WalMart is crazy!..

Steel said:
under 27 eh?

hey I have afew cousins who are over 27 and they still have some "baby faces" and are small too and still looks and acts like teenagers...so I guess they proably would still be asked for their ID until they reach about age 50 lol
:werd: Many people say that when I shave, I look like I'm very young too!

Defee said:
Oh yeah, i recall that YOU got heated when you were not able to ride the buses due to bus strikes...tsk tsk tsk!

Thats cause I was stranded! I had no transportation! What would happen if I lost my job? Or dropped out of college? Thats totally different. I get heated about things that affect my life. If getting ID'ed is the the hardest thing to worry about, then you must have a fairly nice life.

In mass..

Anybody who LOOKS LIKE under 26 years old are required to be ID in either Booze/Ciggies..

It's no fun when I get asked rarely but Most of time I do not mind to give them my ID.. One place they asked for my ID I said to this lady *you got to be kidding for a cig ? why didn't they do this long long time ago ? they should have done it more than 20 years ago!" she shrugs at me and I just gave her my Miss attitude with my ID and she gave back to me then I take off.. that was 3 years ago and I AM DAMN PROUD that I have NOT smoke cigs for 2 years 3 mos 4 days :)

Wendy

I don't see what everyone is worried about. If you're over 21, you should not be worried. If you're over 21, you can drink... you can smoke. No problem!

When I was at Thanks God It is Friday restruant. The waitress asked me for my ID. I was glared at her when I was order a glass of wine.

Ugh ?? Why would they want to seeing my ID? Do I look like under 21 yrs old ?? :giggle:

I went to bar at the bowl. The old lady asked for my ID before purchase beer. She looked at my ID. "My gosh! I don't believe that you would be much older than you seem"

Sabrina said:
When I was at Thanks God It is Friday restruant. The waitress asked me for my ID. I was glared at her when I was order a glass of wine.

Ugh ?? Why would they want to seeing my ID? Do I look like under 21 yrs old ?? :giggle:
It's like I said, there are a lot of people out there trying to cheat others with fake IDs or make-up. Years ago, a friend of mine had a cousin who was only 15 years old. When I first met him, I thought he was 25. He was big and tall. He had a face that would make you think that he was my friend's uncle. My friend was 5 years older and is already shorter than his cousin! Secondly, the government is making it a law. This partially helps restaurants avoid lawsuits. Suppose you were actually under 21 and they didn't check your ID because you looked older? Now, you get druink and get in an accident. Your parents could sue TGIF because they served alcohol. Instead of everyone complaining, they can simply have their ID ready when they're ordering alcohol. Cooperation is important everywhere! :thumb:

Recently in our local news, I watched on TV that we are required to show our ID for beers, no matter what if we looks older or have lots of grey hairs.. I am surprised to hear that.. I dont know why because i didn't stay to watch more futher. I should have to look up in my local about beers.. Intersting!

In a way, this is good. Why? There are people who are young, but think they look old and wish that others see them as younger. Suppose they go to buy beer and aren't asked for ID, they could take it offensively... "What do you think? I'm old enough to be your mom? Jeez!" What if there are people who are young but wish they looked older. Well, that might make them feel good... because someone thinks they're too young. ;)

Thanks everybody for your input on this ID thing..some of you could be right that some people put on heavy makeup to make themselves look older trying to buy cigs..like i said something happened that Walmart had to do this...I really know the clerk thats why i gave him hard time about ID, lol! he said i know how old you are really but im afraid the boss would kick my azz if i dont ask for it...i was incredulous, so shocked that it made him snicker that kinda piss me off haha...ohwell, cant blame him as he is doing his job..it just was strange to me, thats all. Wouldnt be surprised if all stores in the nation start doing this! to protect the kids from smoking which is not good for them.

pinkster said:
Thats cause I was stranded! I had no transportation! What would happen if I lost my job? Or dropped out of college? Thats totally different. I get heated about things that affect my life. If getting ID'ed is the the hardest thing to worry about, then you must have a fairly nice life.
Thats not the point..the point is that it is just so weird that Walmart had to ask us older people for ID, it is just so strange. No im not worried about it at all, i couldnt care less! I dont smoke so i dont care, i was just curious to see if it is true is all. My husband smokes and he is buying his cigs at the Indian shop so he dont care either. Just want to inform others in case they go buy cigs at Walmart, just be prepared to have your ID ready is all.

