What are you doing right now? Part II

soon getting ready for another day at work. My job is SO hard....NOT!

Yesterday, I spent two hours playing in a basketball game (staff vs. students event) so I only taught one class.

Today, will teach one class again and swim all afternoon (CLUB day).

Thinking that maybe I have it good at this job despite no ASL in the environment.

I just took care of the Queen cockroach herself, and now that she's no more, maybe things will improve. At least that's my hope. And I have requested a full extermination of my unit.

I just took care of the Queen cockroach herself, and now that she's no more, maybe things will improve. At least that's my hope. And I have requested a full extermination of my unit.
What is a Queen cockroach, and how did you identify it?

Easy, really. When you see a cockroach bigger and fatter than the others are, that would be the queen. That's the easiest way to identify it.

Easy, really. When you see a cockroach bigger and fatter than the others are, that would be the queen. That's the easiest way to identify it.
You must have a different kind of roach than our SC Palmetto Bugs.

I've never seen one of those, Reba, but my dad and his wife used to mention them in Orlando. I understand they are huge. :ugh:

Most likely. Only the queen can get as big as the one I caught this morning. The others are nowhere near as big as she was, and getting it was not easy.

:ugh: they sound dreadful. You know what? I've never seen a cockroach !

My recollection is that there are a few cockroach "farmers" in this country; they sell them mostly to chicken ranchers as they are high in protein. I think they are sold and consumed before they get big....

Okay, they just removed the big cockroach, and hopefully that'll get something done. Safe to say the maintaince person freaked out when he saw how big it was.

Also, I'm hoping to talk to management about the CO2/Fire Alarm mandate, and hopefully come to a resolution. If one can't be reached, then breaking the lease early becomes an option, per law.

Getting ready to go to lunch at the reopening of a neighborhood restaurant that had a fire and has been remodeling for months.

Hoping nobody else noticed it is back in business as it is very popular.

crown.jpg

She was wearing one of these . :giggle:

MadagascarRoach.jpg
I think I would want to burn down my damn house if I had cockroaches this big! Holy CRAP!

Last edited:
Oh boy. I think telling them nicely about the fire/CO2 alarm mandate just backfired badly. Well, I'm prepared to fight for my rights if it gets ugly, which I'm ancipating it will before long.

Oh boy. I think telling them nicely about the fire/CO2 alarm mandate just backfired badly. Well, I'm prepared to fight for my rights if it gets ugly, which I'm ancipating it will before long.

Do you mean there are no fire/CO2 alarms in the house or that they're not suited for deaf and hoh people ?

Do you mean there are no fire/CO2 alarms in the house or that they're not suited for deaf and hoh people ?

They have them, but not in the units, which is required by Illinois law. Also do not have flashing alarms, and both state and federal law says that the property management is solely responsible for paying for those, and I am not. That did not make the property manager very happy, and I just warned staff that there was a potential for things to turn ugly.

They have them, but not in the units, which is required by Illinois law. Also do not have flashing alarms, and both state and federal law says that the property management is solely responsible for paying for those, and I am not. That did not make the property manager very happy, and I just warned staff that there was a potential for things to turn ugly.

Don't let it get too ugly, you'll end up in jail. Be forceful, but polite.

MadagascarRoach.jpg
I think I would want to burn down my damn house if I had cockroaches this big! Holy CRAP![/QUOTE]

OMG...If I saw anything remotely like this in my house, I would pack my bags and leave.:giggle:

Back