Wal-mart discrimation

CCfan

Reaction score
You're Fired. Too Bad If You Don't Understand.

It make me upset stomach! I feel bad for one who get fired at Wal-mart. :rifle: It's f***ing cruel and unreasonable, that is DISCRIMATION against the deaf and hard-of-hearing
people. I don't make a f***ing job without an interpreter.I don't want a f***ing fired. If I get fired, I will might
^%$# !@^&%#! :mad:

Fortunately, I have no problem with my three jobs: shredding
from District 622, Xcel Energy; and working at apartment that there
are them that I don't need an interpreter. :) I working at my home is damn best! :dance:

Watch out, Wal-mart. They will be getting a class-action lawsuit for not following ADA's rules.

Well, it depends on Wal-Mart store in location, also some location have bad managers, also bad system for boss and training coordinator. Our store is pretty okay but Wal-Mart in other locations are really pain ass with managers. I just don't like one asst. manager (it's sub) but she can't firing me without 1st asst. manager to approve, also same goes to supervisors. There's bad supervisors in some location.

More WM stupidity

MySA.com: Metro | State

Wal-Mart labels Boerne nuns a security threat

Nydia Lopez
KENS 5 Eyewitness News
Web Posted: 05/05/2007 01:41 AM CDT

It's a David versus Goliath battle heating up in the Hill Country — a group of nuns from Boerne is taking a stand against Wal-Mart.

The corporate giant reportedly labeled the nuns a security threat after they raised questions about Wal-Mart's business practices.

Sister Susan Mika is part of the Benedectine Sisters, which is part of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility. The center has been questioning Wal-Mart's business practices for years.

"We've been raising questions with them for about 17 years, so it's not like they don't know it," Sister Mika said.

Now, the sisters find themselves on Wal-Mart's security threat list. Sister Mika said the group has been wrongly labeled.

"In no way have we ever been a threat to the company in that sense. We might be a threat in the kind of question that we're asking, but not a security threat," Sister Mika said.

The sisters have raised questions on wages, human rights, health care and the pay disparity between CEOs and workers. They believe that's why Wal-Mart has launched a surveillance operation on the small church group.

"We wanted to find out more about what was actually happening, and did they do any surveillance on us, either personally or as a community, and to let us know what that would be, and to apologize to us," Sister Mika said.

Calls from KENS 5 to a Wal-Mart spokesperson went unreturned.

The nuns say they want an apology and will continue to raise concerns and issues until someone launches an investigation into thousands of allegations against Wal-Mart.

Well, it depends on Wal-Mart store in location, also some location have bad managers, also bad system for boss and training coordinator. Our store is pretty okay but Wal-Mart in other locations are really pain ass with managers. I just don't like one asst. manager (it's sub) but she can't firing me without 1st asst. manager to approve, also same goes to supervisors. There's bad supervisors in some location.

Same thing I work for menards. My supervisor is cool guy and enjoy work with him. I have one of my friend work menards but different location. He told me that he don't like his supervisor is a real asshole. I have several friends work at polaris company. One guy like supervisor and other one different department hate supervisor due lack of respect. supervisor, manager, account dept, and CEO has different attitude ways.

Watch out, Wal-mart. They will be getting a class-action lawsuit for not following ADA's rules.
they won't be getting any class-action lawsuit.. as law stated.. is not enough. so there might be law class-action against ADA.. needs to be fixed.

a court just said.. there's no resonable to have interpreter at any termation action. so they don't need an interpreter.

i believe a court is wrong.. and ADA law needs to be changed..

other thing i believe that walmart shouldn't change to Corporate business!! period!

You mean to have an interpreter with you during the time you work? Is this what is all about? or just during the interview? ;)

Thank God!!! that God gave me wisdom that I wont apply part time a job there period! Because I heard deaf people complained against Wal Mart. too stink pay hrs. NO RESPECT!!! I am very happy I got other part time a job the place. I like 3 managers and Supervisors sooo much. They are very nice to me!! and gave me award free restaurant and drawing every month cool! One manager who is ASL and interpreter because her mom is deaf. She is very sick of cancer now and maybe she will come work back in Aug or wait see. Pray for her! I missed her alot!