Defee said:
Yeah i figured maybe something drastic happened. A few times here in my town, the undercover cops would get young people under 21 as decoys to see if the liquor stores or grocery stores sell them beer/liquor without asking for their id, some liquor stores got busted for doing that..in fact, they closed down one quick shop for selling beer to minors after the third time they got caught and closed down the store! So maybe thats the case with Walmart selling cigs to minors..dunno.

Yeah, I reckon that could be the case -- it's been done here in Australia. Police sending out kids under 18 as decoys in buying cigarettes and alcohol to see which shops are neligent in not checking ID and so forth. Once they've found out which ones, they go to those shops and fine them and take steps towards suspending their liquor license (right to sell alcohol legally).

As for cigarettes -- same thing -- although I've never been carded before when purchasing cigarettes. I don't have to worry about this anymore because I'm currently on 3rd day of not smoking and certainly am hoping like mad to stay that way! :D

You're right... maybe something happened there. Sometimes, laws or policies are passed recently and they are expected to start enforcing it or perhaps, someone got in trouble so they are making sure that it doesn't happen again. :dunno:

Defee said:
Maybe i didnt make myself clear, i said i have been hearing stuff about clerks asking everybody for their ids regardless of their age so i decided to check for myself, it is true..im way over 21 years old and have a grown son so come on, why do i need to show my id?? this guy i was talking about is 57 years old and he has white hair and all and the clerk did ask him for his ID! he said he wasnt sure if he heard right so he asked again, yes they want to see his ID...

Apparently a few stores must have sold them to people under 18, so now they all must check for id, no big deal, they always id me when i buy beer, i'm 26, and if i havnt shaven i look older then 26, but i see them id everyone there too.

Interesting topic... Know what I really think it is? Terrorism. Terrorism effects everything and people get extremely paranoid so they check for IDs for security reason.

Hey, Defee how are ya girly? Maybe it's a good time to get your husband to quit smoking! :mrgreen:

VamPyroX said:
In a way, this is good. Why? There are people who are young, but think they look old and wish that others see them as younger. Suppose they go to buy beer and aren't asked for ID, they could take it offensively... "What do you think? I'm old enough to be your mom? Jeez!" What if there are people who are young but wish they looked older. Well, that might make them feel good... because someone thinks they're too young. ;)
oh yea i agree with u... same here, some of people thought my mom was my sister!!! i say noooooooooooo, she is my MOTHER!!! they shocked!!!! :crazy:

Defee said:
Thats not the point..the point is that it is just so weird that Walmart had to ask us older people for ID, it is just so strange. No im not worried about it at all, i couldnt care less! I dont smoke so i dont care, i was just curious to see if it is true is all. My husband smokes and he is buying his cigs at the Indian shop so he dont care either. Just want to inform others in case they go buy cigs at Walmart, just be prepared to have your ID ready is all.

Well that is the way it is getting with all things these days, smokes, liquor, adult products. You need id, its not like they are writing it down, and its not like you dont have it already. Maybe i'm wrong, but this isnt really a big deal.

What is really funny, at Walmart I was carded for buying spray paint. Yes, I had to prove that I was over 18! I am several decades over 18, and look it, ha, ha. But kids buying spray cans for huffing is a problem, so some stores now refuse to sell paint to minors.

Reba said:
What is really funny, at Walmart I was carded for buying spray paint. Yes, I had to prove that I was over 18! I am several decades over 18, and look it, ha, ha. But kids buying spray cans for huffing is a problem, so some stores now refuse to sell paint to minors.
I've been carded for buying permanent markers before. This was only for a local store as well as the same stores in the area due to an issue of high school students using permanent marker as an inhaliant. They would buy markers and get high on them. The schools in the area found out so they worked with the stores (that most kids bought the permanent markers from) and the police to have this enforced for a while. I bought a permanent marker for work and while I was in line, they asked me for my ID. I'm like, 'WTF!?" I asked why and they explained all of this to me. Eek!

Katzie said:
Interesting topic... Know what I really think it is? Terrorism. Terrorism effects everything and people get extremely paranoid so they check for IDs for security reason.

That is what I thought so.. It's better to check out ID for our security than sorrry.

Back