WalMart is crazy!..

It's so simple and you shouldn't take offense to any of it. If you don't have a driver license, you can get a special card as a way to prove your ID. You can get it from a government-ran office, maybe even where you get your driver license.

All it take is to show them a card, and ta-da, you get the cancer sticks.

I believe in the policy, regardless of how old you look, you must show your ID. The same goes for alcoholic beverages.

Even if you're 114. If we want to prove that we don't sell to minors, we got to give everybody the same treatment.

Yeah, Banjo, and that includes Mother Teresa! LOL!

I grew my beard before, I have gray and white beard at the chin area, they can try to yank my beard to see if it is fake? if they do, they will have serious problems with me! :crazy:

javapride said:
Defee dude to an outragous buying of ciggies for underage kids thier now putting a stop to it, but the law says if we look under 30 we're gonna be id, to buy the cigs you have to be 18 Well i got asked at walfart at here in hawaii, and i didn't complain just showed it to them they said ok thanks, I respected the law despite how old the poeple are, even my dad was all grey white hair and beard he got asked for ID and he felt flattered too, its all abt taking it in stride, its abt cutting down underage smokers, and i do respect that even tho its extreme. and mostly they buy zig zag rolling papers and everyone knows what they use it for, So thier cutting that down now too. and NOW walfart says we must go to a certain aisle to get our cigs no more buying at varies of lines, this is to cut down on the minors trying to get ciggies. thats all..... i know its incredlous to be going thru this, but hey look at it the other way its flattering, no thier not being nosy thier just following policy.

"Walfart"??? :fart:

Bullym0m said:
Is that included Target and also rest other stores too ?

Target doesn't sell any Cigarettes and this doesn't apply to all the stores, just some of them.....

I find nothing wrong with a store asking for ID to buy cigarettes even though we may be old enough to do so, If someone asked me I would feel flatter since they think I am too young instead of feeling too old here heh!

btw Banjo, Cigarettes are not the only ones that gives you cancer! :bump:

javapride said:
Defee dude to an outragous buying of ciggies for underage kids thier now putting a stop to it, but the law says if we look under 30 we're gonna be id,

I don't believe it had to do with the ' Law ' since it does not apply to ALL stores only a few stores that has a new policy.....but All stores do asked for ID if the customer does look younger than the age require by each states....

VamPyroX said:
I've been carded for buying permanent markers before. This was only for a local store as well as the same stores in the area due to an issue of high school students using permanent marker as an inhaliant. They would buy markers and get high on them. The schools in the area found out so they worked with the stores (that most kids bought the permanent markers from) and the police to have this enforced for a while. I bought a permanent marker for work and while I was in line, they asked me for my ID. I'm like, 'WTF!?" I asked why and they explained all of this to me. Eek!
Yeah thats crazy i know but so many kids get high on spray paints, markers and glue so they have to be careful who they sell it to..even the over the counter allergy pills! I wanted to buy Actifed cuz it works good for me but i had to get it from the Pharmacist! I understand why cuz a lot of people buy these products to make meth so they had to put them inside the pharmacy.
Its a sad fact in this country, everything they sell, they will have to ask for ID's and all....oh well, thats life these days!!

Katzie said:
Interesting topic... Know what I really think it is? Terrorism. Terrorism effects everything and people get extremely paranoid so they check for IDs for security reason.

Hey, Defee how are ya girly? Maybe it's a good time to get your husband to quit smoking! :mrgreen:
HI Katziegirly! Im doing fine as usual...Well, when i saw the news on TV about them raising prices and taxes on cigs, i said to my hubby "good time to quit huh?" he goes, i gotta go to the doctor to help me to quit...oh well.

Defee said:
Yeah thats crazy i know but so many kids get high on spray paints, markers and glue so they have to be careful who they sell it to..even the over the counter allergy pills! I wanted to buy Actifed cuz it works good for me but i had to get it from the Pharmacist! I understand why cuz a lot of people buy these products to make meth so they had to put them inside the pharmacy.
Its a sad fact in this country, everything they sell, they will have to ask for ID's and all....oh well, thats life these days!!

Yeah -- my ex step daughter chromed (sniffing spray paint in plastic bags some years ago and I bet she's still doing it today, but she'll deny it. She smokes weed and drinks grog. Not my problem. It's her mother's problem, ha! :twisted:

WaterRats13 said:
Yeah -- my ex step daughter chromed (sniffing spray paint in plastic bags some years ago and I bet she's still doing it today, but she'll deny it. She smokes weed and drinks grog. Not my problem. It's her mother's problem, ha! :twisted:
Aww thats sad that your ex step daughter is doing that crap!..paint sniffin is very dangerous! Umm..what is grog?..never heard that one before...im guessing its alcohol, right? Well, maybe its her mother's problem, but she cant make her quit, the daughter has to decide that for herself if she wants to quit, then she can get help at rehabs. Theres nothing that her mother can do to make her quit unless she is underage. If she is over 18 or so, then she can do nothing if the daughter refuses to get help..its sad.

