What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready for today's work Deaf swimming-real quiet!

I better pull out my ASL textbook and review :)giggle:) because our ASL classes start up again tonight for the HOH and Late Deafened, sponsored by the local advocacy agency! And the great teacher we had before is coming back! :dance2:

Thinking I need to get all my ASL stuff out and review and learn more. Hoping to get together with someone from the Deaf church for lessons. She only wants to do Skype and I'd rather do it in person.

Also thinking about Tinkerbell. She has gotten bad enough that Thursday this week, I will be taking her in to be put to sleep and cremated. I got a look from her this morning that really pulled on my heartstrings. $65 for the euthanasia and cremation. We will not be keeping her ashes as I have really nowhere to put them. The yard is being dug up so much for the construction and then new sod afterwards so it doesn't feel right for her.

Wirelessly posted

I am so sorry about your Tinkerbell. Such a difficult but sometimes needed, decision. {{{HUGS}}}

Thinking how the deaf mom (me) heard the doorbell (well the wireless receiver is plugged in just outside my room) while 2 hearing teenagers (daughter & her boyfriend) did not (because they were vacuuming her room).
I was helped in identifying the sound by the way the cat reacted.

Thinking how the deaf mom (me) heard the doorbell (well the wireless receiver is plugged in just outside my room) while 2 hearing teenagers (daughter & her boyfriend) did not (because they were vacuuming her room).

Get a dog. You will know before they even quite reach your door. :wave:

:hmm:

:lol:

Get a dog. You will know before they even quite reach your door. :wave:

Sorry, I'm a cat person. ;)
The cat may have reacted before the doorbell and I just didn't notice because I was reading AllDeaf on my iPod Touch.
I've had cats who knew when one of our cars was coming up the street.

And that is laugh-worthy, why? Making fun of someone who identifies her environment by what's going on around her? I identify in the same way. My dogs alert me to something by their reactions. They help me tremendously. Every deaf person does the same. Shame on you.

And that is laugh-worthy, why? Making fun of someone who identifies her environment by what's going on around her? I identify in the same way. My dogs alert me to something by their reactions. They help me tremendously. Every deaf person does the same. Shame on you.

I think they laughing about my daughter & boyfriend vacuuming her room. I suspected someone would get the wrong ideas in their head about that comment. :lol:

Why would they laugh about vacuuming her room? Does nobody vacuum their rooms?

Why would they laugh about vacuuming her room? Does nobody vacuum their rooms?

Well, for one, that's what was bolder in his quote.

For another, anything about a teenage girl and her bf in her room (regardless as to how innocent it is) will conjure up naughty thoughts.

It had nothing to do with deaf using visual clues.

For another, anything about a teenage girl and her bf in her room (regardless as to how innocent it is) will conjure up naughty thoughts.

I suspect the misinterpretation goes a lot deeper than a simple misunderstanding.....

I think they laughing about my daughter & boyfriend vacuuming her room. I suspected someone would get the wrong ideas in their head about that comment. :lol:

Ok, then I stand corrected. I do note your :lol: Your initial quote could have been phrased better if you already thought there might be a misunderstanding. :wave:

I didn't really think there was any hanky-panky- but between those two posts that sure was funny!!

I am busy figure out pretty lots of privacy on research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back