WalMart is crazy!..

M

Mistyrose

For the last few days, i have been hearing rumors about Walmart has been asking everybody for their ID when purchasing cigarettes, I know this guy who is 57 years old and he told us that when he went to buy cigarettes, they asked him for his ID, he was like WTF? my ID?? this old man here?? yep, gotta see your id regardless of your age!..So yesterday, i decided to see that for myself, i had to go Walmart to pick up a few items after work so i asked my hubby if he needs some cigarettes, he said yeah get me 3 of them..so went up to this certain checkout where they sell cigs, i told the clerk i want 3 Marlboros Lights, in soft packs..said sure thing and after he checked off my items and before he rang up the cigs, he ASKED me for my ID!! I was :-o , so stunned and i said hey, do i look 16,18 years old? he looked at me and impassively said..well, honey no but i gotta ask for your id! I said "thanks a lot and forget them cigs and i will buy them somewhere else!" Unreal!!!! Does your area Walmart do that?????...that is so absurd,so stupid..what is wrong with Walmart??? geeeezzzzz!!

illustrator said:
maybe that clerk is in mood to nosy their ID?
NO, NO!! all clerks are required to check everybody's IDs!! Thats what this clerk told me, they all are required to do that..i was really holding up a line bytching at him, lol! the other people heard us, some had surprised looks on their faces and one guy left the line!!

Banjo said:
Must you take offense to being asked for ID?
Maybe i didnt make myself clear, i said i have been hearing stuff about clerks asking everybody for their ids regardless of their age so i decided to check for myself, it is true..im way over 21 years old and have a grown son so come on, why do i need to show my id?? this guy i was talking about is 57 years old and he has white hair and all and the clerk did ask him for his ID! he said he wasnt sure if he heard right so he asked again, yes they want to see his ID...

Banjo said:
It may be a new policy then.
Thats what we thought, but WHY? It doesnt make any sense at all if they asked an 80 year old grandpa for his id before he could purchase cigs or cigars or lighters? Its the silliest thing i have ever heard!!

Defee said:
Thats what we thought, but WHY? It doesnt make any sense at all if they asked an 80 year old grandpa for his id before he could purchase cigs or cigars or lighters? Its the silliest thing i have ever heard!!

maybe that clerk is look for long-lost dad before Father's Day? :lol:

Maybe alot of people dress up and put on fake make-up to look old? They got in trouble for that, and now they're asking everyone for I.D?

You should be flattered, maybe they think you look underage rather than OLD?! :sure:

Pretty Woman said:
Maybe alot of people dress up and put on fake make-up to look old? They got in trouble for that, and now they're asking everyone for I.D?

You should be flattered, maybe they think you look underage rather than OLD?! :sure:
well no....this friend of mine is old looking with white hair and all has been asked for ID..i may not look my age but still...i dont look like a kid either.

*interesting*.. In Canada Wal-mart don't selling the ciggy on the racks of clerk.. Doesn't believe it.. Preferable locate where you can buy ciggy at the Variety store that is it.

Pretty interesting about Wal-mart in UNITED State can do that selling the ciggy..
Probably, their policy has to change and to avoid the press charged from police which who sold to under the age.. Decide to check their ID. (IMO)

Bring a picket sign to Wal-Mart if you feel it's silly and outrageous.

Banjo said:
Bring a picket sign to Wal-Mart if you feel it's silly and outrageous.
Oh you dont think its ridiculous??..whatever.....Im not wasting my time picketing Walmart..normally my hubby goes buy his cigs at the Indian shop where they are cheaper but i was just curious about that ID thing for older folks so i dont care if we dont ever buy cigs there again..they can just shove it up you know where! LOL!

Defee said:
Oh you dont think its ridiculous??..whatever.....Im not wasting my time picketing Walmart..normally my hubby goes buy his cigs at the Indian shop where they are cheaper but i was just curious about that ID thing for older folks so i dont care if we dont ever buy cigs there again..they can just shove it up you know where! LOL!

Ridiculous or not, I'm not going to lose sleep over this. :)

Banjo said:
Ridiculous or not, I'm not going to lose sleep over this. :)
Me neither cuz i dont smoke so they can keep their fawking cigs...im not losing any sleep over it either...it is just unreal to me is all..there are lots of other places where people could buy cigs, heh!

Defee said:
Me neither cuz i dont smoke so they can keep their fawking cigs...im not losing any sleep over it either...it is just unreal to me is all..there are lots of other places where people could buy cigs, heh!

You're getting awful heated for something you wont lose sleep over. :)

pinkster said:
You're getting awful heated for something you wont lose sleep over. :)
No hun, im not heated at all or even angry, it is just incredulous that it is really happening is all...

Ok Ok im sorry i brought this up..sorry to bother you all with this...just thought you would like to hear about this..........mea cupla!! botchi mi coola!!
lol!

Back