Defee said:
Aww thats sad that your ex step daughter is doing that crap!..paint sniffin is very dangerous! Umm..what is grog?..never heard that one before...im guessing its alcohol, right? Well, maybe its her mother's problem, but she cant make her quit, the daughter has to decide that for herself if she wants to quit, then she can get help at rehabs. Theres nothing that her mother can do to make her quit unless she is underage. If she is over 18 or so, then she can do nothing if the daughter refuses to get help..its sad.

Yeah -- GROG is just a slang word for alcohol based drinks. ;)
ex step daughter's only 14. She got drunk behind my back at my house last year -- took advantage of my deafness. :madfawk: I don't trust her anymore.

Katzie said:
Know what I really think it is? Terrorism. Terrorism effects everything and people get extremely paranoid so they check for IDs for security reason.
I don't think the threat of terrorism is behind checking IDs for tobacco and alcohol but I know it is the reason suppliers now check IDs of people buying large amounts of fertilizer (as used in the Oklahoma City bombing).

Nesmuth said:
But if you take a close look at their ads, you can see the fear in their employees faces . . . Jack was a deaf labor leader who was able to infiltrate an Orange County walmart as one of their employees he then tried to unionize it and then he got busted and fired along with 14 other employees who joined him.
NO WALMARTS IN MY BACKYARD PLEASE!

"But if you take a close look at their ads, you can see the fear in their employees faces. " You are kidding, right? If not, then you have a problem.

If Jack infiltrated (your word) a store with his only plan to stir up the employees, then he should have been fired. If unionizing a store is so wonderful, why does it require infiltration and undercover tactics to organize?

So, you don't want any Walmarts near you, huh? Maybe other residents in your area would like to shop at a convenient, well-stocked, competitively priced store (Walmart, Target, whatever) near them, and also have the opportunity to get a job. I know several Deaf employees of Walmarts. Do you want to take away their jobs?

Banjo said:
All it take is to show them a card, and ta-da, you get the cancer sticks.

it is about being Card not about Cancer beside Everything Gives you Cancer.

Cheri said:
it is about being Card not about Cancer beside Everything Gives you Cancer.

I'll call them cancer sticks if I want to.

Last edited:
"Cancer sticks" and "coffin nails" are common nicknames for cigarettes.

Most state DMVs offer picture ID cards that look like drivers' licenses, for non-drivers.

2 years 3 months Not smoking, and My husband still smokes so that makes me a 2nd hand smoker :(

Wendy

I don't think it is ALL Store that does card ID.. It goes by the state...

Many states want to have less problems with alcholics with driving..

Many stores, Bars, Resturants wants to have less problems with smoking in their places.. Most of non-smoker can smell cigs from across the room etc.. It's not worth it!

Now Most states do ask for ID which I am grateful and knowing my children will be asked for ID if they try to buy one before they turn 18!

I will be glad if Allover place ask for ID..
Even though it make me feel like I am a child! But it does make me feel good at same time they are doing their job by saving their life as well!
Wendy

WBHarley said:
I don't think it is ALL Store that does card ID.. It goes by the state...

Many states want to have less problems with alcholics with driving..

Many stores, Bars, Resturants wants to have less problems with smoking in their places.. Most of non-smoker can smell cigs from across the room etc.. It's not worth it!

Now Most states do ask for ID which I am grateful and knowing my children will be asked for ID if they try to buy one before they turn 18!

I will be glad if Allover place ask for ID..
Even though it make me feel like I am a child! But it does make me feel good at same time they are doing their job by saving their life as well!
Wendy
Oh sure, i understand! Im glad that they are asking all young people for their IDs..it will probably save their lives if they dont smoke and drink, but alas, they can still get cigs and alcohol thru other ways, like from older friends, underground people etc...its still gonna be a problem in our society. I read in the paper now that meth production is down cuz they are not able to get Psuedo in allergy and cold pills when they got them off the counters so that is encouraging!

WBHarley said:
2 years 3 months Not smoking, and My husband still smokes so that makes me a 2nd hand smoker :(

Wendy

Still, I give you thumbs up for having the courage to quit!

Back