What are you doing right now? Part II

Don't let it get too ugly, you'll end up in jail. Be forceful, but polite.

Already working on that.

Anyways... I am jumping for joy, as my hot water just came back on. HIP HIP HOORAY!! :P :D

Busy day....got back home and now cooking a Homemade Soup....'tis the weather for it....will freeze here tonight...got all my outside plants covered up...nice and snuggly!....

They have them, but not in the units, which is required by Illinois law. Also do not have flashing alarms, and both state and federal law says that the property management is solely responsible for paying for those, and I am not. That did not make the property manager very happy, and I just warned staff that there was a potential for things to turn ugly.

Do you have a caseworker ? If yes thy should be helping you with all this mess. If you don't have another place to move to you may needs to not be so threating. You do not want to end up not want to end up on the streets in the winter. You're living in a privately run place and it sound like they do not follow the housing code very good so they more than likely would not have second thoughts about kicking you or locking you out. I would turn the pressure down until you have a backup plane to move to.

Do you have a caseworker ? If yes thy should be helping you with all this mess. If you don't have another place to move to you may needs to not be so threating. You do not want to end up not want to end up on the streets in the winter. You're living in a privately run place and it sound like they do not follow the housing code very good so they more than likely would not have second thoughts about kicking you or locking you out. I would turn the pressure down until you have a backup plane to move to.
Yes, I do. If they want to kick/lock me out, then they got another thing coming-- I did my research, and if they do that, they would be sued for damages and possibly discrimination, and that could cost them a LOT. Don't think I don't know what to expect, because I do, and I'm prepared. I will be careful, but I also have good support, as well. And I intend to do things legally, and do it the right way.

Last edited:
Just ate dinner. Now getting ready to go to a viewing & then to a non-profit business meeting.

Two CFD trucks just went by where I'm at..... and one was a hook & ladder truck. Can't be good if they're using those around here.

Yes, I do. If they want to kick/lock me out, then they got another thing coming-- I did my research, and if they do that, they would be sued for damages and possibly discrimination, and that could cost them a LOT. Don't think I don't know what to expect, because I do, and I'm prepared. I will be careful, but I also have good support, as well. And I intend to do things legally, and do it the right way.

You made it sound like you had no where to move to while trying to find a better place to live . I read a lot of bad stuff about privately run places some are run by thugs as a front . And they do not care about lawsuits etc.

MadagascarRoach.jpg
I think I would want to burn down my damn house if I had cockroaches this big! Holy CRAP!

OMG...If I saw anything remotely like this in my house, I would pack my bags and leave.:giggle:[/QUOTE]

If you can find your bag the damn thing may had eaten it.

You made it sound like you had no where to move to while trying to find a better place to live . I read a lot of bad stuff about privately run places some are run by thugs as a front . And they do not care about lawsuits etc.

I'm not too worried about that-- yet. I'll worry about that when the time comes. For now, I'm just taking it easy, and getting my life back in order after the chaos earlier this week. Things are doing better now, and I'd like to keep it that way. As a friend once told me, 'Expect the unexpected', which makes things easier to deal with.

Okay, they just removed the big cockroach, and hopefully that'll get something done. Safe to say the maintaince person freaked out when he saw how big it was.

Also, I'm hoping to talk to management about the CO2/Fire Alarm mandate, and hopefully come to a resolution. If one can't be reached, then breaking the lease early becomes an option, per law.

You need a new living situation. There is an awful lot of drama around where you're living and how things are dealt with. Broken pipes, cockroaches, fines, etc. why did you not do more research into this place before moving there? This is starting to become almost unbelievable. Kind of starting to feel like the boy who cried wolf story.

Now I'm calming down and cooling off. I shall tackle this problem tomorrow morning, and we WILL come up with a solution somehow. I WILL come up with the necessary phone and stuff I need, and I will not let this bad deal get in my way.

Back