Water high of lead content in Flint, Michigan

I am wondering of the government will step in and purchase the area from homeowners as had happened in the past.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app
I doubt it, check out North St Louis' landfill, they have a Radioactive waste fire ( Manhattan Project ) that was burried and the landfill on top, its leaking and a fire started, smoldering. Rain and underground water is carrying the radioactive steam and smoke into the air, washing into the missouri and mississippi rivers, they covered it but cant contain it... yet the gov wont buy them out although they are at high risk.... and get this, IDIOTs are buying the abandonded homes and moving in, then complaining about the hazardous wastes...wow, stupid is stupid does, because they know about it and still buy the homes in the immediate areas.

Just a start
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/missouri-ag-seeks-action-on-radioactive-landfill-in-bridgeton/article_b7d6c6d1-b8dd-5d27-
a041-11693823c979.html

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/radioactive-waste-detected-closer-bridgeton-landfill-fire

Would one of those culprits be the mayor of Flint?

oh please say yes!!

Flint is under emergency management so emergency manager is responsible to controlling the city budget.

Flint could file for bankruptcy to throw emergency manager out like Detroit did, but Detroit Public School is under emergency manager.

The economy in Michigan has hit hard after many automotive factories left so that's not political for state case.

Flint is under emergency management so emergency manager is responsible to controlling the city budget.

Flint could file for bankruptcy to throw emergency manager out like Detroit did, but Detroit Public School is under emergency manager.

The economy in Michigan has hit hard after many automotive factories left so that's not political for state case.

well, from what I am reading, there is a lot of finger pointing by those who made the decisions:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/22/flint-walling/79161632/

sounds familiar eh? That whole phrase "let's be clear" sounds awfully familiar too.

Ok, why is it that when we are being crystal clear, it is a taboo subject and we are not allowed to discuss it?

well, from what I am reading, there is a lot of finger pointing by those who made the decisions:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/22/flint-walling/79161632/

sounds familiar eh? That whole phrase "let's be clear" sounds awfully familiar too.

Ok, why is it that when we are being crystal clear, it is a taboo subject and we are not allowed to discuss it?

When emergency manager takeover, the mayor has no power to control the situation, also state had to involved to make decision.

Michigan governor admitted that he is responsible for Flint water crisis.

yes, I know all about the shifting of blame on to the Governor (he did not personally make any of the decisions, such as the mayor of Flint) and I also know he is the only one adult enough to have admitted his share of the responsibility.

Who else has stood up and admitted responsibility? They can't all be gutless cowards?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I know all about the shifting of blame on to the Governor (he did not personally make any of the decisions, such as the mayor of Flint) and I also know he is the only one adult enough to have admitted his share of the responsibility.

Who else has stood up and admitted responsibility? They can't all be gutless cowards?

Flint is broken city and they don't have much choice when they let emergency manager to handle the situation - it become state's responsibility instead of city. There is no future for Flint or Detroit after they lost auto factories.

State of Alabama takeover of Birmingham City School because they are broken system so city ceded to state to take care.

It is difficult to maintain the city with low tax base.

Flint is broken city and they don't have much choice when they let emergency manager to handle the situation - it become state's responsibility instead of city. There is no future for Flint or Detroit after they lost auto factories.

State of Alabama takeover of Birmingham City School because they are broken system so city ceded to state to take care.

It is difficult to maintain the city with low tax base.

Ok, who "broke" the city?

Who was in control of all the decisions being made, what group?

Attachments

• 12540717_10154030004516807_5518397273425709007_n.jpg
    12540717_10154030004516807_5518397273425709007_n.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 9
you could have just answered the question you know - I mean, I am not fooled by the attempt to blame the Governor for a decision the mayor of Flint made.

Gee, I wish I had a job where I was in a position of authority, and could make horrible decisions and be immune from my own actions. Must be great. Just pass the blame on to the other party.

See #103.

Flint didn't have much choice so they ceded to state because Flint is broken city with little tax base.

LA, SF, NYC, DC, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Charlotte, Boston, Denver, San Diego, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Kansas City and other cities are doing well with high tax base to fund the city, but Flint, Detroit, Gary and Birmingham are broken city with little tax base.

It has nothing with political, it is depends on city management's skill.

Ok, who "broke" the city?

Who was in control of all the decisions being made, what group?

The businesses, especially factories who made decision to left Flint and Detroit so they got less tax base.

The businesses, especially factories who made decision to left Flint and Detroit so they got less tax base.

So, businesses left because they could make better profit elsewhere?

Why would they leave? What legislation was passed in Flint (Detroit) that made the owners of these businesses decide to leave?

gee, the finger pointing is strong

FGfingerexercise.gif

So, businesses left because they could make better profit elsewhere?

Why would they leave? What legislation was passed in Flint (Detroit) that made the owners of these businesses decide to leave?

gee, the finger pointing is strong

FGfingerexercise.gif

There is no law changes in Flint nor Detroit but businesses found way to make labor cheaper or build the new factories so they left.

There is no law changes in Flint nor Detroit but businesses found way to make labor cheaper or build the new factories so they left.

I see ... so the legislators in Detroit were probably happy to see them go then?

I heard a story about this guy who became a billionaire owning a hotel in NYC, can't recall the name off-hand ... I bet he would probably make better decisions in regards to businesses. I don't know though, he seems like kind of a jerk. He probably would not have left Detroit in ruins though.

I see ... so the legislators in Detroit were probably happy to see them go then?

I heard a story about this guy who became a billionaire owning a hotel in NYC, can't recall the name off-hand ... I bet he would probably make better decisions in regards to businesses.

No, they aren't happy when businesses left and that's affect city tax base.

Detroit lost over 1 million population since 1950s and the decline of factories started in 1950s.

no, they aren't happy when businesses left and that's affect city tax base.

Detroit lost over 1 million population since 1950s and the decline of factories started in 1950s.

Detroit's Model Cities Program during the 60's cost the government hundreds of millions with very little to show in return. It promoted dependence on government instead of self reliance and entrepreneurship

For even more information, look up Coleman Young, and how he attempted to bully Detroit's institutions with subsidies.

that is why they left.

Detroit's Model Cities Program during the 60's cost the government hundreds of millions with very little to show in return. It promoted dependence on government instead of self reliance and entrepreneurship

The decline of factories started in 1950s and they were hit by 1953 and 1958 recession.

The decline of factories started in 1950s and they were hit by 1953 and 1958 recession.

Yet they stayed. Why did they leave? That was the question.

You claimed they left the city and that was what broke it. So ... why did they leave?

they didn't leave in the 50's.

Georgia has a KIA plant. Toyota is in Kentucky, Texas, Mississippi .. and I think Alabama even has a Honda automobile plant too.

Looks promising in the South now. blossoming even.

Yet they stayed. Why did they leave? That was the question.

You claimed they left the city and that was what broke it. So ... why did they leave?

Many of them want to build new factories to replace the aging factories for better production flows - some of them moved to new factories in suburb and some left to oversea, some went bankrupted.

Detroit depends on automotive businesses to survive like pretty much of Michigan.

Back