What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's not even close to sarcasm.

let me explain something to you - being funny is something that can be learned and developed. knock knock, who's on first, yo mama, that's what she said, etc... those can be easily learned and expressed.

but being sarcastic... it's a whole another different level. in most cases when trying to be sarcastic, it usually backfires. it's usually best to not try to be sarcastic if you don't know how to be sarcastic in the first place because it can easily make you look like an offensive asshole.

sarcasm is something that cannot be taught. it's not surprising that many people do not know how to detect or express it. it's actually a social phenomenon that was recently scientifically explained and published only several years ago. it requires a very sophisticated understanding and many processes in different parts of brain.

A person with certain brain damage or certain mental illness or certain lack of emotional intelligence would usually not be able to detect nor express sarcasm - usually but not always. everybody can laugh, smile, cry, complain, etc. sarcasm is... much more complicated than these actions. it encompasses everything at a very subtle level.

notsureifserious.jpg

I've noticed that you take everything quite literally and seriously. A sense of humor is something you can practice and learn... no problem but sarcasm... yea don't even try.

Oh really? I thought there were classes to learn sarcasm? Duh me! :lol:

THIS! This right here... Listen to Reba, she is wise. She never takes sides, she is always the one to be able to sit back and evaluate the situation from the sidelines and give input. That is why I admire her so much. She can always hand out unbiased wisdom.

Mark, you over-dramatize everything. Everyone has been through tons of stuff in their lives. You've got Reba right here who is a freaking veteran to our armed forces, you think this woman right here hasn't seen more crap than you have? I can assure you she has. I work in a traige hospital every day and see people shot, stabbed, mutilated, murdered, limbs cut off, gutted, bloodied, run over, children innocently at the edge of death who don't deserve to die and forced to save their killers and you think you have seen more? You have another AD member who was a fire-fighter who ran into burning buildings saving people, some who he was too late for, some who he was injured for and you think you in your 30 years of living in your group housing thing have seen more? Don't feed out your crap, please. Do you see what you do? You play it up. You sit here and play the pity, drama and the whoa is me feel bad for me thing every chance you get. You over dramatize EVERYTHING. Everything is a close call for you. I ran down the stairs too fast, almost close call. I cut my knee, had to wait for bleeding to stop, close call. ( Cut size of pimple we all laughed at ) I'm super sick, I'm not going to be well for a while blah blah ( I'm feeling better update 2 minutes later literally ) I saved a woman's life, Oh wait, there was a licensed medical professional there ( as soon as a P.A. and a fire-fighter called you out on how you misused the equipment you "used" to save her ) Almost had a close call this, close call that all of which are never EVER close calls. This is what everyone is talking about. you over-dramatize EVERYTHING. You start drama. You over-exaggerate. You're a pessimist and you always say "I'm going to work on that, or I'm going to whatever" and I say every single time like I did last time... We'll get a 3 or 4 day break and you'll be back to normal. What happened, we got a 3 or 4 day break and you went right back to normal last night. Posting pointless threads and over-exaggerating having your "close calls" as usual. You can respond to this all you want saying I'm going to work on it and I know this is now the 20th time that we'll get another 3 or 4 day break and you'll go right back to normal of over-exaggerating, drama starting and whining all the time. You're age is 30, but you act like a 13 year old girl. We can't relate to you on this crap because there's nothing to relate to because it's SO BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION! I can relate to almost anything...but this, is ridiculous.

This morning I got a very close call with the corner of my bed and my knee. If they had met, it would have been bad news as I am going on a field trip to DC today. :D

Sounds just like me. Having a hard time getting away from this funk (and no I do not want advice from certain people to "cheer up!!!", I already know exactly what the problem is as to why my sleeping pattern is so effed up and what I SHOULD be doing :))

So sittin' here wondering why I'm still awake. At least I watch netflix to pass the time- old tv show from the 70s called Emergency! that I used to watch only now with captions! yay!
=========
edit--

Dude... see you are doing it again.. seems like you are trying to one upman everyone here.. trying to top what other people say/do. That's the best I can think of how to say it- had something else in mind but can't think of it...

I mean I could say Oh I've done that... I've gone on marathon IM chats with friend(s) (single or group) for more than 8 hours at a time but I don't because it's just not that important in the scheme of things really.

(my apologies to everyone- I normally don't say crap like this but trying to make a point here... and if I'm wrong slap me with a smelly fish (old comic chat thing lol)).

====
Angel- your hubby sounds a bit like my dad lol- he chats with his youngest surviving sister for 1-2 hours- or used to, they haven't recently. He's been known to with his best friend in CA too lol.

