Wal-mart discrimation

You're crazy. :eek3:

I don't do with something for Wal-mart. It's time to boycott Wal-mart
for employment. :rl:

Am I? I don't think so, I think it's crazy to boycott Wal-Mart because of one bad Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is very popular, American favorite store beside Kmart. :thumb: I love Wal-Mart.

Am I? I don't think so, I think it's crazy to boycott Wal-Mart because of one bad Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is very popular, American favorite store beside Kmart. :thumb: I love Wal-Mart.

You are lucky! because depend individuals and different companys and workers...

What makes "Oh none of your business" a rude? I am just defending my own business that's all. I don't think I need to tell them sorry, they have been discriminating against me about my deafness everytime I went there. They absolute don't deserve it.

I don't want to argue with you. Are you really sure that she insulted you because she asked you a question about your CI?

What are things that they are discriminating you every time you visited there? I want to know about it.

I hate Walmart/ASDA(name they go under here in the UK) because of their terrible human rights records. They also don't bother to sell organic fruit or veg so all their fruit and veg is sprayed with pestacides which is really bad for you. I always go for Organic or non GM where I can.

It doesn't surprise me at all that they also discriminate against the deaf.

I hate Walmart/ASDA(name they go under here in the UK) because of their terrible human rights records. They also don't bother to sell organic fruit or veg so all their fruit and veg is sprayed with pestacides which is really bad for you. I always go for Organic or non GM where I can.

It doesn't surprise me at all that they also discriminate against the deaf.

Wal-Mart (Supercenter) in USA does sell organic foods.

For me, I dislike organic food due different of taste.

I don't want to argue with you. Are you really sure that she insulted you because she asked you a question about your CI?

What are things that they are discriminating you every time you visited there? I want to know about it.

I already shared other two posts that discriminates against my deafness, and I didn't say that that worker was insulting me, I was saying that it was not her business, and then boss warning on me, that's so wrong.

I already shared other two posts that discriminates against my deafness, and I didn't say that that worker was insulting me, I was saying that it was not her business, and then boss warning on me, that's so wrong.

Well, I hate Walmart, too. Of course, she would have shut her mouth if you do not feel like to talk about. If I were you, I will try to talk about it a little and to be patience. It was embarrassed because it makes her or other people that all deaf people are rude, but it is not. You know what I mean. It would be much worse if she says someone that you are dumb and mute. I will definitely pissed off and insult her. Isn't that sound right to you?

I am pretty sure that she was interested to know about your CI or your hearing. Well, I assume that it wasn't the right mood for you to talk about. You need consider to apologize to her that you were not right mood at that day when you go back there - someday.

Why is it correct to yell at a deaf person across the room? It's not! I personally think it's rude pointing and yelling at a handicapped innocent person. Why does this gentlemen owe this cashier an explanation of his CI? He doesn't but he can share if he wants to. The manager took sides and that's wrong too. She got one sided story from her coworker, naturally. I think it's disrespect to holler at someone across the room. Was this man supposed to holler back at her explaining "I have a cochlear implant because ...... " Or maybe he needed to walk up to her to explain? This is not social standards.

Yeah I would do that.

Another story:

When I have a jar full of coins, I was looking for a coin machine so I can change them into bills so I went to Wal Mart. I asked a cashier if there was a coin machine, and then other customer laughed at me and told me "You count it!", and then the worker laughed at me too, and wrote "Go to Albertson!" then smashing the paper. I was so pissed so I stomping on the table on the cashier, and told them that I need a paper and pen. Then that worker gave me and I wrote "I was asking for a machine, I didn't ask her to count it for me, DUHHHH!" and I left.

That dumby (gosh--hate to say that) non-deaf customer is a biga**-time mean...

That is just big-time insane to the max...

Man, [uh...] I feel sorry for you. I will pray for you for the discrimination that'd done to you. *sigh*

I won't trust Wal-Mart so I won't go there...

Non-deaf customers are not suppose to treat deaf people as "dumb" and unfairly. That's just rude and I feel that the customers should owe you an apology, but probably this will happen again and again--probably for the lifetime.

