Water high of lead content in Flint, Michigan

I would not say 56% its a big enough majority to say race is a deciding factor.

That's correct, in comparison, Detroit is 80% black and I consider Detroit as black city, but many white people come to Detroit for various special events. Flint is different because they are half white and half black. I'm predicting that Flint is likely to be abandoned as more people move to the west and the south, including many black people left Midwestern and Northeastern states to southern states.

Last edited by a moderator:
. . .
That's correct, in comparison, Detroit is 80% black and I consider Detroit as black city, but many white people come to Detroit for various special events. Flint is different because they are half white and half black. I'm predicting that Flint is likely to be abandoned as more people move to the west and the south, including many black people left Midwestern and Northeastern states to southern states.
People are, and have been, fleeing Michigan because they've lost their industrial employers. Detroit, Flint, Lansing and other communities depended heavily on the automotive industry. When that failed, their economies failed.

TCS and his family are from Lansing and other parts of MI. We've seen what happened there, and is continuing to happen.

On the other end, in our current home of SC, we have seen people from MI and OH moving here for jobs in industry. It's not a black-white thing; it's the economy.

It's the economy, not race.

If the economy was strong in Flint the city would not have needed to switch water sources to save money. It's a poor city with a dwindling tax base.

Finally the news is talking about people dealing with this in their homes. There is no CC on this, not sure why there was on TV.
Wow, it will take at least 10 years to replace the pipes! I don't know what the people will do in the meantime. Move out?

Wow, it will take at least 10 years to replace the pipes! I don't know what the people will do in the meantime. Move out?

If they still have mortgages to pay off that really hurts even more . :(
who is going to want to buy the houses now ?? It sure look like it people will have to move out they can't keep using bottled water to wash their kids for that long.

who is going to want to buy the houses now ?? It sure look like it people will have to move out they can't keep using bottled water to wash their kids for that long.

I am wondering of the government will step in and purchase the area from homeowners as had happened in the past.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

What about non-profit organizations to help to fund the pipe replacement?

That why class action lawsuit matters.

I am wondering of the government will step in and purchase the area from homeowners as had happened in the past.

I hope that will happen , this is so tragic so many kids are sick from drinking and bathing in this toxic water . :(

I hope that will happen , this is so tragic so many kids are sick from drinking and bathing in this toxic water . :(

The more I read the more I doubt it.... Everyone does seem to be trying to sweep this under the rug.... They may end up having to sue the government... again.... Would not be a first.... Sad really

I would like to get back on topic about the lead for a moment . If people were watering their lawns and gardens with this toxic water how long would the lead stay in the ground ? Would it be safe to grow food in the soil once the all the pipes were fix? And wearing clothes washed in this water is that safe to put on small kids that likes to put everything into their mouths. I am wondering just how wide spread the lead contamination
is and if the city is or state are trying to find this out.

I would like to get back on topic about the lead for a moment . If people were watering their lawns and gardens with this toxic water how long would the lead stay in the ground ? Would it be safe to grow food in the soil once the all the pipes were fix? And wearing clothes washed in this water is that safe to put on small kids that likes to put everything into their mouths. I am wondering just how wide spread the lead contamination
is and if the city is or state are trying to find this out.
:hmm: A lot of possible ramifications from this disaster, that's for sure.

WDYS, those are some good questions for sure! I hadn't thought about the lawn watering...and then what about other things like washing one's car?
how does it affect the garden hoses and other machiney? Granted not as significant as human and other animal life but a question...

WDYS, those are some good questions for sure! I hadn't thought about the lawn watering...and then what about other things like washing one's car?
how does it affect the garden hoses and other machiney? Granted not as significant as human and other animal life but a question...

and the washing machines hoses they'll have lead in them too. People could be tracking lead back into the house if there is lead on the lawn and soil . No one said anything people pets , they have lead poison too.
:(

Maybe she should move there and be an activist...

But from attempting to google to find answers... It seems that only the tap water is affected- so drinking, using for cooking and bathing would be the biggest things to worry about (especially for small children). Washing clothes won't leach lead near as I can tell. I can't find any info on hoses/watering lawns. At this point I'd be more worried about the tap water. Dirt does have a low level of lead in it anyway and is normal.

some more links--

http://www.gebcflint.org/pdf/water&lead1.pdf

The Mom who started the ball rolling-
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/01/mother-exposed-flint-lead-contamination-water-crisis

History of the crisis (I'm sure it will be continuously updated...)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis

Googling has also popped up hits on how to help with the water crisis if you are not a Michigander and want to help. That's the best thing to do rather than wondering on a forum. I'd do it but right now am so broke it isn't funny....

Last edited:
hey :ty: for the links, DeafDucky
I used to get MotherJones magazine and really liked thte publication.

Been few documentaries about this obviously not shown in States standard of your water is awful some people responsible also make money from bottled water industry.David Carter could run with this story definatly X file

A lot of people are going to be on Chelation Treatment....
I know all about Lead contamination and poisoning from working years in Lead Abatement. Some bad stuff water, soil, reproduction just to name a few. Now various laws with EPA and OSHA are going to step in and rip the culprits a new one... Cradle to Grave !

Would one of those culprits be the mayor of Flint?

oh please say yes!!

Back