What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking about how San Francisco is celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. On the 50th my hubby and I were there and we walked across it for the celebration. Those 25 years went by awfully quick!! Guess I am feeling a little old today.

What was the disagreement about?

I said is was not good idea to feed a dog a treat when it barking or growling at you. That is rewarding a dog for bad behavior. Another member I will call 'Bess' said that was not true . Then Bess when ahead and told another that she was rewarding her dog for 'bad behavior'. No one called Bess out on the being wrong. I called did and because I did I told I was disturbing the peace ! Bess is the 'know it all ' on the dog blog and been on longer than me. Some people give their dog a treat when they are barking or growling as they think it will made the dog forget about 'why' it barking!

I said is was not good idea to feed a dog a treat when it barking or growling at you. That is rewarding a dog for bad behavior. Another member I will call 'Bess' said that was not true . Then Bess when ahead and told another that she was rewarding her dog for 'bad behavior'. No one called Bess out on the being wrong. I called did and because I did I told I was disturbing the peace ! Bess is the 'know it all ' on the dog blog and been on longer than me. Some people give their dog a treat when they are barking or growling as they think it will made the dog forget about 'why' it barking!

If it was my dog that was barking/growling, No, I would not give it a treat....but if I were walking along and did have a treat in my pocket (as I usually do for my own doggie), and a strange dog started growling and barking at me, I would offer the treat in hopes he would not attack me....Even throw it out to him....maybe giving me a chance to run to safe quarters.....

My own doggie growls and barks occassionally, gives me warning that "something" is outside, so I look out to check...then I just "pat" her and say "good girl"...but no treat...she gets a treat twice a day AM * PM.

If it was my dog that was barking/growling, No, I would not give it a treat....but if I were walking along and did have a treat in my pocket (as I usually do for my own doggie), and a strange dog started growling and barking at me, I would offer the treat in hopes he would not attack me....Even throw it out to him....maybe giving me a chance to run to safe quarters.....

My own doggie growls and barks occassionally, gives me warning that "something" is outside, so I look out to check...then I just "pat" her and say "good girl"...but no treat...she gets a treat twice a day AM * PM.

I told Finlay he was good boy when he warned me that someone outside by barking. But I would never reward my dog if bark or growled at me ! I do not carry treats with me anymore. The last time I had some dog treat made from salmon in my shorts pocket and I was walking in the woods with Finlay and end up having all kind of dogs following me! And one dog poked his nose in my pocket and almost pulled my shorts off me!! I felt like the Pied Piper with the dogs following me! I was told by a wild life expert to bring a walking stick with we when I when into woods with my dog. I could use my stick if a dog or wild animal tried to attack my dog or me.

I can't believe that I was banned for good from a dog forum I was using because I disagreed with another member!

Sorry to hear that. No offense, but is it possible someone got offended by how you said it instead of what you said?

You tend to put exclamation marks after every sentence (!), which can change the tone of a sentence completely.

Sorry to hear that. No offense, but is it possible someone got offended by how you said it instead of what you said?

You tend to put exclamation marks after every sentence (!), which can change the tone of a sentence completely.

I did not use any '!' in that comment. I am trying not to use '!' so much
I have a feeling the person I had a disagreement is a friend of person the started the dog blog. As she was allowed to disagree with with anyone...

I have a feeling the person I had a disagreement is a friend of person the started the dog blog. As she was allowed to disagree with with anyone...

Funny you say that....everyone I know that is part of a dog interest group tells me that favoritism and politics are rampant, so you probably are right about the blogger....

I think so figure out look likes tired pretty best!

Thinking about tomorrow and getting together with other HOH/Late Deafened ASL students we've come to know from classes. We're all going to have our text books & dictionaries, cell phones, and we're bringing the Scrabble game. :P Looking forward to it! :D

Thinking about the lack of anything from my Deaf church. I haven't been for about 6-8 weeks due to leg issues and such, but I emailed a few people and texted others to make sure there would be service tomorrow. Non one has gotten back at me, and the post I put onto FB on the Church's page was removed.

I feeling better awhile on stay on better pressure cause on want to better focus on better positive figure out I do !

I'm thinking of friends, current, former and to be.

I am thinking that it's pouring down rain and the kids left the rugs on the line.

gave up smoking so desperatly trying not to think cos thinking comes back to fags each time

That sometimes I do such stupid things! Like missing my middle of the day ibuprofen dose for my arthritis in favor of a glass of wine. :naughty: And suffering the painful sleeping and evening later because I had to wait until the bedtime dose, which by then wasn't adequate. Next time, when the timing is off (not enough time before/after ibuprofen dose before drinking alcohol) to just go with water. :whip: Ah, well, Karma has dealt it's lesson this time! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back