Wal-mart discrimation

They will be glad to take you to the exit door in the back of the room just because you are deaf. Oops...

Eh? They know me, and they are aware that I'm deaf, I always shop at Wal-Mart I'm their regular customer, there's no reason for them to lead me to the nearest exit door just because I'm deaf.

Eh? They know me, and they are aware that I'm deaf, I always shop at Wal-Mart I'm their regular customer, there's no reason for them to lead me to the nearest exit door just because I'm deaf.

No wonders that your sister don't like Wal-Mart but she's rather to shopping at Target.

Well, what I like and hate about Wal Mart.

Like Walmart for:
CHEAP!!!
Varies of stuff to look at
24 HOURS!

Hate Walmart for:
Force other business to shut down
Too big!
Bad workers and managers

So I am happily to shop, but always hate Wal Mart for my "hate reasons".

Now I go to point to this thread,

I know Wal Mart don't hire people very well, they just hire hire hire and are not pay attention to people's background, etc. ALMOST everytime I go to Wal Mart, there's always discrimination against my deafness there. Like when I ask one workers to have a paper and pen, that workers just left! VERY RUDE! Then manager came to me, and told me that worker was sorry that she don't know how to sign. Don't know how to sign? WE CAN READ! Get a paper and pen dammit!

Well. Wal Mart is a BIG advantage, but have to get through all of those shits. Now you wondering why Wal Mart is so cheap..

Well, what I like and hate about Wal Mart.

Like Walmart for:
CHEAP!!!
Varies of stuff to look at
24 HOURS!

Hate Walmart for:
Force other business to shut down
Too big!
Bad workers and managers

So I am happily to shop, but always hate Wal Mart for my "hate reasons".

Now I go to point to this thread,

I know Wal Mart don't hire people very well, they just hire hire hire and are not pay attention to people's background, etc. ALMOST everytime I go to Wal Mart, there's always discrimination against my deafness there. Like when I ask one workers to have a paper and pen, that workers just left! VERY RUDE! Then manager came to me, and told me that worker was sorry that she don't know how to sign. Don't know how to sign? WE CAN READ! Get a paper and pen dammit!

Well. Wal Mart is a BIG advantage, but have to get through all of those shits. Now you wondering why Wal Mart is so cheap..

then just walk on their back and confront them.

That's what I did at Circuit City and manager was scared and start helping me.

then just walk on their back and confront them.

Yeah I would do that.

Another story:

When I have a jar full of coins, I was looking for a coin machine so I can change them into bills so I went to Wal Mart. I asked a cashier if there was a coin machine, and then other customer laughed at me and told me "You count it!", and then the worker laughed at me too, and wrote "Go to Albertson!" then smashing the paper. I was so pissed so I stomping on the table on the cashier, and told them that I need a paper and pen. Then that worker gave me and I wrote "I was asking for a machine, I didn't ask her to count it for me, DUHHHH!" and I left.

Thank God!!! that God gave me wisdom that I wont apply part time a job there period! Because I heard deaf people complained against Wal Mart. too stink pay hrs. NO RESPECT!!! I am very happy I got other part time a job the place. I like 3 managers and Supervisors sooo much. They are very nice to me!! and gave me award free restaurant and drawing every month cool! One manager who is ASL and interpreter because her mom is deaf. She is very sick of cancer now and maybe she will come work back in Aug or wait see. Pray for her! I missed her alot!

I am very happy for you. :) Me too. I glad I never worked or I will never
work at Wal-mart in any time for my life! :bowdown:
I have a greatest job in my life! :)

No, ADA does require companies to get interpreters for important meeting, such as termination meeting or whatever, that important one to know. Wal-Mart doesn't follow their ADA law in full, only around 50% or so. If Wal-Mart is violate the ADA law then deaf employees have rights to take legal action on Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart need change their policies to treat deaf people so fairly, though.

I have said that you are loyal to Wal-Mart but I don't. :ugh:

I have agree with Sequioas. ;)

I am not loyal to Wal-mart.

