Universal Health Care

Do you think there should be Universal Health Care?

• Yes

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
I think there should be a healthcare system in which people from all socio-economic levels can afford and not have to risk losing their houses, assets, or jobs due to a serious injury or illness. If that would be called Universal Health Care, then yes, we should have one.

That would be Obama's health care plan as Jillio repeatedly stated. Universal Health care is the one where we all have to pay our hefty tax to cover for all, including ourselves. I don't support this. I have a concern for Obama's health care plan as well - budget-wise.

That would be Obama's health care plan as Jillio repeatedly stated. Universal Health care is the one where we all have to pay our hefty tax to cover for all, including ourselves. I don't support this. I have a concern for Obama's health care plan as well - budget-wise.

Not to get off topic...but if we can bail out AIG, and the other "fat cats" of Wall Street, and the Iraq war--we sure the he** can afford this!

U pay taxes for teachers, fire fighters, cops, and other public servants...if we make doctors and nurses part of the public servant system, would you object to paying taxes on healthcare instead of health insurance?

U pay taxes for teachers, fire fighters, cops, and other public servants...if we make doctors and nurses part of the public servant system, would you object to paying taxes on healthcare instead of health insurance?

but.... they do charge us for service. nothing's free. As for paying tax on healthcare instead of health insurance... I commented on this way while back. I'll summarize - When you pay tax for police... you have to bear with what the government has provided for you. If you want extra security - you'll have to pay for private security for personal security. Same thing for health care. You'll have to deal with what government provided for you and I don't think many people would be happy with that level of standard care. Private service is obviously better but I believe it's grossly overpriced and corrupted.

but.... they do charge us for service. nothing's free. As for paying tax on healthcare instead of health insurance... I commented on this way while back. I'll summarize - When you pay tax for police... you have to bear with what the government has provided for you. If you want extra security - you'll have to pay for private security for personal security. Same thing for health care. You'll have to deal with what government provided for you and I don't think many people would be happy with that level of standard care. Private service is obviously better but I believe it's grossly overpriced and corrupted.

Then it goes right back to the rich getting better health care while the poor dont.

Not to get off topic...but if we can bail out AIG, and the other "fat cats" of Wall Street, and the Iraq war--we sure the he** can afford this!

their debt will be added to our debt. To fund health care, we need some cash for it which we don't have. But let's just say everything's fubar and hypocritical. nothing makes sense anymore :mad2:

Then it goes right back to the rich getting better health care while the poor dont.

indeed... indeed... It's tough. McCain proposed making it tax deductible... Obama proposed government picks up a large portion of the bills... I'm still not satisfied with each one's proposal.

You know what I want? Put on my size 9 steel-tipped boot and start breaking some ass. They should offer incentive for health sector to keep population healthy... negotiate with pharmaceutical sector to lower the cost of medicines... making FDA/federal regulations less restrictive to keep medical innovation and research alive and highly competitive.... putting cap on malpractice lawsuits... those are for starters.

sometimes we just have to kiss their ass on some issues if we want to get what we want... and that's America to you :mad2:

their debt will be added to our debt. To fund health care, we need some cash for it which we don't have. But let's just say everything's fubar and hypocritical. nothing makes sense anymore :mad2:

Nothing does anymore!

Did you read the link Banjo posted about how it's more costly per capita here than universal health care in Canada? Still not convinced?

They should offer incentive for health sector to keep population healthy...

That's what the documentary Sicko talked about. These doctors are offered incentives for helping improve people's health like getting them to stop smoking. Have you seen Sicko? I am not saying that Sicko is 100 percent right, but it gives you ideas to think about our health care system.

Also, with universal health care, we don't have to pay monthly premiums if we don't see the doctor all the time. I don't know how this will cost the USA more money because I think the ones that need to go see a doctor will go and not waste tax payer dollars.

I think it's ridiculous that private health insurance increases your premiums every year and on top of that you have deductibles and other deductibles for visits and for surgeries and deny you on certain things. It's an abuse that we have to pay so much, and they do not want to cover everything when we are paying monthly. Where does the money go? To the wealthy CEO. They get bonuses for having people working denying private health care.

Did you read the link Banjo posted about how it's more costly per capita here than universal health care in Canada? Still not convinced?
It's like that high corn fructose commercial. It is misleading and half-truth. There's a catch.

That's what the documentary Sicko talked about. These doctors are offered incentives for helping improve people's health like getting them to stop smoking. Have you seen Sicko? I am not saying that Sicko is 100 percent right, but it gives you ideas to think about our health care system.
yes I've seen it but the catch is... we have to cough up nearly 50%+ tax

Obama's promise on health care will not be confirm until congress, House and senator vote to pass.

It's like that high corn fructose commercial. It is misleading and half-truth. There's a catch.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/108994048.html
Quality of Healthcare at Least as Good in Canada as in U.S. | Physicians for a National Health Program
USA Spends More Per Capita on Health Care Than Other Nations, Study Finds
Prices Cited in Health Cost Gap - Los Angeles Times
Globalization101 :: News Section : Health Care Coverage in a Globalized World Globalization101.org - A Student's Guide to Globalization

There are more. It's certainly obvious that the US government spends more and yet people still have to pay high premiums for health insurance.

Something ain't right. Like I said, doctors are motivated by greed these days.

It feels like they are being punished for having these life-long conditions especially those that are life-threatening.

Especially true, Byrdie and Shel, when these people have often been insured for the condition, but then were laid off and forced to find a new job. A condition that they could previously receive treatment for is now considered "pre-existing". First loose a job, then be told that you will no longer have insurance coverage for an illness just because you lost your job. :roll:

how many of you have own health insurance? as for me, NONE! i am at own risk!
i have to be very very careful for what i eat or what i do or whatever thing happen to me.. just watch out...

i know what is SICKO .... i havent see it yet.. someday..
yes i know europe has free health care thing mostly.. just like liebing say.. look at her..

now the big question is that health insurance will fits with usa's people 's living such as budget, system, blah.. ???????
will they happy or make thing worst???

i just dont know! it is very diffcult to figure out a whole thing in usa like that..

how many of you have own health insurance? as for me, NONE! i am at own risk! i have to be very very careful for what i eat or what i do or whatever thing happen to me.. just watch out...
<raise my hand> :Oops:

i know what is SICKO .... i havent see it yet.. someday.. yes i know europe has free health care thing mostly.. just like liebing say.. look at her..
no... it's not free...

now the big question is that health insurance will fits with usa's people 's living such as budget, system, blah.. ??????? will they happy or make thing worst???

i just dont know! it is very diffcult to figure out a whole thing in usa like that..
who knows.... but i can tell you that universal healthcare will not work in USA ever unless the concept of monetary economy is gone

jiro, isee! yea i am not surprise that many were not have any health insurance..

about not free .. you said.. i see i undy.. mm that means i have to do more research on it..

who knows.. you said.. isee but what does monetary economy mean? not sure ....

Sicko mentions how others with Universal Health Care are healthier than the USA. I can't remember why, but it's obvious that they can see a doctor regardless of their socioeconomic status. It's kind of disgusting to hear that we are such a wonderful country when our health coverage isn't wonderful.

Sicko mentioned that in Canada with prescriptions you do pay, but it's the same price for every Rx no matter what. I don't think it's a big deal if we got to pay a few things as long as it's priced at the expense of making companies rich.

Back