What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking I just noticed naisho's post on AD rules and learned that repeititious images are not allowed...that means a certain member here needs to get rid of their annoying repetitive image in their signature. Dearly hoping that will happen

"8.) Members may not scroll unnecessarily. Scrolling can refer to the following:

a.) Excessive quoting
b.) Excessive smilies, pictures
c.) Marquee images, text (scrolling horizontally)
d.) Anything that is repetitious"

Thinking I just noticed naisho's post on AD rules and learned that repeititious images are not allowed...that means a certain member here needs to get rid of their annoying repetitive image in their signature. Dearly hoping that will happen

"8.) Members may not scroll unnecessarily. Scrolling can refer to the following:

a.) Excessive quoting
b.) Excessive smilies, pictures
c.) Marquee images, text (scrolling horizontally)
d.) Anything that is repetitious"

All signatures are repetitous. Fortunately, you can turn off viewing them. Go to user panel, select "edit options" and thumb down to "thread display options" and locate the box for "show signatures."

Hope that helps!

All signatures are repetitous. Fortunately, you can turn off viewing them. Go to user panel, select "edit options" and thumb down to "thread display options" and locate the box for "show signatures."

Hope that helps!

does that work for repetitive gifs? those are the ones I find the most irritating. I just tried to follow your advice but that only works for my own signature, not others'.

does that work for repetitive gifs? those are the ones I find the most irritating.

Not sure. If you are trying to block only one signature, you would need to "ignore" that member. Play around and see what works best.

Another option is to click the "stop" thing on your browser. That keeps GIFs from moving.

Not sure. If you are trying to block only one signature, you would need to "ignore" that member. Play around and see what works best.

Another option is to click the "stop" thing on your browser. That keeps GIFs from moving.

what stop thing on my browser? No idea what that is.

Oops. They must have something similar. Also, pressing the "ESC" key works.

Yep, just tried the ESC key and your avatar stopped throwing kisses/hearts to me. Um, should I be happy or sad about that? :giggle:

I'm freaked out

hoping that my migraine is destroyed by the quad shot drink i just got... please... I am working and I need to not have a migraine... wondering if it is a side effect of yesterdays evil... or if it is just a migraine...

I'm so freaked out about the test. Mine is going to be rescheduled. God, I hope you feel better soon. I really don't want to start my new year like that. Good luck.

what stop thing on my browser? No idea what that is.

since you're on a Apple Mac, their browers will be different, but nevertheleess im sure they'd will have 'settings' or similar "tools' or "options' i dunno but the point im trying to say is, if you go to tools/setting function you might see something like, enable gifs' or similar then you can decide to display it or not...

hope this helps, i dont have Macs...but im sure you can do this
youre smart cookie and you shouldnt have too much trouble, mebbe ask another member who has a mac?...

Thinking how much more improved my house looks now that my computer desk has been painted black. Yay!

Thinking that I'll drag my super sheltered HoH friend who doesn't even know what VP or CapTel is to Las Vegas this July and get quite a culture shock. And I'm not telling her we're going. It will be a surprise trip. It's about time I educated her about our culture and for her to start learning how to accept herself. I got tired of her saying, "Sorry. I'm hearing impaired" to every single person she meets.

I think so wrong to figure out expect to engery to lots of pretty figure out I am pretty difficult! I am lots of prepare lots of balance addiction pop~

Oh boy. Do you mean that the mortgage company does not have your title? If so, how does that happened? I wonder that a clerk might have misfiled your title in someone's folder.

The title company had handled the closing and all. They never called to let us know the check was ready. We called and they said to come in at 2pm. We did and have the money now.

I am laugh to someone funny images languages I images on hard to images my think so theory, and language weird odd funny stranger!

well, I looked it up and apparently Texas was annexed into the US, not the other way around so that's why I asked.

I didn't take Texan history specifically but I did study American history in university (I'm a history major) hence my interest in this who annexed who vis a vis texas and the US.

According to many websites, Texas was annexed into the US. Nowhere have I found that the US was annexed into Texas so what am I missing?

PBS - THE WEST - The Annexation of Texas Joint Resolution of Congress March 1, 1845

We let the US write the history that way to make them feel important. :)

Obviously, I was joking. But since you are into history you might want to look into the "annexation". Pretty interesting debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back