Water high of lead content in Flint, Michigan

yep, my wife and family prefer Ice Mountain...
I prefer well water in the country....lol

Aw... interesting... Deer Park and Ice Mountain are under same company - Nestle.

If you go to Florida, popular spring water is Zephyrhills.

I remember about drink well water from my aunt's house and it was okay, but well water in Alabama is soft, but in west coast, they are hard water. In here, if you live in country with main road (US Route) so you can get municipal water that come from aquifer (big well).

yep, my wife and family prefer Ice Mountain...
I prefer well water in the country....lol
Well water here is undrinkable--it has strong sulfur and fluoride content. We get our water from Lake Moultrie, which has an excellent rating. The only time it was bad was right after Hurricane Hugo. At that time we got our water from the Edisto River. There was so much debris from the fallen pine trees that the water smelled and tasted like Pinesol. It wasn't dangerous, just unpleasant for a few weeks.

Well water here is undrinkable--it has strong sulfur and fluoride content. We get our water from Lake Moultrie, which has an excellent rating. The only time it was bad was right after Hurricane Hugo. At that time we got our water from the Edisto River. There was so much debris from the fallen pine trees that the water smelled and tasted like Pinesol. It wasn't dangerous, just unpleasant for a few weeks.

Yes, I remember about you told us.

It looks like I need to take water quality in consideration for relocation, along with public transportation, electricity quality, cable TV quality, broadband quality, low crime and diverse businesses. It looks like Portland and Seattle are best suitable for me, but big problem is no affordable housing and terrible cable company (Comcast) - but seriously, I take Comcast over Directv so I can use Tivo DVR.

If I'm not deafblind so it will be totally different situation.

Natural water (well, lakes...ect..) tastes great, you get all the minerals and more... but factors play a role if its good or not like pesticides from farmland run offs and more. Here in certain areas of missouri and where Im looking to buy, if you can have wells, sometimes get lucky and hit an underground natural spring and the water is excellent !

even in the city theres underground natural springs, thats why the busch brewery is where its at, it sits on a cave, natural spring water ( and the family even had a natural spring fed pool in the cave they swam in... but also because of the caves constant temps, the beer was stored there also.

Ive explored a few caves in missouri along the rivers on canoe trips, theres one under water that you can access if water is low, it has breatheable air inside and big, but have to dive under to get in.

I belive the EPA was fault in Detroit, as they were trying to clean up the air and put tons of regulations on the auto industries all over the world.

Ok, I just read through a lengthy article explaining why they left.

It wasn't the Federal EPA regulations, since those had to be followed even when they relocated. Many moved South due to the political climate of Detroit. The factories in the South have to follow EPA regulations - so it wasn't those regulations that caused them to re-locate.

The reasons they left were due to lower tax rates, cheaper labor, lack of labor unions, and the right to work States in the South. In other words, they were being strangled in Detroit by the progressive political climate.

The same thing is happening to the gun industry. Remington is relocating from New York to Alabama and Beretta is moving from Maryland to Tennessee.

So ... anyways ... I think understanding how Detroit ended up the way it did is very important in regards to understanding what happened in Flint.

Natural water (well, lakes...ect..) tastes great, you get all the minerals and more... but factors play a role if its good or not like pesticides from farmland run offs and more. Here in certain areas of missouri and where Im looking to buy, if you can have wells, sometimes get lucky and hit an underground natural spring and the water is excellent !

even in the city theres underground natural springs, thats why the busch brewery is where its at, it sits on a cave, natural spring water ( and the family even had a natural spring fed pool in the cave they swam in... but also because of the caves constant temps, the beer was stored there also.

Ive explored a few caves in missouri along the rivers on canoe trips, theres one under water that you can access if water is low, it has breatheable air inside and big, but have to dive under to get in.
There are no rocks in our ground, so the water isn't filtered for wells. The natural sulfur stinks like rotten eggs. The natural fluoride can mottle the teeth of children.

