What are you doing right now? Part II

My grandparents have several grandchildren, and I am the eldest of their grandchildren. My mom had me when she was 15, and Dad was 21 at that time. My younger brother was born in 1990, on New Year's Day, no less.

At my age, I am so happy to have been born to an 18 year old mom. She is only 61 years old. Still young. Even her mom is still alive.

I heard a story about a woman that was in her 90's and had to go the hospital and she kept telling the nurses to call her mother and they thought the woman loss her mind , the woman mother was very young when she had her daughter and very much still alive . My mom was 25 yo and dad was 50 yo when they got married My dad was almost the same age as g/f grandfather.
My dad use to tell people that mom was HIS daughter and us kids where his grandkids and his son in law was dead. My poor mom tried her best not to
LOL while dad went on with one of his tall tale.

Ready to go check out used cars for my grandson....he's saved $$ by working 2 jobs (at 18)....and will start College soon as he gets a reliable car....then off for the Flea Market...gonna look for a good fish tank (small one)...as my daughter wants one. Gonna be a busy day!

Finishing up some stuff before heading out to have lunch with my church's widowed group. We get together once a month. Lunch on Saturdays during "winter" and dinner on Thursdays during "summer".

My mom was 66 years old when she died. Same age that my dad died six years earlier.

She died Nov. 18, 1992.

We never know when our time will come.

That is so true . My mom birthday was Sept. 30 and she dies on Dec 28 , 2008
She would had been 100 yo next year . She out lived her whole family . Mom favorite sister dies very young and was buried in a difference cemetery than their parents and some brothers . My mom was very upset that when she dies her sister was not going to be in the same cemetery So I did a family research to find out when mom sister was born and dies and after many phone calls and going to library I was able to find my aunt DOB and DOD and we had a stone made with her name DOB and DOD and put the stone on the ground in front my grandparent head stone . We took a photo of that and send it mom so she could see that her beloved sister name would be in the cemetery too when she dies. I was named after her sister so I felt close to her too.

Whew..... riding to the Urakianian Village here in Wicker Park is no easy task. Now I'm headed back to more familiar roots.

I was getting dog shit off my hiking boot b/c some lazy ass dog owner did not pick after their dog !!! I would love to find that SOB and dump a truck load of dog shit on their shoes !!! The shit was covers with fallen leaves and I forget it was not safe to walk on fallen leaves in the park b/c there are too lazy ass dog owners that feel they are about the law. :mad: I almost got it on my new W/W rug .

Trying to forget the liquor place I walked into an hour and a half ago-- they have some hardcore stuff there.

I was getting dog shit off my hiking boot b/c some lazy ass dog owner did not pick after their dog !!! I would love to find that SOB and dump a truck load of dog shit on their shoes !!! The shit was covers with fallen leaves and I forget it was not safe to walk on fallen leaves in the park b/c there are too lazy ass dog owners that feel they are about the law. :mad: I almost got it on my new W/W rug .
That certainly is aggravating. I have to watch out when we take our daily walk. Most people are good about cleaning up but there's always someone who doesn't. What I really hate is when their dogs poop in my yard or on my sidewalk. I have to clean it up, of course, and sometimes find it (surprise!) while I'm reaching down to weed an area. I'm not very happy about their dogs peeing on my grass either because it leaves yellow areas where the grass dies.

That certainly is aggravating. I have to watch out when we take our daily walk. Most people are good about cleaning up but there's always someone who doesn't. What I really hate is when their dogs poop in my yard or on my sidewalk. I have to clean it up, of course, and sometimes find it (surprise!) while I'm reaching down to weed an area. I'm not very happy about their dogs peeing on my grass either because it leaves yellow areas where the grass dies.

Some fool tried to pick up their dog poop with a poop bag and the fool did not open the bag and put it on their hand like a mitten . They just used the bag and that did not work so they left the poop and bag on the ground. WTF! I picked it up very carefully and threw it away , I did not want the bad to end up in the frog pond , I call it a duck pond b/c there are more ducks in it than frogs. This was a lot of shit I stepped into and I got a small spot on my new rug. CRAP ! We have quite a few people that do not pick up after their dogs b/c they can get away with it. Our ACO is a joke in my city , I never see him driving around or at any parks. I have a hard bending over with my bad balance and using a cane but I still pick my dog poop all the time.

Taking a breather. We've been moving. Our closing came Thursday with about 30 minutes notice, ironic after 6 delays over water testing (water is fine just the builder kept doing the test wrong!) the movers moved almost everything yesterday, they fit what they could. Hubby and I are making trips back to the house to grab the last of stuff. Cats cried the whole way last night. They did not like the car ride. I kept them close with me while sleeping last night to comfort them. ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1416083969.047096.jpg

Well, woke up an hour ago... had chocolate chip pancakes (and coffee of course). Now, attempting to motivate myself to clean the house... after that play around with my new Hearing aids and the gadgets with it. Maybe watch tv?

Taking a breather. We've been moving. Our closing came Thursday with about 30 minutes notice, ironic after 6 delays over water testing (water is fine just the builder kept doing the test wrong!) the movers moved almost everything yesterday, they fit what they could. Hubby and I are making trips back to the house to grab the last of stuff. Cats cried the whole way last night. They did not like the car ride. I kept them close with me while sleeping last night to comfort them. View attachment 21797

You're house looks so pretty there in the snow! So glad you are finally getting in, hope the settling in goes smoothly and the cats settle.

You're house looks so pretty there in the snow! So glad you are finally getting in, hope the settling in goes smoothly and the cats settle.

Thank you! We did get our bed put together last night and I woke up very early this morning (usual for me) and saw 4 deer, one of which was a baby, and a bunch of pheasants. This is going to be fun. Here's the backyard from our bedroom this morning. ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1416085465.734736.jpg

Vacuumed some of the yard (leaves earlier). Now catching up here at AD and other places. Then need to make my final decision as to what train to book with my friend's voucher tomorrow.

I am sitting and getting some time on the Internet here at my usual place.

Taking a breather. We've been moving. Our closing came Thursday with about 30 minutes notice, ironic after 6 delays over water testing (water is fine just the builder kept doing the test wrong!) the movers moved almost everything yesterday, they fit what they could. Hubby and I are making trips back to the house to grab the last of stuff. Cats cried the whole way last night. They did not like the car ride. I kept them close with me while sleeping last night to comfort them. View attachment 21797

Thank you! We did get our bed put together last night and I woke up very early this morning (usual for me) and saw 4 deer, one of which was a baby, and a bunch of pheasants. This is going to be fun. Here's the backyard from our bedroom this morning. View attachment 21798

That really is a nice house it looks great congrats! :)

That last pic for some reason made a poem come to mind, especially the line ... "And miles to go before I sleep"

Beautiful home!!

Back