WalMart is crazy!..

Wha... United States? :roll: ~ Rolled my eyes up!

I work at Walmart.. and Cashiers are required to ID everyone here in minnesota who looks younger than 27.. but however we do check on middleage people too.

If our store sells cig to underage.. it will lead the company a huge fine and termation to the employee who sells cig to customers.

You are mad over an ID? o....k..... If they ask just take it out and show it. Thats all you gotta do. You dont got to be crazy over a piece of plastic.

Hi all,

It happens like that in Northern Ireland, it would cause a HUGE rioting! :P

By the way, i can understand the fuss with being asked for ID. There's a couple of things that would annoys smokers:

1) Time wasting - It takes you the time to pull out your ID or fetching ID from your car etc.

2) What if you don't have it with you even when you look like 50 years old man? ;)

Maybe one day, when buying a condom, you might be asked for ID too! ;)

Yep Wal-Mart is crazy because Wal-Mart doesn't want to lose any of its stores to fines or to shut down because of minors purchasing tobacco, alcohol, or firearm. Wal-Mart is crazy about it and is requiring all its employees whether he or she is a cashier or not to take a lesson in checking id for people who look younger than 27.

Not only Wal-Mart but Brooks, CVS, Stop and Shop, Shop and Save whatever y our stores are.. They do ask you for ID etc.. it goes by the law ! it sucks I know but Better than nothing.. and also saves people's alive too..

Glad they do that now, Wish they done that years ago!!

Wendy

Defee said:
NO, NO!! all clerks are required to check everybody's IDs!! Thats what this clerk told me, they all are required to do that..i was really holding up a line bytching at him, lol! the other people heard us, some had surprised looks on their faces and one guy left the line!!

You are correct! I believe it is law in most, if not, all states now to card people. Now, why they would card an obvious adult, I don't know...Perhaps, the person looked young? I'm in my mid thirties, and actually LOOK to be about 17 yr old, so I would probably be carded. However, I don't smoke, so no worries there! On a side note though, I WAS carded once when I ordered alcohol at a restaurant. And, the kicker? I was with my parents at the time! LOL But some of the laws this country has, and, the ways in which they are enforced is quite strange, I must admit! :dunno:

What can I do about it? They do check their identification card for DVD, Vhs, Music cd/cassestte, alcohols, and ciggerates.

At my work, I am required to ask them for ID if they are looking like under 30 years old but those people I know and I do not bother to ask them over and over if I see them constantly. So They wont feel so annoy by me. Also past a couple of months ago, I had a new service team leader (manager) she wants all cashiers to sign the agreement that we will check everyone if they look like under 40 years old. I read it and I refused to sign it because that was her idea. I prefer my work's own policy not hers but I take my own risk.

It's law to ask their ID because too many young people are buying an alcohol, music cd, dvd/vhs movies, cigs and etc... If we dont do that and we will have to pay the fines, end up in the jail and termination (your job).. So I know it is really suck. Nobody like that but it is their job to check our id. Whether you like it or not.

At walmart, when I purchased a Ghost Ship -- it has a R-rated. They asked me for ID but it is for 17 years old or over. I had to go to my car to get my ID out of my purse. I thought that was stupid when they asked me for id.

My daughter and I went to the party store to buy an alcohol and snacks. A register said you don't even look like 21 years old or older. I showed him my id and he said you don't even look like older and you look like 18 years old. My daughter said she is not 18 yrs old and she is my mom. He thought that we were sister.

When I was 13 years old for first time I bought a pack of ciggerate. Later today, they are required their ID.

I remember buying my own cigarettes when I was 17 years old. :eek:

eternity said:
What can I do about it? They do check their identification card for DVD, Vhs, Music cd/cassestte, alcohols, and ciggerates.

At my work, I am required to ask them for ID if they are looking like under 30 years old but those people I know and I do not bother to ask them over and over if I see them constantly. So They wont feel so annoy by me. Also past a couple of months ago, I had a new service team leader (manager) she wants all cashiers to sign the agreement that we will check everyone if they look like under 40 years old. I read it and I refused to sign it because that was her idea. I prefer my work's own policy not hers but I take my own risk.

It's law to ask their ID because too many young people are buying an alcohol, music cd, dvd/vhs movies, cigs and etc... If we dont do that and we will have to pay the fines, end up in the jail and termination (your job).. So I know it is really suck. Nobody like that but it is their job to check our id. Whether you like it or not.

At walmart, when I purchased a Ghost Ship -- it has a R-rated. They asked me for ID but it is for 17 years old or over. I had to go to my car to get my ID out of my purse. I thought that was stupid when they asked me for id.

My daughter and I went to the party store to buy an alcohol and snacks. A register said you don't even look like 21 years old or older. I showed him my id and he said you don't even look like older and you look like 18 years old. My daughter said she is not 18 yrs old and she is my mom. He thought that we were sister.

When I was 13 years old for first time I bought a pack of ciggerate. Later today, they are required their ID.
Eternity,
Is that included Target and also rest other stores too ? (United States)
Pretty interest'n.. We'll plann'n going to states on July but don't know which the day of date yet.

