What are you doing right now? Part II

"What do you mean where are they? Been gone for a while or?"

Who, the insects or myself? I'd like to know that as well. Lol
It's just a personal observation. I went on long road trips recently, and no bug spatters on the windshield. Very odd in my opinion. Plus, when I turn on the porch light, I see only a few bugs flying around it instead of near-swarms. Not a single lightning bug this summer. Just a few butterflies though I have bounties of flowers. Almost all my tomatoes and veggies are still intact and thriving. Etcetera. I just hope something is not amiss.

Well, that explains why you don't have bugs. Duh. ;)

My mom taught me not to kill the spiders because the keep the other bugs away (or eat them).

Yeppers. I have sort of a spider phobia and have to force myself to capture one in my bare hands to release them outside. I LOVE the jumping spiders and I have one in the house I call Blackie. A month ago I got I bit by a brown recluse on my thigh, and the poison they have is RIDICULOUS, because there is a crater at the bite site. All spiders have my hat off, though.
I wonder if AlleyCat wants more info. ;)

Yeppers. I have sort of a spider phobia and have to force myself to capture one in my bare hands to release them outside. I LOVE the jumping spiders and I have one in the house I call Blackie. A month ago I got I bit by a brown recluse on my thigh, and the poison they have is RIDICULOUS, because there is a crater at the bite site. All spiders have my hat off, though.
I wonder if AlleyCat wants more info. ;)
I use a paper cup and a thin piece of cardboard, or stiff piece of paper, to capture spiders and other bugs. Put the cup over them, slide the paper under the cup then take them outside and release.

I use a paper cup and a thin piece of cardboard, or stiff piece of paper, to capture spiders and other bugs. Put the cup over them, slide the paper under the cup then take them outside and release.
Whew. I was hoping you don't then bring the cup to your lips...

Not right now, but a couple of hours ago I took a picture of the SJC train station from the plane as we were descending to SJC airport. I know more than one way to San Jose. :p

Watching funny videos. I needed a laugh today. Anybody watch AFV?

Yes, and liked Bob Saget when he was a host back in the day. Kids and animals are funny in a creative ways. :)

Thinking I need to really step up. I was at a friend's yesterday when he complained of "heartburn." I didn't like the look in his eyes, so I drove him to the ER, despite his protests. He was dumbfounded to learn he was having a heart attack. Fortunately they were able to insert a stent someplace in his heart, and he is feeling much better now. They are keeping him in the hospital for at least five days, and he has a working wife and two pre-teens, and to make a long story short, I will take over their house at five pm tomorrow, till she arrives home at eight, you know, to keep an eye on the kids after school. Not much more to say than that, other that I will bring my Ipad (they got WiFi). I guess I can be Mr. Mom for a few days.

Thinking I need to really step up. I was at a friend's yesterday when he complained of "heartburn." I didn't like the look in his eyes, so I drove him to the ER, despite his protests. He was dumbfounded to learn he was having a heart attack. Fortunately they were able to insert a stent someplace in his heart, and he is feeling much better now. They are keeping him in the hospital for at least five days, and he has a working wife and two pre-teens, and to make a long story short, I will take over their house at five pm tomorrow, till she arrives home at eight, you know, to keep an eye on the kids after school. Not much more to say than that, other that I will bring my Ipad (they got WiFi). I guess I can be Mr. Mom for a few days.
Good for you. You're a good friend to do that.

Wow, scary. Glad you were there to help.

Thank you for taking action. You are a real blessing to that family. :hug:

Resisting watching planes, land & take off, from my hotel room. Need to get to bed.

Back