WalMart is crazy!..

wow!! 258! my mom go walmart and bought cigr and never ask her for ID werid!!! :sure:

Looks like many companies are going EXTREME now on checking IDs for ciggies or alcohol.

Walmart may have had previous problems in the past for selling cigs to underaged folks and created a havoc so perhaps they tightened up their policies, making NO exception for anyone whether they look like theyre 40, 60 or 90.

Defee dude to an outragous buying of ciggies for underage kids thier now putting a stop to it, but the law says if we look under 30 we're gonna be id, to buy the cigs you have to be 18 Well i got asked at walfart at here in hawaii, and i didn't complain just showed it to them they said ok thanks, I respected the law despite how old the poeple are, even my dad was all grey white hair and beard he got asked for ID and he felt flattered too, its all abt taking it in stride, its abt cutting down underage smokers, and i do respect that even tho its extreme. and mostly they buy zig zag rolling papers and everyone knows what they use it for, So thier cutting that down now too. and NOW walfart says we must go to a certain aisle to get our cigs no more buying at varies of lines, this is to cut down on the minors trying to get ciggies. thats all..... i know its incredlous to be going thru this, but hey look at it the other way its flattering, no thier not being nosy thier just following policy.

javapride said:
Defee dude to an outragous buying of ciggies for underage kids thier now putting a stop to it, but the law says if we look under 30 we're gonna be id, to buy the cigs you have to be 18 Well i got asked at walfart at here in hawaii, and i didn't complain just showed it to them they said ok thanks, I respected the law despite how old the poeple are, even my dad was all grey white hair and beard he got asked for ID and he felt flattered too, its all abt taking it in stride, its abt cutting down underage smokers, and i do respect that even tho its extreme. and mostly they buy zig zag rolling papers and everyone knows what they use it for, So thier cutting that down now too. and NOW walfart says we must go to a certain aisle to get our cigs no more buying at varies of lines, this is to cut down on the minors trying to get ciggies. thats all..... i know its incredlous to be going thru this, but hey look at it the other way its flattering, no thier not being nosy thier just following policy.
but they think u are lil butch that why u look like abt 18 yrs old... :giggle:

pinkster said:
You're getting awful heated for something you wont lose sleep over. :)
Oh yeah, i recall that YOU got heated when you were not able to ride the buses due to bus strikes...tsk tsk tsk!

So me no care i rather them ID me and not get screwed :) pffht tweety LOL i may look 18 but at least i know i can be goofy too LOL!

javapride said:
Yeah i figured maybe something drastic happened. A few times here in my town, the undercover cops would get young people under 21 as decoys to see if the liquor stores or grocery stores sell them beer/liquor without asking for their id, some liquor stores got busted for doing that..in fact, they closed down one quick shop for selling beer to minors after the third time they got caught and closed down the store! So maybe thats the case with Walmart selling cigs to minors..dunno.

Umm, why don't you make it easier on the clerk, customers, and yourself by just showing your ID? It just puzzles me on how people would whine and fuss if things are not perfect or just do not go their ways.

Which waste more energy.... showing ID or throw a tatrum?

Well it takes more time and energy looking into your purse and all for ID but we could burn more energy just giving the clerks hard time..LOL! just kiddinnngg!!

One thing I remebered when I worked at Target..
Now they got a new computer system up and running, if the clerk scans a code that is a ciggie, a lighter, etc, and the computer will pop up a screen and ask for ID and they have to punch in the birthdate and the computer automaticly see if u are underage or above the age limit..
it sucks, but its a good idea..
I think Walmart is doing a good job by asking IDS by all ages, even the liquor stores in Minnesota..

its a Federal law now that anyone who looks under age 35 gets carded -- even i get carded on occasions at this particular store with this one older clerk who always ask me for ID and shes seen me there at the store several times! :roll:

another store i go to for cigs never card me anymore cuz im pretty much a regular there and the staff ppl who works there knows what brand i smoke too :lol:

getting carded IS an annoyance to me and i find it ridiculous too especially for those ppl who definately looks older than 18 and im longggggg past 18 now

I bought my first cigs at 14 years olds and I'm pushing 30 now ,So I think its high time the store that sells cigs ask id at any age. They're just playing it safe and the store owner can be fined I think at 25 grand Canadian dollars and maybe 5 thou Canadian dollars to a customer. Its alotta money and the store owner wants to be careful on that. (anyone can correct if i made mistake on prices for being fined)

Don't worry Defee :) i think its kinda silly for walmart to check EVERYONE. I think they should ask id when they feel the customer are young.

I guess everyone's opinion are different.

Last edited:
now new law have to ask for ID if u look younger than 30 :roll: blah.. good thing I have ID for that stupid idea to get drink if I need to buy something from store.. :roll:

also I never shop at walmart's cuz something about walmart makes me :barf: for some reason

A policy is a policy, it's nothing to get upset about. For all we know, it could be some 20 year guy with makeup on! They made the Jackass crew look like a bunch of 70-year-olds!

I'm a cashier at Walmart and the policy followed by FDA say that we cashiers have to ID all people under 27... Some young people look older, some older people look younger so we have to ID ppl... don't ask me why... It's a law...

under 27 eh?

hey I have afew cousins who are over 27 and they still have some "baby faces" and are small too and still looks and acts like teenagers...so I guess they proably would still be asked for their ID until they reach about age 50 lol

Back