Rollback on worker rights

I used to publish a weekly e-magazine called deaf Workers of Orange County. We have done some pieces on superstores like walmart. Walmart is an extremely conservative company who's beliefs is that human beings be compensated just minimally for self functionality. They dont care about workers families or their own rights. They run tv ads creating a false auora of compassion to their workers. But if you take a close look at their ads, you can see the fear in their employees faces. They're performing with some type of a psychological howtizer pointed at them. Any of their employees who tries to get involved in labor organizaions are immediately fired and banned from their premises. This happened to one of my prized associates who's named 'Jack'. Jack was a deaf labor leader who was able to infiltrate an Orange County walmart as one of their employees he then tried to unionize it and then he got busted and fired along with 14 other employees who joined him. Jack got the lifetime achievement award for it.

Walmarts set the leading example of rollback on worker rights!

NO WALMARTS IN MY BACKYARD PLEASE!

Richard

HHAHAHA all of u are so funny but true .... When i came in and stand in the line at wal mart and saw pimpdaddyposse was doing his job at ciggy lanes and cashier.... then when i confront him and ask for ciggy .. and he did get it and ask me for ID and i said WTF You know who i am ... He said what i can do ??? it's job ... i look funny and say finnneee lol otherwise he is doing great job ...

then i come up next few days to wal mart know what work for me without having them ask me for id ???? I pull out my ciggy pack and show them what i want ... and they did get it and scan it and prices it and i pay for it then left !!! that's best key is to show them my ciggy pack brand what i want ... then they know i am old enuff to be fart to buy these stuffs lol ...

last year i did shave my hair off and went to liqour and they asked me for id and i was laugh so hard to death .... as that person should know who i am ... then i show her my id card and she was drop her jaw and look at me ohhh i didn't reconize u at first hey charles !! and she finally admit that she always thought that i am somewhere in between 21 to 24 but shave hair off look way off down somewhere in 16 to 20... but now she found out that i am way over 30's ... I think it is so cool to know when i shave my hair off ..

knightwolf68 said:
HHAHAHA all of u are so funny but true .... When i came in and stand in the line at wal mart and saw pimpdaddyposse was doing his job at ciggy lanes and cashier.... then when i confront him and ask for ciggy .. and he did get it and ask me for ID and i said WTF You know who i am ... He said what i can do ??? it's job ... i look funny and say finnneee lol otherwise he is doing great job ...

then i come up next few days to wal mart know what work for me without having them ask me for id ???? I pull out my ciggy pack and show them what i want ... and they did get it and scan it and prices it and i pay for it then left !!! that's best key is to show them my ciggy pack brand what i want ... then they know i am old enuff to be fart to buy these stuffs lol ...

last year i did shave my hair off and went to liqour and they asked me for id and i was laugh so hard to death .... as that person should know who i am ... then i show her my id card and she was drop her jaw and look at me ohhh i didn't reconize u at first hey charles !! and she finally admit that she always thought that i am somewhere in between 21 to 24 but shave hair off look way off down somewhere in 16 to 20... but now she found out that i am way over 30's ... I think it is so cool to know when i shave my hair off ..
Yeah, whether you're a friend or not... they still gotta check ID. Shit happens! :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
Yeah, whether you're a friend or not... they still gotta check ID. Shit happens! :dunno:

Well that means his friend is gettin a merit increase for good job! :mrgreen:

tekkmortal said:
Yep! I've done the same thing when I was working at Blockbuster. I had this customer come in to rent movies. It was kids on the account and the parents said that kids couldn't rent R-rated movies. This kid wanted to rent a R-rated movie and he was only 17 years old. I told him that I couldn't check it out to him. I called the account holder to confirm at the kid's request and the mother confirmed all information on the account. The mother then asked for the credit card number and I told her that I couldn't give that information out on the phone. She came in the next day thanking me for my patience and surprised I was actually that strict. She also thanked me for calling her as well. She later changed the account settings so that her kids could rent R-rated movies. :thumb:

tekkmortal said:
You're looking at him... for cigarette, I'm required to ask people for ID for their apperance depending and if I know the person too well then I wont... otherwise sorry... as for customer writing a checks, every checks I am required to check Customer's ID. one customer tried to get away with it and I refuse to sell him until that person finally show me his ID... oh well it's a law like I said before...

Bowak said:
I bought my first cigs at 14 years olds and I'm pushing 30 now ,So I think its high time the store that sells cigs ask id at any age. They're just playing it safe and the store owner can be fined I think at 25 grand Canadian dollars and maybe 5 thou Canadian dollars to a customer. Its alotta money and the store owner wants to be careful on that. (anyone can correct if i made mistake on prices for being fined)

Don't worry Defee :) i think its kinda silly for walmart to check EVERYONE. I think they should ask id when they feel the customer are young.

I guess everyone's opinion are different.

:werd: I agree with u right there Bowak, I think it is silly to Card just about Everyone because honestly it can offended a person who doesn't carry a DL When they are Riding in a car with someone, That would make them have to leave the store if they do not have a ID No Cigs. I find that Stupid to card someone who looks above 18.

In South D. I was at a Store called Drug Food Market and they carded me for Cigs and I Said I do not have my ID With me and She would say "Sorry no Id No Cigs" I'm Like you are Kidding me! So instead of agrue with her I just Left and do not go there anymore.

forgot to make an additional statement... when I was senior in high school... before I went to the prom with my double date (not serious, just for fun) 3 of us went to Lonestar Steak house restaurant and I ordered 2 alcohol and never ask for my ID... I was 19 at the time and at the end of the meal I asked the waiter for his supervisor and I told him that his waiter could be fired if I were an undercover cuz I ordered alcohol being underage and I told him that I could and report it on that waiter and the supervisor let me go with free dinner.. :naughty:

Back