Unarmed Missouri teen shot by police sparks outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police may have cameras but keep in mind that civilians using their phone to record videos... news helicopter taking videos of the incident. News have police scanner to see the police activity and pursue to get the story... such as high speed pursuit.

OK, that is true . I am sure people where taking videos of this happening. It's so sad to see someone so young shot down like this.

When I was health aide I had to work in tough neighborhoods , my company gave police whistles to women that had clients there . I had to wear one when I saw a client in a tough neighborhood . Some health aides refuses to work in a tough neighborhood . I was in Delaware right after Dr. King was killed and I saw the damages that was cause by the riots ,the police cars everywhere and army tanks in the street .

Like I said, I got caught in the cross fires, watched from the front row seat during a shootout several times with gangs and police. I was in a house where someone stole someones stash of crack and watched it all unfold...
Dude grabbed his shotgun and had him pushed over a fence backwards by the barrel under his chin, and heres the scarey part...
Dude was calm as could be, said to the other guy ( on the shit end of the stick, "I dont care who is here watching me, i will blow your head clean off in front of every M.F. here" dude was serious as a heart attack. We packed up and hauled out for the day... upon returning the next day the dude appologized about the incident... but just to show, they dont care about anyone or anything around them. These people will flash their burners ( pistols) just to let you know " if you say anything or mess with me, ill take care of business"
We had an ex-cop on my crew, and you know how cops act and he did just that all the time. We were at one house and some drug dealings were going on, he had his little stance going and all. the boy looks at him and says " What? Are you a cop or something?" Then some words were exchanged and it got heated... we kept telling him to leave or shut it ( our co-worker ex cop) but he wouldnt, so the ole boy reaches in his pants and pulls out this 45 and says" Ill pop a cap in yo azz !" So now we were in a situation just because someone couldnt mind their own business, we are only there to help, not police the hood. Being I was the jobsite supervisor I was mad to begin with since I dont like having to deal with all the commotion, then the idiot calls some friends for help ( like he is still a cop getting backup ) funny thing is, they told him... youre SOL ! lol
But long story short, you cant change the mentality of the gangs, they have their ways set ( some want out but will get killed if word got out about that) but thug life is their ways and the police try to avoid that at all costs, but when something like this goes down in the hood, its hell to deal with from that point on.

that's irrelevant. Missouri does not have a strict gun control law. look at the pix in the link you showed us.... a bunch of people with serious firepower. why? because Missouri allows you to do it.... unlike NJ, CA, and NY. Problem solved. No big deal. All is well.

Now... the point is... look at DHB's comment -

HUH WHAT? Police taking advantage of stricter gun control law to increase their power?????? what does that have to do with a cop shooting at unarmed teen??????

That is the BIG question that nobody is answering.
Difference is law abiding citizens and thugs with guns...thats the difference with that picture...open your eyes a bit wider and you will see with common sense.

Difference is law abiding citizens and thugs with guns...thats the difference with that picture...open your eyes a bit wider and you will see with common sense.

what? so you're saying this teen was a thug with gun? I fail to see any single relevance to a cop shooting at unarmed teen. wow I can't believe NOBODY can or would answer that question.

I noticed there are apartments around/on that street so they may have video surveillance.

video survalience possibly with the store, but the apartments and whatever else there...they are too poor to own them or the buildings are in disrepair.

what? so you're saying this teen was a thug with gun? I fail to see any single relevance to a cop shooting at unarmed teen. wow I can't believe NOBODY can or would answer that question.

not saying he had a gun but the story states he went for the officers gun. So, if you are honest and clean, why would you have or go for a gun?

Jiro, come rent a place up north for a week, maybe less... youll understand.

not saying he had a gun but the story states he went for the officers gun. So, if you are honest and clean, why would you have or go for a gun?

that is the question but that's not where I'm getting at.

I'm talking SPECIFICALLY about DHB's comment - "The real problem is society demanded for gun control, police is actually taking advantage of that and used to increase their power. That is why its bad idea to have more gun controls."

from your link -
"We didn't want them coming in here and then running around with a bunch of free guns," Weinstein told Daily RFT when we arrive at the store around 12:30 a.m. this morning. Weinstein was outfitted with an assault rifle, pistol and tactical vest. Gutierrez cradled his own rifle in his hands.

Gutierrez, Weinstein and their group arrived to find thieves tearing through a Dollar General in the same strip mall that houses their business. Weinstein says the looters attempted moving toward the shop, but were scared off by the guns. Then the police arrived.

"There were like two SWAT vans, two dozen cop cars," said one woman. The cops apparently checked out the situation and then tore off to some other crisis.

1. clearly... Missouri does not have a strict gun control law
2. The teen was unarmed
3. The teen cannot own or carry a gun anyway - legally
4. The cop's story, crime scene, and witnesses' stories conflict with each other
5. What exactly happened???

clearly - this unfortunate incident has nothing to do with gun control law. this is the result of possible trigger-happy officer murdering a teen.

Jiro, come rent a place up north for a week, maybe less... youll understand.

huh? for............ what exactly? I think you're misunderstanding everything. FYI - I am staunch gun rights supporter. I am NRA member and I have guns and 3 CCW non-resident licenses which means I am licensed to carry in Missouri. I compete here and there in IDPA. I am against most gun control laws. But I am also against Charlie Bronson mentality, armed vigilantism, and being allowed to shoot at cop in self-defense.

so what exactly are you trying to tell me? that Missouri is full of police officers as outlaws?

that is the question but that's not where I'm getting at.

