What are some of the disadvantages of being deaf?

Is it possible that one transfers to Alldeaf.com various comments from one's work environment?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Getting back on topic.....Having to read a movie instead of just sitting back and enjoying. Probably why I watch sports so much.....no commentary needed for that

Solution: Become an otaku. Watch subbed anime 24/7. My hearing friends used to hate subtitles until they got into anime. Now it's weird for them if a TV show doesn't have captionings.

Being an avid fan of foreign films also break the abhor of subtitles and captions.

Getting back on topic.....Having to read a movie instead of just sitting back and enjoying. Probably why I watch sports so much.....no commentary needed for that

Solution: Become an otaku. Watch subbed anime 24/7. My hearing friends used to hate subtitles until they got into anime. Now it's weird for them if a TV show doesn't have captionings.

Being an avid fan of foreign films also break the abhor of subtitles and captions.

I see you and raise you these: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_uZPm1INGs&feature=related]YouTube - ‪GoPro HD: Kevin Windham Practice - St. Louis Monster Energy Supercross 2011‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvs6kpg8eu8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Helmet cam Josh Grant usagp motocross track GLEN HELEN 2010‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p12EDNyAl0]YouTube - ‪ricky carmichael vs james stewart‬‏[/ame]

These guys don't need to hear anything while racing. No headsets, just words written on the billboards they see on the way... every lap. no commentaries (or even subtitles), just pure riding and racing.

--------

Check out Ashley Fiolek (Deaf motocross racer and arguably the #1 women racer in the world) while you're at it: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_UarCpHV0M]YouTube - ‪Girl rides Pro MX - Ashley Fiolek‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

I don't mind the captions most of the time. Sometimes the eyes are tired though......or the vertigo is up. Not the end of the world of course.

I don't mind the captions most of the time. Sometimes the eyes are tired though......or the vertigo is up. Not the end of the world of course.

Check out the Motocross/Supercross videos! Probably the only Motorsport that doesn't get me bored by watching unlike Nascar/Auto racing/Street bike racing.

Even hearing people ignore the commentaries! Why listen to someone talking when you should be watching the racers race! :D

Not only that. If some of the members, including some of the new ones that may be going through a bit of a rough patch in their lives come along and say something that she wants or needs to hear, she'll reward them with a "Good boy, good boy, here's a cookie..." and try to encourage them to continue having such thoughts.

And thank you , Daddy.:)

Agreed. If one ventures away from one's comfortable position of only watching that which is produced in English, one has been reading subtitles for some time.

Be careful. Someone already got a thread removed today.:cool2:

:cool2: Knew that hours ago...so I guess you need to be careful!...and nice!...so much easier for everybody to get along that way...insulting members isn't "nice"....so be careful! :cool2:

:cool2: Knew that hours ago...so I guess you need to be careful!...and nice!...so much easier for everybody to get along that way...insulting members isn't "nice"....so be careful! :cool2:

No, insulting members is not nice. Why are you insisting on doing it?

Now back on topic: negative aspects of deafness.

No, insulting members is not nice. Why are you insisting on doing it?

Now back on topic: negative aspects of deafness.

Sometimes it takes "insulting the "insulter"....to get some results!...Glad you agree!...."insulting members is not nice!"

Hoping you will be a "lot nicer" to people here at AD!...If not, then I guess it's back to "insulting the "insulter"...(YOU)! :cool2: :wave:

Not being able to hear your baby crying at night when you're asleep! This happen to be and my baby was sleeping right next to bed!! A friend heard my baby and fed her . I really dislike being HOH!! The older I get the more I hate being HOH !!

Back