In my home state of Connecticut we can get fresh spring water that flows right out of the rocks. Much better.

Our municipal water is from Coosa River and aquifer, depending on district, in our district, it is from Coosa River, but we used to get water from Trussville that is from Cahaba River. I can't tell difference about Coosa River and Cahaba River.

Cahaba River is water source for Birmingham metro.

I doubt it, check out North St Louis' landfill, they have a Radioactive waste fire ( Manhattan Project ) that was burried and the landfill on top, its leaking and a fire started, smoldering. Rain and underground water is carrying the radioactive steam and smoke into the air, washing into the missouri and mississippi rivers, they covered it but cant contain it... yet the gov wont buy them out although they are at high risk.... and get this, IDIOTs are buying the abandonded homes and moving in, then complaining about the hazardous wastes...wow, stupid is stupid does, because they know about it and still buy the homes in the immediate areas.

Just a start
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/missouri-ag-seeks-action-on-radioactive-landfill-in-bridgeton/article_b7d6c6d1-b8dd-5d27-
a041-11693823c979.html

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/radioactive-waste-detected-closer-bridgeton-landfill-fire

True there are a lot of examples going both ways ... but there is not much profit in assisting Flint while there is much to lose if it is not "quietly managed".

I live in Southern Illinois and when I was growing up back in the 1950's an uncle and aunt used to come down to visit from Peoria. They went to bringing their water with them simply because of the difference in taste. They had no problems from ours; the just didn't like the taste compared to what they were used to and my uncle was originally from here.

I need to look up some dates etc. before writing details about water where I live.

I live in Southern Illinois and when I was growing up back in the 1950's an uncle and aunt used to come down to visit from Peoria. They went to bringing their water with them simply because of the difference in taste. They had no problems from ours; the just didn't like the taste compared to what they were used to and my uncle was originally from here.

I need to look up some dates etc. before writing details about water where I live.

I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Florida and when my family moved to Georgia, we would often travel back to where I grew up to visit "framily".

I had to grow accustomed to the taste of water in Georgia, then when we visited Florida, I could absolutely NOT stand the taste of the water I had grown up drinking.

sadly people think bottled water comes from natural springs...lol nope, straight from the tap and there is several bottling places here in st louis, and its a factory, not spring fed either...lmao

spring fed nope, filtered tap yes.

Yeah I know my bottled water doesn't come from a beautiful natural spring , I buy it b/c my city water is so horrible ! I had posted my dog hate it too. I know people who refuse to give their pets the city water.
It really piss the hell out of me that I have to pay city water and bottled water too. It goes really fast at grocery store. Our water bills use to have health warning on saying it "has a high sodium level ' .
When cities try to save money the outcome is not good . This happen with the landfill in my city but this is another story .

Yeah I know my bottled water doesn't come from a beautiful natural spring , I buy it b/c my city water is so horrible ! I had posted my dog hate it too. I know people who refuse to give their pets the city water.
It really piss the hell out of me that I have to pay city water and bottled water too. It goes really fast at grocery store. Our water bills use to have health warning on saying it "has a high sodium level ' .
When cities try to save money the outcome is not good . This happen with the landfill in my city but this is another story .

You could have file the complaint with EPA about bad water, but if water in your city meet minimum requirement so there isn't much for you do unless you ask lawmakers to tighten the minimum requirement.

I know DC has bad water taste but they met minimum requirement.

It really piss the hell out of me that I have to pay city water and bottled water too. It goes really fast at grocery store.

Get a water purifier or water filter maybe??

in the refrigerator?

Sometimes tap water tasted better.
yes there are pitchers that include a filter that you can put in the refrigerator.

Put tap water in the pitcher, stick lid (with purifier/filter attached) and every time you pour a glass it will get filtered.

https://www.brita.com/water-pitchers/

Oooh colors. I have an older one I got at Walgreens about 3-4 years ago. Plain white one.

Attachments

• flint.jpg
    flint.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6
Back