Unoffical (SPECIAL) AllDeaf Meet - East Side

But they need your schedule to provide sign language interpreter. We will ask them if needing.
Allow me to email them and see what they can accommodate, I am more than happy to have ASL interpreter in any matter, it would be awesome. :)

Just sent them an email enquiring about the interpreted tour.

All, I understand that the thread is a little confusing so I will just clear it up. what help I need is, a good place where deaf people and I could meet. Dinner? drinks?

please input your suggestions for saturday 30th january 2010 if you are keen to meet up in NYC.

oye! i forgot about this thread! :o

Jclarke, NYC is a cool place. if you dont mind me asking Jiro's opinion about places. Jiro lives in NJ and been NYC a lot. so He may know a little more about that area than i do. I left NYC years ago.

Jiro :mad2:, do you think sout seaport is a good place for everyone to meet each other? it's a warm place inside the buidling and beautiful atsophere and can view the ocean. Or another place that have enough room for many people to hang out? any thoughts?
yes seaport is nice. if it's like past - that area will be very breezy and cold!!!!!! :cold: but just run inside the restaurants and it's nice and warm. South Seaport is probably a good idea to meet up. however - if people are driving in, it is highly advisable to park somewhere a little far from seaport and then take subway to seaport. the closer you are to south of NYC, the more expensive and the more limited parking will be. the parking fines is very high and they will most likely (or not) tow your car which can cost about $200-300 to get it out. Simply park at northern side of NYC (either street or garage) and then take subway down. no problem.

If lots of aders are going there then i may consider about it but i will have to find a place to stay. I have relatives who lives in LI but not in NYC. umm maybe one of my cousin who lives in brooklym. :hmm:
mi casa es tu casa! :naughty:

Just a Q, seaport, where's that?

ou7bm8.jpg

All, I understand that the thread is a little confusing so I will just clear it up. what help I need is, a good place where deaf people and I could meet. Dinner? drinks?

please input your suggestions for saturday 30th january 2010 if you are keen to meet up in NYC.

Zagat and pick any restaurant ya'all like and then I will make arrangement with the manager. or you can read NYC DPHH blog or NYC DPHH 2 to see what bar/restaurant they held once a month.

We need to discuss with the other AD'ers as I got an thread approval from Alex to stick up a new thread with the confirmed official details

Jiro, I had a look at that site, and I dont seem to find enough resuratants at the South Seaport... or is there a problem with my eyes?

Back