Then, this woman at Walmart must be retard. It was a good thing that she does not jump on you.

Well, I hate Walmart, too. Of course, she would have shut her mouth if you do not feel like to talk about. If I were you, I will try to talk about it a little and to be patience. It was embarrassed because it makes her or other people that all deaf people are rude, but it is not. You know what I mean. It would be much worse if she says someone that you are dumb and mute. I will definitely pissed off and insult her. Isn't that sound right to you?

Yeah I understand what you mean, but still I am not in mood to talk with her, she's just not giving me any nice approach. She yelled at me and then pointing to my CI, it makes me feel weird.

Why is it correct to yell at a deaf person across the room? It's not! I personally think it's rude pointing and yelling at a handicapped innocent person. Why does this gentlemen owe this cashier an explanation of his CI? He doesn't but he can share if he wants to. The manager took sides and that's wrong too. She got one sided story from her coworker, naturally. I think it's disrespect to holler at someone across the room. Was this man supposed to holler back at her explaining "I have a cochlear implant because ...... " Or maybe he needed to walk up to her to explain? This is not social standards.

I am with you totalllllly!

That dumby (gosh--hate to say that) non-deaf customer is a biga**-time mean...

That is just big-time insane to the max...

Man, [uh...] I feel sorry for you. I will pray for you for the discrimination that'd done to you. *sigh*

I won't trust Wal-Mart so I won't go there...

Non-deaf customers are not suppose to treat deaf people as "dumb" and unfairly. That's just rude and I feel that the customers should owe you an apology, but probably this will happen again and again--probably for the lifetime.

Yeah I wish nobody would look down against deafies. But I have to suffer with Wal Mart, their price is so cheap, and they are treating me shit. That's why I kept calling Wal Mart is FULL OF SHIT. Oh wellie :)

Then, this woman at Walmart must be retard. It was a good thing that she does not jump on you.

Yeah it's good thing that she didn't jump on me.

If Wal Mart is full of shit then call it Wal Fart!! :D

When I was poor and broke and looking for work, I refused to apply for job at Wal Mart becus of its poor record of treatment of their workers. I read info. on WalMartSucks.com which the store later sued and lost. But it was eventually removed from the internet. You still can check the info. about wal mart on internet by googling "wal mart sucks".

Sheesh Man!

That's something I don't like about Walmart playing game on deaf workers. Not only Deaf, They do discriminate against women too. Walmart have bad rap on discrimination in the past. IMHO, Managment DO play game on any worker to hush them up or be fired. Sometime They can do stupid things. IT takes many woman to protest to make public notice against Walmart. I've seen bathroom stall (men's bathroom) scrawled with graffiti which was written by woman who cleaned the bathroom. She was very angry with managment for paying lower salary while men get more for same job and also sex harrassment was so bad that she couldn't speak out due to her manager's threat.

So How many deafie working at Walmart. I bet just .01% across the nation. If there are 25% of deafie in nation working there and protest. Court will do something with Walmart. It would be VERY nice if 2 or 3 millions of deafie across the nation regardless if they are working or not (not walmart but any jobs) stand up and protest against discrimination. Public will take notice and they'll clean up their act.

Remmy the Gally protest. That's the biggest thing. We should do more for freedom of Voice!

I agree with CCfan. Court are wrong to support Walmart. Our deaf voice are very small. We need make our voice bigger. This make Walmart look bad and improve their service. Perhap fire any low life Managers.

I do go to Walmart but I don't like them building too many SuperStore less than 5 miles radius in my area!! I have Super WM 2 miles away and other about 4 miles away (on other city conjuction to my city). Now I heard they're planning to build another Super WM just about 1/2 miles from my home. This made my blood broils!! They are just polluting neighbors w/ too many WM!! (I wish I can bulldoze their building as soon as they finished them LOL). Mayor in my city is powerless to stop it. I wish State can do something to restrict business from building many "copies" of big stores less than 10 miles radius!!

