What are you doing right now? Part II

Make sure that your new place meets all your requirements. (Cooking privileges, pest control, WiFi, house rules, etc.) Use a check list.

I fully intend to do so. I hope that when I visit them next week, the place will be an ideal one. And staff and I have been in discussion about this, and they say they're pleased that I'm taking charge in getting out of that dump I'm in, which is extra motivation to want to get out sooner.

just about ready to leave work and hit up a grocery store for a few more things.

I just downloaded the free CBS app. Cannot believe I didn't think of that when I moved here. I have got a LOT of catching up to do. Geez.

Helping a fellow train person figure out if any of the fast food places in Washington Union Station will still be open when he arrives (by train) around 9 pm and has a layover while they swap engines on his train. His preferred place will be open till 10. And there's at least one place open 24/7.

Baking a caramel apple cake to take to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

My husband already made French baguettes.

Just relaxing at home and having coffee. It will be just my husband and I for Thanksgiving dinner today which is a first. we rented several movies so I am looking forward to cuddling up to him after eating to watch the movies or football games. His favorite team is playing against the Cowgirls so that should be a good game!

Just relaxing at home and having coffee. It will be just my husband and I for Thanksgiving dinner today which is a first. we rented several movies so I am looking forward to cuddling up to him after eating to watch the movies or football games. His favorite team is playing against the Cowgirls so that should be a good game!

I am missing your son and don't remember you saying where he went.

Baking a pumpkin pie and getting ready to start a green bean casserole. My CH cat had 3 seizures this morning so I've been caring for her all morning. I've been up since 5 am.

Awake way too early, only slept four hours so far. Hoping to doze back off soon and get another two hours in before all the cooking starts.

Relaxing before going out to meet my sisters for dinner at a restaurant.

Just had a hot cup of tea, then going to set the dining room table. I decided to use my moms china which I have not used in 12+ years. Only problem is that it all has to be hand washed. I'm feeling like super mom this year. HAHA

Waiting for the next Metra train.... in 65 minutes. Not too fond of Sunday/holiday schedules.

Just back from KMart where we made an early start on kids Christmas with a big sale they had on board games.

Also got a pair of slipper socks made to look like basketballs for my obsession with NCAA Basketball.

Bought a box of Russell Stover candy to take to Thanksgiving, and now baking chocolate chip cookies for the same.

Kids are going to love me before they fall into sugar comas! :P

Table is set, peeled and mashed ten pounds of potatoes which took forever. Next, sweet baby carrots, green bean casserole and broccoli. Taking a breather and icing my knees and back before I head back for another round in the kitchen. I'm beginning to understand why I don't like to host Thanksgiving, too much work.

Also need to bathe Marley so she looks pretty for our guests.

I am missing your son and don't remember you saying where he went.

He went to Philly with his grandparents for the week. Roommate and her kids went to Florida with my brother and his wife. :)

I am catching a breather after standing on State Street for 3+ hours. After that, I'm going to finish what I started an hour ago, and get that done.

Back