What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so much easier to just be yourself. You try so hard to fit in that at times it overwhelms people.

A little note to add there, the problem with "being yourself" is that it doesn't work if you're a prick. Who wants to be a friends with an asshole?

To be more accurate, a better piece of advice is to simply be ok with the fact not everyone will be your friend. There's an old saying, "You can't please everyone all the time but you can please some people all the time"

I'm 34 years old and I've always had 5 or less friends and that's OK with me. I don't have to pretend just to get someone to like me. I know there are people who don't want to give me the time of the day and I'm not crying over them. And even if you have a good friendship the truth is that sometimes friendships just fade away. I had a really good friend in elementary school but by the time we got to high school we started drifting apart because he was getting into the negative lifestyle of smoking, drinking, etc... and I didn't want anything to do with that.

Ironically I've found easier to make friends if you aren't really attached to that person and instead just focus on enjoying moments. We can never know what's going to happen tomorrow but we can enjoy the moment as it comes.

A little note to add there, the problem with "being yourself" is that it doesn't work if you're a prick. Who wants to be a friends with an asshole?

To be more accurate, a better piece of advice is to simply be ok with the fact not everyone will be your friend. There's an old saying, "You can't please everyone all the time but you can please some people all the time"

I'm 34 years old and I've always had 5 or less friends and that's OK with me. I don't have to pretend just to get someone to like me. I know there are people who don't want to give me the time of the day and I'm not crying over them. And even if you have a good friendship the truth is that sometimes friendships just fade away. I had a really good friend in elementary school but by the time we got to high school we started drifting apart because he was getting into the negative lifestyle of smoking, drinking, etc... and I didn't want anything to do with that.

Ironically I've found easier to make friends if you aren't really attached to that person and instead just focus on enjoying moments. We can never know what's going to happen tomorrow but we can enjoy the moment as it comes.

I have same feeling too.

I only have very few best friends (may 2-3), but used to be many friends when I was high school student.

I agree with you. When we meet someone new, have fun. No need to over share. Be yourself and if people don't like you then it's not worth your effort. There will always be people who don't like us for some reason or another. If we fake who we are it gets exhausting. We all have different backgrounds, education, employment, family and friends. Not everyone is going to like you it's just the way it is.

I had two of my "good" friends totally blow me off when they found out I was sick and lost all of my hearing. We had known each other for 15 years. Our children went to school together, played sport together. I found out that I was not "useful" to them any longer. They didn't need carpools or babysitters any more.

Yeah, which is why I gotta be civil, and watch what I type on here. Sure, some of what I'd been tempted to say previously wasn't pleasant, but I'm smart enough to keep that part well in check.

I think you're a nice guy and all but, just don't be too hard on yourself. There are times it seems like you are overspending yourself. Remember, It is ok to be human and not to be a perfectionist either. :)

I think you're a nice guy and all but, just don't be too hard on yourself. There are times it seems like you are overspending yourself. Remember, It is ok to be human and not to be a perfectionist either. :)

Thanks. I appreciate that. :thumb:

Working on a way to download and install Windows 7. Think I found it.

Well. I spent a large part of the day watching the DVDs for my sports massage continuing education credits, and following along with the book since I couldn't understand a word and there's no captions, then taking the test. I had already gone through the book a few times, so there being no captions wasn't a huge deal. Then I took the test online. Now I'm certified in sports massage yay!!!

Now I'm going to fold all the laundry I was doing while I watching the vids/studying/testing. Ugh I hate laundry, I wish we were all nudists.

No I don't that's a lie.

yay! Congrats Ambrosia!!

Gotta get my own ass in gear to finish the app programming course- oops. :Oops:

Baseball.....S.F. Giants first game of the season.

Would if I could. My true friends are currently busy, and I haven't heard from them in a while, which is to be expected, since they do work at ISD, so I can't be bothering them. As for sarcasm, I'll get used to it, but I gotta learn how to deal with it, though, and I am getting better, but still have a ways to go, though.

just FYI - "true friend" always make time...

just FYI - "true friend" always make time...

Yes, they do. Sad to say-- I think my good friends and I are dirifting apart and headed separate ways, and that's perfectly fine-- they have their lives to live, and I've got mine. Now, as for what I'm doing, laying on the couch, in nearly a heap, cause my back is tightly wound up, and it's tight really good.

Yes, they do. Sad to say-- I think my good friends and I are dirifting apart and headed separate ways, and that's perfectly fine-- they have their lives to live, and I've got mine. Now, as for what I'm doing, laying on the couch, in nearly a heap, cause my back is tightly wound up, and it's tight really good.

feel better, brah

Since something is always bothering you why not ask your dr about Lidoderm patches they work pretty good for different types of pain and isn't a pill to take and lasts longer.

I am thinking I am VERY EXCITED! I got a call back on the job I applied for three weeks ago! My background and education checks came back and they want to go through the final part of the interview on Wednesday! I meet with the head of the University and the department heads to go over all that fancy stuff and then I meet with the big head honcho sometime that next week and the final decision is made after that! So, I have conquered the second to the last hurdle, only one hurdle remains! BUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Since something is always bothering you why not ask your dr about Lidoderm patches they work pretty good for different types of pain and isn't a pill to take and lasts longer.

They don't make pain killers for people who complain about pimples that are "severe injuries" they have to wait for bleeding to stop on.... Just saying...

I am thinking I am VERY EXCITED! I got a call back on the job I applied for three weeks ago! My background and education checks came back and they want to go through the final part of the interview on Wednesday! I meet with the head of the University and the department heads to go over all that fancy stuff and then I meet with the big head honcho sometime that next week and the final decision is made after that! So, I have conquered the second to the last hurdle, only one hurdle remains! BUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wooo!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Nah, I'm good. I do it the old fashioned way-- tough it out.

smelling my doggies stinky farts:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back