Oh no, you hit the nail on the head. He always has to out-stage everyone. He's always done bigger and better than everyone here. He always has a bigger and better story than everyone here, too. I got exactly what you were going for. You don't normally say it, I do. :twisted: At first I tried the friendly approach, then the direct one and now I am just straight up beast about it and he still doesn't get that everyone sees he's full of beans and he still continues to push on. The boy who cried wolf as Reba said was a perfect example. Nobody believes anything he says anymore but yet he continues to go on as if someone does. It's frustrating to see someone who I believe could be a genuinely nice person overall be such a drama starting, over-exaggerating lying person, it really is. I don't believe he's the devil reincarnate or anything... I do believe he tries too hard for people to like him and tries to make people feel sorry for him... and in that causes the lies and stuff... it just sucks.... sad, really.

This morning I got a very close call with the corner of my bed and my knee. If they had met, it would have been bad news as I am going on a field trip to DC today. :D

:laugh2: I just spit water out of my nose... :( It burns... It was a close call, if it had landed on my laptop, it could have ruined it! :shock:

THIS! This right here... Listen to Reba, she is wise. She never takes sides, she is always the one to be able to sit back and evaluate the situation from the sidelines and give input. That is why I admire her so much. She can always hand out unbiased wisdom.

Mark, you over-dramatize everything. Everyone has been through tons of stuff in their lives. You've got Reba right here who is a freaking veteran to our armed forces, you think this woman right here hasn't seen more crap than you have? I can assure you she has. I work in a traige hospital every day and see people shot, stabbed, mutilated, murdered, limbs cut off, gutted, bloodied, run over, children innocently at the edge of death who don't deserve to die and forced to save their killers and you think you have seen more? You have another AD member who was a fire-fighter who ran into burning buildings saving people, some who he was too late for, some who he was injured for and you think you in your 30 years of living in your group housing thing have seen more? Don't feed out your crap, please. Do you see what you do? You play it up. You sit here and play the pity, drama and the whoa is me feel bad for me thing every chance you get. You over dramatize EVERYTHING. Everything is a close call for you. I ran down the stairs too fast, almost close call. I cut my knee, had to wait for bleeding to stop, close call. ( Cut size of pimple we all laughed at ) I'm super sick, I'm not going to be well for a while blah blah ( I'm feeling better update 2 minutes later literally ) I saved a woman's life, Oh wait, there was a licensed medical professional there ( as soon as a P.A. and a fire-fighter called you out on how you misused the equipment you "used" to save her ) Almost had a close call this, close call that all of which are never EVER close calls. This is what everyone is talking about. you over-dramatize EVERYTHING. You start drama. You over-exaggerate. You're a pessimist and you always say "I'm going to work on that, or I'm going to whatever" and I say every single time like I did last time... We'll get a 3 or 4 day break and you'll be back to normal. What happened, we got a 3 or 4 day break and you went right back to normal last night. Posting pointless threads and over-exaggerating having your "close calls" as usual. You can respond to this all you want saying I'm going to work on it and I know this is now the 20th time that we'll get another 3 or 4 day break and you'll go right back to normal of over-exaggerating, drama starting and whining all the time. You're age is 30, but you act like a 13 year old girl. We can't relate to you on this crap because there's nothing to relate to because it's SO BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION! I can relate to almost anything...but this, is ridiculous.

I personally am so fricking tired of I am a PA and I am so fricking smart and oh yeah I have a MASTERS. Good God. The only reason Mark upsets you so much is that you want to whup up on someone and rule this thing gathering allies and be miss who knows wtf.

Mewtiilation I am going to say for some people here-Please stop picking on Mark. It is getting out of hand.

Mewtiilation I am going to say for some people here-Please stop picking on Mark. It is getting out of hand.

No worries-- she can speak her mind all she wants-- it won't deter me, and it definitely won't bother me. I just tune it out and ignore it. Far easier to do it that way than to respond back.

No worries-- she can speak her mind all she wants-- it won't deter me, and it definitely won't bother me. I just tune it out and ignore it. Far easier to do it that way than to respond back.

oh dang! lotta angry people here!

anyway - Mark. I see that you've mentioned many times about your acting class. few questions.

what made you join an acting class? and why you don't go there anymore now?

oh dang! lotta angry people here!

anyway - Mark. I see that you've mentioned many times about your acting class. few questions.

what made you join an acting class? and why you don't go there anymore now?

Okay, first of all, they weren't classes-- these were actual rehearsals for live shows, and I had to be committed to keep going, despite my health at the time, which wasn't in great shape then.

Why I am still not going is because of budget cuts. The last theater production was in 2012, but my last full season was 2010 (Jan-May) and Oct-Dec before sustaining a major back injury that ended my season.

Okay, first of all, they weren't classes-- these were actual rehearsals for live shows, and I had to be committed to keep going, despite my health at the time, which wasn't in great shape then.

Why I am still not going is because of budget cuts. The last theater production was in 2012, but my last full season was 2010 (Jan-May) and Oct-Dec before sustaining a major back injury that ended my season.

Why don't you repost that video of the Threshold's show for Jiro. Not sure if he has seen it. Maybe he'll understand better on that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back