I love Wal-Mart nothing anyone can say will make me stop being a customer at Wal-Mart. :mrgreen:

Just because one Wal-Mart fired an employee because an employee wants a sign language interpreter, it doesn't mean every Wal-Mart does it. I love my Wal-Mart near my home, they're friendliest people always go their way out helping you find what you're looking for. ;)

You're crazy. :eek3:

I don't do with something for Wal-mart. It's time to boycott Wal-mart
for employment. :rl:

...Just because one Wal-Mart fired an employee because an employee wants a sign language interpreter, it doesn't mean every Wal-Mart does it....
That's right. I know some Wal-Mart's hire terps for Deaf employee training and meetings.

Yeah I would do that.

Another story:

When I have a jar full of coins, I was looking for a coin machine so I can change them into bills so I went to Wal Mart. I asked a cashier if there was a coin machine, and then other customer laughed at me and told me "You count it!", and then the worker laughed at me too, and wrote "Go to Albertson!" then smashing the paper. I was so pissed so I stomping on the table on the cashier, and told them that I need a paper and pen. Then that worker gave me and I wrote "I was asking for a machine, I didn't ask her to count it for me, DUHHHH!" and I left.

It's called aggressive against on consumers then you need make lawsuit to sue on Wal-Mart.

It's called aggressive against on consumers then you need make lawsuit to sue on Wal-Mart.

I wish I did that! Goddamn Walmart.

Another story.

When I went enter in the store with my CI on, one worker who are standing front of the store stare at me and tried to yell at me. I was like what? She pointed to my CI, and I was voicing "Oh none of your business".

Later while I was walking around the Wal Mart, and leader manager came to me, and write on the paper "You can't be rude to any of my workers". I was like what the fuck?! I have right to tell anyone to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS.

Lousy managers, lousy workers, lousy prices, lousy construction, lousy qualities, etc etc etc etc....

Wal Mart is jsut FULL of SHITTTTT.

I wish I did that! Goddamn Walmart.

Another story.

When I went enter in the store with my CI on, one worker who are standing front of the store stare at me and tried to yell at me. I was like what? She pointed to my CI, and I was voicing "Oh none of your business".

Later while I was walking around the Wal Mart, and leader manager came to me, and write on the paper "You can't be rude to any of my workers". I was like what the fuck?! I have right to tell anyone to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS.

Lousy managers, lousy workers, lousy prices, lousy construction, lousy qualities, etc etc etc etc....

I am pretty sure that she was interested to know about your CI or your hearing. Well, I assume that it wasn't the right mood for you to talk about. You need consider to apologize to her that you were not right mood at that day when you go back there - someday.

I am pretty sure that she was interested to know about your CI or your hearing. Well, I assume that it wasn't the right mood for you to talk about. You need consider to apologize to her that you were not right mood at that day when you go back there - someday.

What makes "Oh none of your business" a rude? I am just defending my own business that's all. I don't think I need to tell them sorry, they have been discriminating against me about my deafness everytime I went there. They absolute don't deserve it.

I don't think it will really be a problem with just that Walmart. I'm sure that it's a problem with a lot of the businesses in the area.

The businesses around here are very deaf-friendly... because it's a deaf community.

What's the deaf community like in your area?

I don't think it will really be a problem with just that Walmart. I'm sure that it's a problem with a lot of the businesses in the area.

The businesses around here are very deaf-friendly... because it's a deaf community.

What's the deaf community like in your area?

Ur lucky that you are in New York...

Here, in Vancouver, Washington...

Good thing about deaf:

*The Deaf community in the church are GROWING FAST.
*Some of Deafies refuse to try the drugs because of the Deaf AA and MA meetings existing here.
*The Deafies are fighting against DVR (Develop Vocaliation Rehab) it's like helping disablities people to get a job.
*Raising of Deafies get good education through mainstream instead of the deaf school.
*More and more hearing people recognized the Deafies.

Deafies's issue:

*Washington School for the Deaf are lossing every year because the lack of staff.
*Alot of drugs addictors from the east like New York or New Jersey come to here Vancouver and cause problems with the Deafies in Vancouver WA.
*Small Deaf Community.
*1 in every 3 Deafies experience abuse as children by parents.
*Deafies got involved with the drugs/alcohol often.

It's just Vancouver WA Deafies. Deafies who are from other place usually called us the "drama group", or "non common sense deafies", and many things bad about us.

We, Washington Deafies, NEED HELP! :(

Back