What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I went to see a dentist for cleaning teeth & x-ray. I have no cavities. Woohoo!!! :D My husband & I went out to eat at AppleBee Restaurant and We went to Flea Market and bought miniature rabbits & eggs. Then we came home. I fold clean clothes to put away. I am relax and I am on computer.

I love Applebee's. I discovered that they have delicious tender steak there! Would never have thought they would have good steaks! My turn to go to the dentist in few weeks.

Making my food shopping list for tomorrow. Gonna stock up on Gatorade for warmer days, now that April is almost here. Might want to stock up on water, too. :hmm: I could use some, but because I ride my bicycle long distance, Gatorade is better.

Right now, I am making arrangements to go to a Deaf social tomorrow evening to work on learning ASL. It's at a mall and is for students wanting to learn.

So I got to ask, why not just act like you are in real life on this forum?

That's what I've been trying to do. For some reason, I seem to be a completely different person when on-line, and I gotta change that somehow.

That's what I've been trying to do. For some reason, I seem to be a completely different person when on-line, and I gotta change that somehow.

This is all text messages, it 's difficult to point out each person's personality. Best when you are face to face. No one ought to just judge your character here in AD. I don't know you personally to make that kind of judgment.

This is all text messages, it 's difficult to point out each person's personality. Best when you are face to face. No one ought to just judge your character here in AD. I don't know you personally to make that kind of judgment.

Yeah, I know. It's not easy being open-minded here sometimes, because I want to say something, but I gotta watch what I say, so I am in compliance with the rules here, because I have been tempted to use a few choice words, but that wouldn't have been a smart move.

Yeah, I know. It's not easy being open-minded here sometimes, because I want to say something, but I gotta watch what I say, so I am in compliance with the rules here, because I have been tempted to use a few choice words, but that wouldn't have been a smart move.

I know , the rules. That's what I been attempting to get across in some of post replies. I am not harsh, just that later a friendly inbox message from a mod might show up :lol:

I know , the rules. That's what I been attempting to get across in some of post replies. I am not harsh, just that later a friendly inbox message from a mod might show up :lol:

Yeah, which is why I gotta be civil, and watch what I type on here. Sure, some of what I'd been tempted to say previously wasn't pleasant, but I'm smart enough to keep that part well in check.

I guess its similar to how they say you act different depending on the geoup of people you are hanging oit with but overall you keep your personality.

I guess its similar to how they say you act different depending on the geoup of people you are hanging oit with but overall you keep your personality.

Yeah. Derek knows I'm really down to earth, and would be willing to help him or anyone. In fact, not long ago, he texted me looking for advice on how to better organize his bicycles, and I suggested that he create something to organize himself better, and I gave him a few pointers. I can do that for anyone here.

Yeah, which is why I gotta be civil, and watch what I type on here. Sure, some of what I'd been tempted to say previously wasn't pleasant, but I'm smart enough to keep that part well in check.

This is not fb or twitter to lash out freely:laugh2:

Just back from the store and doing laundry.

I really am happy when the weather is warm and the roads are dry and I can get out on my scooter alone. Independence is a great thing.

That is great Botti. Do you have your scooter all decked out? Loud horn, flames shooting out the back. Hey or a basket to carry one or more of your doggies???

If my knee ever starts feeling better I'm going to put a basket on my mountain bike and see if Marley likes the ride. She will more then likely shake like crazy though.

Have fun!!!!

It's so much easier to just be yourself. You try so hard to fit in that at times it overwhelms people. You can tell because people respond in a negative way to you.

Example: If someone posts that they are very ill with strep throat etc., if you feel the need to reply, just say "Oh I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon"

What seems to bother some here on AD is you reply to the above situation with....
"I know what you mean, I almost DIED from the same thing back in 1997 etc.

Mark do you see the difference? I'm just trying to help. The best way to make friends is to be your true self. You also do not need to reply to almost every single post if it has nothing to do with you. Notice your number of posts compared to others who have been here for many years. Remember it is perfectly fine to just read posts without replying.

Hope this helps a little bit.

I have tried to be honest, and the problem is that some ADers either don't understand my situation, or what I have seen or experienced. The point is that I have seen and done a lot growing up here in the city, and it frustrates me sometimes that they think I'm off my rocker-- if that was the case, I wouldn't be posting here, cause I would have gotten professional help a LONG TIME AGO, and I know that I am not-- I am stable, and not in need of anything unnecessary. I just wish members would bear it with me some days, but I have had to learn how to bear it with here, and sometimes I just wanna go back to November and wish I'd never found this site.

Well, in past, I had similar wish but AD forum is part of online community - that's different from real life and not many people care about your situation. There are some members made fun of me, especially Grummer and you have to learn to deal with them, or learn about how to response to their sarcasm. If you are upset so why don't you go see friends in real life, or therapists, or housemates - they do care about you more than online communities.

Same situation with World of Warcraft, but a lot worse than AD forum.

It's so much easier to just be yourself. You try so hard to fit in that at times it overwhelms people. You can tell because people respond in a negative way to you.

Example: If someone posts that they are very ill with strep throat etc., if you feel the need to reply, just say "Oh I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon"

What seems to bother some here on AD is you reply to the above situation with....
"I know what you mean, I almost DIED from the same thing back in 1997 etc.

Mark do you see the difference? I'm just trying to help. The best way to make friends is to be your true self. You also do not need to reply to almost every single post if it has nothing to do with you. Notice your number of posts compared to others who have been here for many years. Remember it is perfectly fine to just read posts without replying.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Actually it does. I always welcome feedback.

Thinking about my stand-up days. One must be relaxed and not think so much.

Well, in past, I had similar wish but AD forum is part of online community - that's different from real life and not many people care about your situation. There are some members made fun of me, especially Grummer and you have to learn to deal with them, or learn about how to response to their sarcasm. If you are upset so why don't you go see friends in real life, or therapists, or housemates - they do care about you more than online communities.

Same situation with World of Warcraft, but a lot worse than AD forum.

Would if I could. My true friends are currently busy, and I haven't heard from them in a while, which is to be expected, since they do work at ISD, so I can't be bothering them. As for sarcasm, I'll get used to it, but I gotta learn how to deal with it, though, and I am getting better, but still have a ways to go, though.

That is great Botti. Do you have your scooter all decked out? Loud horn, flames shooting out the back. Hey or a basket to carry one or more of your doggies???

If my knee ever starts feeling better I'm going to put a basket on my mountain bike and see if Marley likes the ride. She will more then likely shake like crazy though.

Have fun!!!!

Nothing but an orange flag my husband installed as he worries I may get run over.

And I have a basket, which I can put food in, but had to give up taking dogs out because I have a problem with grip. Last time I tried it, a high school boy caught the runaway puppy and got us back home. So dogs just play in the fenced yard for exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back