What are some of the disadvantages of being deaf?

Not being able to hear your baby crying at night when you're asleep! This happen to be and my baby was sleeping right next to bed!! A friend heard my baby and fed her . I really dislike being HOH!! The older I get the more I hate being HOH !!

That would be scary. Did you end up getting one of those flashing lights baby monitor things?

I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage, but when we got Casey, I couldn't hear him whine in the middle of the night when he needed to go outside to go potty. So my poor husband got stuck with the 2:00 a.m. walks.

Guess it was an advantage for me, disadvantage for him.

That would be scary. Did you end up getting one of those flashing lights baby monitor things?

I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage, but when we got Casey, I couldn't hear him whine in the middle of the night when he needed to go outside to go potty. So my poor husband got stuck with the 2:00 a.m. walks.

Guess it was an advantage for me, disadvantage for him.

I am not sure if where flashing lights baby monitor 36 years ago if there where I did know about them. I raise my daughter alone but I living a house and my friend was staying there for awhile . I felt horrible not being able to hear my baby cry!

I am not sure if where flashing lights baby monitor 36 years ago if there where I did know about them. I raise my daughter alone but I living a house and my friend was staying there for awhile . I felt horrible not being able to hear my baby cry!

Your kid fine now?

At least you're being honest about your hardship.

Hence my #15 post. So don't tell me (or anybody who already know) that I am (or they are) "pretend of something."

Also, I already know how to deal with some disadvantages in my hardship. On the another hand, there is nothing I can stop oppression (or Audism)... I well aware the reality. Thank you very much. But you should realize this world is not Hearing World. So I am not so damn contagious fuck or I can't be fit in my home planet that some shits claim. A whole hearing superiority bullshit made me feel sick. Well, I still won't be accepted by society if I am not hearing enough. I'm sure people of minorities have similar experiences, too!

You can make yourself more hearing person enough that you can fit in society. All and anything you want to be, then let be so. It is all right. You must be lucky if they do accept you. But, as for others, no-- it is not matter, anyway.

Now you could ask yourself by think of "How will you solve a problem with disadvantages of being deaf" and you could do something about yours. For the change... But it is up to you. All after, it is your personal decision.

I had the same problem with my children only it was a lot more recent. I was just unaware that there were options available. I at least had my hubby and my mother living with us. Kids are 16 & 17 now.

I had the same problem with my children only it was a lot more recent. I was just unaware that there were options available. I at least had my hubby and my mother living with us. Kids are 16 & 17 now.

I wish I knew about hearing dogs when I was pregnant , I would had gotten one before my baby was born!

Not being able to hear your baby crying at night when you're asleep! This happen to be and my baby was sleeping right next to bed!! A friend heard my baby and fed her . I really dislike being HOH!! The older I get the more I hate being HOH !!
You brought up an interesting point. Sometime it's also a question of sometime your priority changes when you get older. When I was younger I was going through an "immature but growing up" phase whereas I was going to bars, shooting pool with a bunch of guys and being interested in girls. However, it's when you get older that you sometime feel, as constructively put, your hearing loss becomes a bit more challenging.

As my user name would say: put verbs in your sentences. How does one deal with the fact of "hearing loss or deafness"-now?. Glib relabelling is hardly effective in real life.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Back