Catty

MySA.com: Metro | State

Wal-Mart labels Boerne nuns a security threat

Nydia Lopez
KENS 5 Eyewitness News
Web Posted: 05/05/2007 01:41 AM CDT

It's a David versus Goliath battle heating up in the Hill Country — a group of nuns from Boerne is taking a stand against Wal-Mart.

The corporate giant reportedly labeled the nuns a security threat after they raised questions about Wal-Mart's business practices.

Sister Susan Mika is part of the Benedectine Sisters, which is part of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility. The center has been questioning Wal-Mart's business practices for years.

"We've been raising questions with them for about 17 years, so it's not like they don't know it," Sister Mika said.

Now, the sisters find themselves on Wal-Mart's security threat list. Sister Mika said the group has been wrongly labeled.

"In no way have we ever been a threat to the company in that sense. We might be a threat in the kind of question that we're asking, but not a security threat," Sister Mika said.

The sisters have raised questions on wages, human rights, health care and the pay disparity between CEOs and workers. They believe that's why Wal-Mart has launched a surveillance operation on the small church group.

"We wanted to find out more about what was actually happening, and did they do any surveillance on us, either personally or as a community, and to let us know what that would be, and to apologize to us," Sister Mika said.

Calls from KENS 5 to a Wal-Mart spokesperson went unreturned.

The nuns say they want an apology and will continue to raise concerns and issues until someone launches an investigation into thousands of allegations against Wal-Mart.

Wow! That sounded like Corporate Communistim. If they spy and prey upon church group and labeled them as a threat. Whoooaa there!! A dirty rotten Billion dollar coporate are sitting on our Free Country. Hey! Get off our land and move to North Korea!!! I wish Govt send up US Armed Force to take down CEO's and punish them for treason and use it's Billion dollars to pay for children's education. LOL.

Catty

a management just don't want get an interpreter cuz they don't want to pay interpreter when they are in a meeting. I guess walmart's way.

I stopped shopping at Walmart due to that reason. A couple of weeks ago, I went shopping and I couldnt find what I needed to find so I looked for someone to help me. I saw two employees nearby and started walking towards them, they saw me and immediately walked into the office and closed the door. I was like, huh? Thought maybe they got called to the office so no biggie. So, I walked around and saw another employee helping a guy so I walked over there to wait until she finished with him. While I was waiting, I was signing to my kids and she gave me a weird look while the guy was showing her the product he needed help with. So, he finishes and she turned away and started walking away and I chased after her and said excuse me. She said "I am sorry, I have other things to do first and then I will help u" something like that. I was like WTF? Fine whatever so I found the same woman who I saw before so I approached her and she immediately stiffed up. I asked her for help in finding something and she kept saying "WHAT? WHAT?" I was like whoa chill! I told her that I am deaf and I can read lips and she continued to say "WHAT?" finally my daughter had to speak for me and she was like ok "Tell her that it is in aisle 5" without even looking at me. I felt humilated...no reason to be rude like that. So I reported her to the manager and he said that there is nothing he can do because it was loud in the store and maybe I was talking too softly. Oh, it is my fault? Go figure. I told him that Wal Mart just lost a customer and left. Didnt even buy the product from there..went to another store.

Wow...first time that has ever happened to me at Wal Mart and I thought it was an isolated incident but reading your posts, it seems not to be?

a management just don't want get an interpreter cuz they don't want to pay interpreter when they are in a meeting. I guess walmart's way.
Look at it this way.

If they were to pay for interpreters, it would be at $20/hr for use with a $6/hr employee.

Sometimes, the employee has to work with the employer... cuz the employer can't do all the work themselves. They sometimes need help.

Once my boyfriend wolfman told me that his mother and the boss got a huge aruge over Craig (wolfman) because he wont let him work due his CP and deafness. So, Craig stood up and can do everything at work to show proof to boss. He gulp himself and then Craig worked there for 10 years so far. He did amazing job. There's nothing will stop him due his cp and deaf.

Marie

I told him that Wal Mart just lost a customer and left. Didnt even buy the product from there..went to another store.

Good for you!!! You don't have to take that sort of treatment from shops like walmart.

Back