Should we have Gay Marriage??

• Yes

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
Oooh the Mr and Mrs thing, thats a good question. I think a lot of that has to do with taking your partner's name, but now that lots of wives aren't taking their husbands' names its gotten tricky. You can say Mr and Mrs Smith but you don't usually say Mr Smith and Mrs Wilson, for example. Some people up here in Canada call their spouse wife or husband, others still say partner, but I don't hear about people changing their names, cause that was a patriarchal tradition that doesn't really cross over. Also, I find that nowadays, we don't distinguish between Mrs and Ms unless specified, so the attachment to altering your title after marriage is weakening.

As an aside to deafdyke, your queer theory is enough to make Michel Foucault blush! Hooray for the genderqueers!

Actually in the US, many deaf women I know take on their husband's name and hypenate with their maiden name. It's because some women are known better by their maiden names, so once they adopt their husband's surname, people might say "who is that person?" until they know the maiden name.

I voted "yes" too, If two people love each others and want to get married, they should be allow to, doesn't matter if they're the same sex. :)

Paris Hilton is bisexual? Yeah right.....she's one of those hedonistic tReNdY sexual people, who couldn't imagine that traditional intercourse with someone you actually LOVE would be awesome.
The Empress.......we become One in many different ways. It's not just about traditional hetronormative sex. (eg penis in vagina)

I guess you and the Empress are the only peeps who voted no under different screen names.

Huh? You think I can sign different screen name 20 times, and I don't
have 20 different email address... AOL won't let me do that... because
I only limit 6 email address. You're insane.

Paris Hilton is bisexual? Yeah right.....she's one of those hedonistic tReNdY sexual people, who couldn't imagine that traditional intercourse with someone you actually LOVE would be awesome.
The Empress.......we become One in many different ways. It's not just about traditional hetronormative sex. (eg penis in vagina)

I don't know why Paris is doing this... her family is already rich, I don't
know why she needs more money. One of these days, she gonna
get her karma just like Anna Nicole is facing now. She is making too
many enemies and people hate her.

I vote yeah. I mean, what hell's wrong with it? It's other people's bussiness not yours and it isn't hurting anyone or themselves.

I vote yeah. I mean, what hell's wrong with it? It's other people's bussiness not yours and it isn't hurting anyone or themselves.

That is right.... it doesn't hurt anyone...
I won't get marry, but I shouldn't stop other people from marrying, too...
That isn't fair...
Everyone deserves happiness....

:ily:

Good Grief!! you already made more enemies.. Oh Boy!!

That is because you guys are so sensitive. It is just a poll. Why get
so angry over this? Grow up!!! Everybody has their opinions...
Why hate someone who has different opinion?:smash:

h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.

:aw:

I'm laughing. :bowlol: I can't believe people are crying over this poll.

You gay people really wanna get marry to each other?

Wow. Well stop making this stupid POLL and go get some petitions and have million
of people to sign it, and tell the President and House of Rep and Senate that
you wanna get marry legally.

I'm laughing. :bowlol: I can't believe people are crying over this poll.

You gay people really wanna get marry to each other?

Wow. Well stop making this stupid POLL and go get some petitions and have million
of people to sign it, and tell the President and House of Rep and Senate that
you wanna get marry legally.

Im not crying. I just think youre statement was overtly hypocritical.

You think that gay people havent started petitions? That we havent written our congressmen and women? That not single letter of protest has been sent
to anyone? My self I have sent over a 100 letters personally from me and with my GSA (gay straight alliance) both in highschool and college I have been a part of over 40 different letter writing sessions. As well I have been a part of over 70 protests located in the state of Arkansas to get public awareness for LGBT issues. Also every Friday we have something we call Friday visibility where LGBT people and straight allies get together and stand on a street corner, or go to the state captiol to stand and build visibility for LGBT issues. We also have numerous groups, big, huge, nationally funded organizations founded for the sole purpose of lobbying to the senate and congress for LGBT equality. Groups such as, Lambda Legal, HRC, ACLU, Soul Force, AHRC, and numerous grass roots groups in individual cities and towns across the nation.

You have no idea the length and the amount of time, energy, money and blood that LGBT persons and their supporters have put into trying to get equality. People have died over this issue, people have been murdered for being gay and lesbian or being a supporter of LGBT people.

To say that we are merely sitting on butts is such a moronic statment, but I must say that I am not surprised to hear anything moronic come from you.

You live close to memphis right? I have many friends in memphis and personally am aware of many protests, many petitions and other things that are going on to try to get awareness and equality for lgbt people right in the memphis metro area. Just go to MCA on National Coming out Day, or Rembering Matthew Shepards death day, or National day of Silence? You will see hundreds of people protesting, getting together writing letters, and getting petitions signed. I have gone to several parades, letter writing sessions, public speakings, town hall meetings, and protests in the memphis area.

Maybe its not that we are not doing anything, maybe its that you dont get out of your narrow blind little world enough to notice anything that doesnt directly apply to or benefit you.

Back