Votes: 81 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
Mod Note:

Thread's reopened....

Please understand this, it's the wishes of the creator of this thread 'not' to bring up anything related to God. For those of you that would like to bring up anything related to that, please create your own thread.

Thank you!

~RR

Thanks RR --

I hope this thread will be calm and discussing in peace. No bashing or god or bible bring in here. We all like to discuss abt the gay marriage. Thanks!!!

Thanks RR --

I hope this thread will be calm and discussing in peace. No bashing or god or bible bring in here. We all like to discuss abt the gay marriage. Thanks!!!

Whoo..Hoo... i am glad you got your thread back in here... I hope everything will run smooth...

Good to know it is reopen.... how many states has pass this gay marriage law ?? do you know ?

- Vermont only has civil union. Massachusetts allows gay marriages.

- New Jersey has a domestic partnership law, but does not provide all the rights that a marriage would give. The Supreme Court recently decided that this is not fair for GLBT people, and sent the bill to the Senate to decide what to do about it within 180 days, I believe.

- Connecticuit, California, Hawai'i, Maine and Washington D.C. have civil union laws, but they are not equal to the marriage laws, as many federal rights are restricted only to heterosexual couples. As for other states, I don't believe there is any other state that has such a law in effect.

- Canada, Belgium, Holland, Spain, New Zealand and South Africa allows gay marriage or civil unions with all full rights.

Image:SSM NorthAm 2006.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks RR for reopening this discussion.
I, of course, voted YES! :h5: many LGTBQI people stayed together for many years and I feel it's time to allow them to finally get married. For instance.. like me & my partner - 17 years!! and would love to get married! :cuddle: We already got domestic-partnered but it is still not enough.

I am not against Gay Marriages... I do believe lots of gays and lesbians have same feelings toward their love as much as straight people.. even tho i am very straight...Let them be happy with their own lives...

Within months Satan had been elected Prime Minister, and people began to marry their pets and furniture. One woman even married a stop sign. Please do send the crusaders of the Christian Right before its too late!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You owe me a new monitor!
As a genderqueer, (someone who does not believe that gender is something that should be seperated into binaries) I think and believe that gender is PURELY irrevenant. Why is the fact that two people have a penis or a vagina so damn important? It's irrevent just like skin color or whatever.
Besides, what about intersexed people or people with different sex chromosome makeup? (just FYI, the usual sex chromosome makeup is XY for males and XX for females) Should THEY be allowed to marry? What about letting someone with Turner's Syndrome (one X chromosome) marry? What about XXY syndrome? If they should or shouldn't, then why not let GLB folks marry?
The debate is exactly like the debate on black or interracial marriage! Forty years ago, people were shrieking that black and interracial marriage were going to doom our society. Except for some crazies and uberconservatives, interracial marriage is pretty much accepted!

Lesbians can get marry... and they can adopt children....

but gay men, nah, I don't think so...

Men can have threesome with 2 women, that is okay...

I am not against Lesbians...

Ellen Degeneres and Rosie O'Donnell are okay. And Paris Hilton and Angelina Jolie as Bisexual...
that is okay too.

Last edited by a moderator:

But Gay men, I think the Bible meant them... not Lesbians...

Ellen Degeneres and Rosie O'Donnell are okay. And Paris Hilton and Angelina Jolie as Bisexual...
that is okay too.

*bringing up Bible* again:eek3:

But Gay men, I think the Bible meant them... not Lesbians...

that is okay too.
Empress - As I left the note said No God OR bible in this thread. Please respect. Thank you

- Vermont only has civil union. Massachusetts allows gay marriages.

- New Jersey has a domestic partnership law, but does not provide all the rights that a marriage would give. The Supreme Court recently decided that this is not fair for GLBT people, and sent the bill to the Senate to decide what to do about it within 180 days, I believe.

- Connecticuit, California, Hawai'i, Maine and Washington D.C. have civil union laws, but they are not equal to the marriage laws, as many federal rights are restricted only to heterosexual couples. As for other states, I don't believe there is any other state that has such a law in effect.

- Canada, Belgium, Holland, Spain, New Zealand and South Africa allows gay marriage or civil unions with all full rights.

Image:SSM NorthAm 2006.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you for this!! I appreciated it. I was planning to research later tonight but you beat me. ;)

thanks RR for reopening this discussion.
I, of course, voted YES! :h5: many LGTBQI people stayed together for many years and I feel it's time to allow them to finally get married. For instance.. like me & my partner - 17 years!! and would love to get married! :cuddle: We already got domestic-partnered but it is still not enough.
Yes I know you want to marry ur woman. U both been together for years. I understand that D.P. isnt enuff. I dont blame you.

Tom and Katie Cruises became one...

But how can Lesbians become one and Gay men become one?

Yea, please don't reply back to her and report to moderator.

I don't want this thread get lock again.
Yep.. I report to Mod and remind Empress as well. but Thanks pacman. I know u and me both dont wanna this thread to be close. Its interested issue abt gay marriage..

And me three don't wanna see this get locked up too. It is an interesting topic and I am learning more as I would like to see the gay and lesbian happy with their life.

Okay, here is a question. I am just curious on how would the gays and lesbians address themselves after they are married? With the straight, it is always Mr and Mrs with a surname usually from the husband. With gay couple, Mr and Mr same surname or what? Same goes for lesbian couple, Mrs and Mrs? Whose surname would they use? This would be interesting and I hope someone be able to explain it.

Back