What are you doing right now? Part II

. Deleted. Nevermind. Pointless.

Last edited:
With AlleyCat referring to you as DD it reminded me that we have to pay attention to context. I have also seen Deafdyke referred to as DD.
Most of us are pretty smart and can figure out who people are referring to in posts. No need to point this out.
:rolleyes:

Sitting in my roomette on the 1st of 3 trains I’ll be taking to get home.

I am lounging after a fun weekend in L.A.

Thinking of my sister who passed away suddenly two years ago. Yesterday was her birthday.
Lord, how I miss her.

If you read what I posted again, you will discover that I never did say that she was in this thread. It just made me think of the need to pay attention to context because of the DD used at different times for different people.

Thank you for your concern but most people can see/tell the difference mostly by where a person posts and by previous posts in a thread.

DeafDyke tends to post mostly in threads concerning education, rights for the deaf, hearing aids, and CIs. DeafDucky aka me... tends to post.. well most everywhere else honestly though sometimes in the same threads as DD- oops DeafDyke. I'm sure 99% of the people here attend to context, writing style, referring to previous posts if need be (including avatars- probably one reason why I DO have an avvie*).

*Avvie- /n/- shortened phrase for Avatar- a small picture icon used to identify a poster/member/user.

Sitting in my roomette on the 1st of 3 trains I’ll be taking to get home.
Still sitting in this roomette. Will be arriving in Chicago in about 1-1/2 hour and will board my next train about 1-1/2 hour later.

Listening to Tom Petty.

Thank you for the great music

Still sitting in this roomette. Will be arriving in Chicago in about 1-1/2 hour and will board my next train about 1-1/2 hour later.
When you have a wait between trains, what do you do to entertain yourself?

When you have a wait between trains, what do you do to entertain yourself?
This being a “short” layover, I just walked around the beautiful Great Hall and checked out a few other places in the station. Then hung out with my friends.
On longer layovers in Chicago, usually mornings, I’ve gone to Lou Mitchell’s for breakfast. I’ve done the “Sears” Tower also.

Do you ever go for a walk within the train while it is moving? Maybe get something to eat in a dinning car or such. Or if there is a dome car go there for a better look at the scenery?

This being a “short” layover, I just walked around the beautiful Great Hall and checked out a few other places in the station. Then hung out with my friends.
On longer layovers in Chicago, usually mornings, I’ve gone to Lou Mitchell’s for breakfast. I’ve done the “Sears” Tower also.

The one and only time I was in Chicago, I was taking the train from PA to TX for a friend's wedding (in the middle of freaking July of all times...). The first half of the trip stopped in Chicago... had a I think half day layover and we (my aunt and I) did the "Sears" Tower tour thing too lol. We had a roomette as <cough>aunt was an employee<cough> Ah the perks sometimes. The second leg no such luck! Suffered in the coach seats.

I also took the train from PA to CO when I moved for a job...that was fun... with at least 3 big suitcases/duffle bags and a backpack...

I can't remember which trip though had the dome car- THAT was cool to head up there to sit for a while.

Do you ever go for a walk within the train while it is moving? Maybe get something to eat in a dinning car or such. Or if there is a dome car go there for a better look at the scenery?
Do you take everything literally?

The one and only time I was in Chicago, I was taking the train from PA to TX for a friend's wedding (in the middle of freaking July of all times...). The first half of the trip stopped in Chicago... had a I think half day layover and we (my aunt and I) did the "Sears" Tower tour thing too lol. We had a roomette as <cough>aunt was an employee<cough> Ah the perks sometimes. The second leg no such luck! Suffered in the coach seats.

I also took the train from PA to CO when I moved for a job...that was fun... with at least 3 big suitcases/duffle bags and a backpack...

I can't remember which trip though had the dome car- THAT was cool to head up there to sit for a while.
Amtrak only has one dome car now and it’s usually in the northeast this time of the year for leaf peeping.
The double decker (superliners) have observation/sightseer lounges/cafe cars - these are not dome cars.

LoveBlue, I got the feeling you put quite a few pennies on the tracks to flatten them. :)

Back