Water high of lead content in Flint, Michigan

Ok, that's one. What about all the others? they stayed.

There were many factories closed in 1950s, not all of them are listed.

I CLEARLY pointed that auto factories in Detroit STARTED closed in 1950s, I means BEGINNING.

OMG, you are extremely difficult to deal and my post already clearly mention about start.

There were many factories closed in 1950s, not all of them are listed.

I CLEARLY pointed that auto factories in Detroit STARTED closed in 1950s, I means BEGINNING.

OMG, you are extremely difficult to deal and my post already clearly mention about start.

The decline started in 1961.

During the 50's .. Detroit was booming.

It fell into the abyss under Coleman Young. Any historian will flat out tell you this.

There are currently 78,000 abandoned buildings in Detroit.

You listed one company that went bankrupt in 1958 in Detroit, and are arguing that it was that year that Detroit began its decline into an abysmal crime ridden and essentially abandoned city.

There are a lot of companies that went bankrupt in 1958. I am sure we could compile a list of the cities that these companies went bankrupt in, but none of those cities will have 78,000 abandoned buildings.

So one company going bankrupt in 1958 is quite a weak explanation as to how Detroit ended up with 78,000 abandoned buildings.

What group was in charge of the city from 1961 up until the abandonment of 78,000 buildings? What drove people away?

Yet they stayed. Why did they leave? That was the question.

You claimed they left the city and that was what broke it. So ... why did they leave?

they didn't leave in the 50's.

Georgia has a KIA plant. Toyota is in Kentucky, Texas, Mississippi .. and I think Alabama even has a Honda automobile plant too.

Looks promising in the South now. blossoming even.
a lot businesses closed due to the fact they couldnt compete with their rivals or lack of popularity/interests by consumers. Packard was unable to compete with ford and chevy I believe so they closed shop. Also some other businesses were bought out and /or merged with other companies so they were closed / relocated. Lots of Variables during the times , most were still recovering from the great depression and other factors.

a lot businesses closed due to the fact they couldnt compete with their rivals or lack of popularity/interests by consumers. Packard was unable to compete with ford and chevy I believe so they closed shop. Also some other businesses were bought out and /or merged with other companies so they were closed / relocated. Lots of Variables during the times , most were still recovering from the great depression and other factors.

I was reading an article (admittedly, I skimmed through it and should read it thoroughly) which stated one of the major contributing factors was crippling over regulation. This made it even harder for small businesses to get established, and many just gave up and moved as a result.

Now, THAT is something I can understand. I recall a major gun manufacturer recently making a move as a result of a change in the law in the State they had their business established in. A lot of States wanted them to move to their State and a bidding war took place as to make it more "friendly" for them to operate in their State.

There are just some policies and regulations that kill businesses, and from what I was reading, this was true in Detroit.

I was reading an article (admittedly, I skimmed through it and should read it thoroughly) which stated one of the major contributing factors was crippling over regulation. This made it even harder for small businesses to get established, and many just gave up and moved as a result.

Now, THAT is something I can understand. I recall a major gun manufacturer recently making a move as a result of a change in the law in the State they had their business established in. A lot of States wanted them to move to their State and a bidding war took place as to make it more "friendly" for them to operate in their State.

There are just some policies and regulations that kill businesses, and from what I was reading, this was true in Detroit.
I belive the EPA was fault in Detroit, as they were trying to clean up the air and put tons of regulations on the auto industries all over the world.

I belive the EPA was fault in Detroit, as they were trying to clean up the air and put tons of regulations on the auto industries all over the world.

Many Americans demanded clean air that lead to passage of EPA, also some states like California has CARB before EPA passed.

The auto regulation is primarily CAFE that passed after 1970s oil embargo to increase the MPG, but many automakers followed CARB standard over CAFE standard because CARB standard is one of most strict.

1970s oil embargo was worst disaster for Michigan, especially in Flint and Detroit.

http://www.abc12.com/flintwaterworries

2 MDEQ workers suspended without pay

Posted: Fri 6:16 PM, Jan 22, 2016

"Two workers at the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality have been suspended without pay. We are told the workers had direct regulatory control over Flint

FLINT (WJRT) - (01/22/16) - Two workers at the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality have been suspended without pay.

We are told the workers had direct regulatory control over Flint's drinking water.

The workers are expected to face termination hearings in the next two weeks as the investigation into the department continues."

There are a few stories on this link about Flint water crisis

This is another article I read:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/dont-kid-yourself-uaw-destroyed-detroit

albeit an opinion article, I do think it gives personal insight as the author was there during the decline of Detroit.

and then, there is this:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/dont-kid-yourself-uaw-destroyed-detroit

There is great article to read.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/08/17/us/detroit-decline.html

There is no more blame on democrat and republican.

I think this is a better article - it refuses to whitewash anything and tells it like it is:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/d...d-unions-have-done-to-detroit/article/2533313

read carefully . . .

As a result, Detroit exemplifies what happens when one political party — and it doesn't matter if it's the Democrats or the Republicans — keeps an iron grip on political power for decade after decade.

I worked for City of St. Louis Water Department on Main lays, taps and meters... and if you ever seen the inside of water lines you will never drink water again ( hint why I drink pepsi ) lol
And believe me, it is nasty !

I worked for City of St. Louis Water Department on Main lays, taps and meters... and if you ever seen the inside of water lines you will never drink water again ( hint why I drink pepsi ) lol
And believe me, it is nasty !

I have same feeling about DC and Birmingham.

I got sick from tap water in DC (due to lead pipe) so I drink bottled waters, also use for cooking too.

I have same feeling about DC and Birmingham.

I got sick from tap water in DC (due to lead pipe) so I drink bottled waters, also use for cooking too.
sadly people think bottled water comes from natural springs...lol nope, straight from the tap and there is several bottling places here in st louis, and its a factory, not spring fed either...lmao

spring fed nope, filtered tap yes.

sadly people think bottled water comes from natural springs...lol nope, straight from the tap and there is several bottling places here in st louis, and its a factory, not spring fed either...lmao

spring fed nope, filtered tap yes.

It looks like they don't read label about water source or companies possibly mislabel to customers.

I drink Deer Park in AL and DC - for AL, the water source is from Florida and for DC, the water source is from PA. They tastes bit different - I like Florida better.

Dasani and Aquafina are from filtered municipal water. :ugh:

It looks like they don't read label about water source or companies possibly mislabel to customers.

I drink Deer Park in AL and DC - for AL, the water source is from Florida and for DC, the water source is from PA. They tastes bit different - I like Florida better.

Dasani and Aquafina are from filtered municipal water. :ugh:
yep, my wife and family prefer Ice Mountain...
I prefer well water in the country....lol

Back