Thanks goodness I never apply the job at Walmart. My VR counsler suggested that I should apply and I refused.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT to walmart.

Also 2 ppl where I work quit Walmart. Go figure.

I used to work at wal mart for 3 yrs. I already asked my old boss to get an interpreter but he already asked his other boss but it REFUSED!!! get an interpreter which I am not happy with it till I left wal mart and got another job. Till I got layoff oh well which is sucks! being layoff in 2001.

You mean to have an interpreter with you during the time you work? Is this what is all about? or just during the interview? ;)

Cheri, I believe they mean for the interview and for important staff meetings....

Thanks goodness I never apply the job at Walmart. My VR counsler suggested that I should apply and I refused.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT to walmart.

Also 2 ppl where I work quit Walmart. Go figure.

You made right choice.

I wish that I would quit my job so quickly before getting worse but need wait to get other job.

I used to work at wal mart for 3 yrs. I already asked my old boss to get an interpreter but he already asked his other boss but it REFUSED!!! get an interpreter which I am not happy with it till I left wal mart and got another job. Till I got layoff oh well which is sucks! being layoff in 2001.

Why does you are lay off? instead of fired?

they won't be getting any class-action lawsuit.. as law stated.. is not enough. so there might be law class-action against ADA.. needs to be fixed.

a court just said.. there's no resonable to have interpreter at any termation action. so they don't need an interpreter.

i believe a court is wrong.. and ADA law needs to be changed..

other thing i believe that walmart shouldn't change to Corporate business!! period!

No, ADA does require companies to get interpreters for important meeting, such as termination meeting or whatever, that important one to know. Wal-Mart doesn't follow their ADA law in full, only around 50% or so. If Wal-Mart is violate the ADA law then deaf employees have rights to take legal action on Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart need change their policies to treat deaf people so fairly, though.

I have said that you are loyal to Wal-Mart but I don't. :ugh:

I have agree with Sequioas. ;)

Why does you are lay off? instead of fired?

I work at wal mart for 3 yrs till I left there and got another job almost 3 yrs but just got layoff for no REASONS! till my old job got shut down in few months before I got lay off that it.

I work at wal mart for 3 yrs till I left there and got another job almost 3 yrs but just got layoff for no REASONS! till my old job got shut down in few months before I got lay off that it.

Oh, I got it.

Lay off from job is better than firing from job, also lay off doesn't affect on your resume.

No, ADA does require companies to get interpreters for important meeting, such as termination meeting or whatever, that important one to know. Wal-Mart doesn't follow their ADA law in full, only around 50% or so. If Wal-Mart is violate the ADA law then deaf employees have rights to take legal action on Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart need change their policies to treat deaf people so fairly, though.

I have said that you are loyal to Wal-Mart but I don't. :ugh:

I have agree with Sequioas. ;)
to clear ur message..

i read the article the link is provide in the begin.

the court agrees with wal-mart that it isn't nessicarry to provide interpreter during this time.

and no i'm not loyal to wal-mart.. and yes i do work there. but i'm having hard time finding a job that pays better or even to what i make now. wal-mart pays me good. where many other jobs starts stinks.. i can't make $1 less in new job what i'm making now.. i'm in tight budget.

Its like i'm a slave to them.. they pay me good.. making me hard to find a job with same pay or better pay. unless i graduated from college and get a new job.
its like a slave because they pay me good making me stay. hard to find a better job

I love Wal-Mart nothing anyone can say will make me stop being a customer at Wal-Mart. :mrgreen:

Just because one Wal-Mart fired an employee because an employee wants a sign language interpreter, it doesn't mean every Wal-Mart does it. I love my Wal-Mart near my home, they're friendliest people always go their way out helping you find what you're looking for. ;)

I love Wal-Mart nothing anyone can say will make me stop being a customer at Wal-Mart. :mrgreen:

Just because one Wal-Mart fired an employee because an employee wants a sign language interpreter, it doesn't mean every Wal-Mart does it. I love my Wal-Mart near my home, they're friendliest people always go their way out helping you find what you're looking for. ;)

They will be glad to take you to the exit door in the back of the room just because you are deaf. Oops...

Back