

only thing i cant stand about ASL is that one hand finger spell its, horrible!!

i am thinking about just how many fraud interpreters are there in the united states, and what did they do about it? did anyone successfully sued or banned them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back