I'm talking SPECIFICALLY about DHB's comment - "The real problem is society demanded for gun control, police is actually taking advantage of that and used to increase their power. That is why its bad idea to have more gun controls."

from your link -

1. clearly... Missouri does not have a strict gun control law
2. The teen was unarmed
3. The teen cannot own or carry a gun anyway - legally
4. The cop's story, crime scene, and witnesses' stories conflict with each other
5. What exactly happened???

clearly - this unfortunate incident has nothing to do with gun control law. this is the result of possible trigger-happy officer murdering a teen.

Wrong...18 you can purchase a gun.
Illegally yes, anyone can have a firearm....12 y.o. can have one..wake up, laws were meant to be broken, isnt that what they say?

What we know about Michael Brown's shooting - CNN.com

Dorian Johnson told CNN affiliate KTVI that he and Brown were walking in the middle of the street, and the officer told them to use the sidewalk.
The two told the officer they were only a minute from their destination and that they'd soon be out of the street.

There was an exchange of words, witness Piaget Crenshaw told the station, and the officer exited his vehicle and fired a shot. Both teens ran, Crenshaw said.

Johnson told KTVI he hid behind a car, but Brown stopped after a second shot was fired. Brown held up his hands to show he wasn't armed, Johnson and Crenshaw said, and the officer shot him twice.

"(The officer) shot again and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air," Johnson told KMOV. "He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots."
I don't believe their story.

Illegally yes, anyone can have a firearm....12 y.o. can have one..wake up, laws were meant to be broken, isnt that what they say?

Not in Illinois you can't purchase one at 18. Have to be 21 or older to do so.

Jiro, Just rent in the area a week... it will change your viewpoint, when people live in a sheltered environment and dont see the real world up close and personal... you will shit your pants when exposed to it for the first time... i know I did taking the job i had, i had no clue what I gotten into... never been further north that 3 blocks from my house....lol

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
18-year-olds can buy handguns - Salon.com

The Gun Control Act of 1968 made it illegal for a gun dealer to sell handgun to anyone under the age of 21. “Sales of handguns and ammunition for handguns are limited to persons 21 years of age and older,” the ATF’s official Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide states.

Federal law prohibits firearms dealers from selling or delivering a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 18.

Federal law provides no age limitations with respect to the sale of a long gun or long gun ammunition by an unlicensed person.

Dealers are prohibited from selling or delivering firearms other than shotguns or rifles (e.g., handguns) or ammunition for those firearms to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 21.

Unlicensed persons may not sell, deliver or otherwise transfer a handgun or handgun ammunition to any person the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 18.

Exceptions are provided for temporary transfers made for specified activities, including employment, ranching, farming, target practice and hunting.

Federal law prohibits, with certain exceptions, the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18.

Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

Friends or so called friends will say anything... and this is probly not even a friend... it is a racially charged HATE Crime, so to set off a riot and others to become angry as NO ONE knows the truth, just what they hear.

Like this video..I seen. is he gay? But people say he is, only he is looking for a woman.... the way people act, what they say what they do...its all different, and there are several stories surrounding what the kid and cop did.... 3 sides to every story, yours/theirs and the truth !
* cant find video but just figuratly speaking*

Jiro, Just rent in the area a week... it will change your viewpoint, when people live in a sheltered environment and dont see the real world up close and personal... you will shit your pants when exposed to it for the first time... i know I did taking the job i had, i had no clue what I gotten into... never been further north that 3 blocks from my house....lol

dude. you still haven't answered my question. it changes nothing if I stay in there. I am aware of dangers and all.... that's why I am a staunch gun right supporter. we need to be able to defend ourselves.

if you wanna be all like that... why don't you come and stay in Camden (NJ) then? I've been to Camden several times and yes I've stayed overnights in there several times. I'm pretty damn sure that Missouri town is nothing comparable to Camden since Camden has #1 crime rate in USA. I shit in my pants everytime I get out of my car/house with no gun on me.

but that is completely irrelevant to this thread. focus focus focus! this is about a cop shooting at unarmed teen! DHB is claiming that gun control law is making cops more abusive and above the law that led to shooting unarmed teen. how so since Missouri's gun law is not strict? does DHB want law-abiding citizens to be able to shoot at rogue cops in self-defense?

dude. you still haven't answered my question. it changes nothing if I stay in there. I am aware of dangers and all.... that's why I am a staunch gun right supporter. we need to be able to defend ourselves.

but that is completely irrelevant to this thread. focus focus focus! this is about a cop shooting at unarmed teen! DHB is claiming that gun control law is making cops more abusive and above the law that led to shooting unarmed teen.

if you wanna be all like that... why don't you come and stay in Camden (NJ) then? I've been to Camden several times and yes I've stayed overnights in there several times. I'm pretty damn sure that Missouri town is nothing comparable to Camden since Camden has #1 crime rate in USA. I shit in my pants everytime I get out of my car/house with no gun on me.

I wouldn't go to Chicago's South Side for any reason whatsoever.... too dangerous.

Get the updates, i was just at the gun dealership the other day. Pistols 18..assault rifles 21, ammo 18

so if you can buy ammo at 18 whats the use of that if you can have a gun til 21?

cuz daddy got a gun for him. that's legal. a teen cannot just walk up to store and buy one.

Friends or so called friends will say anything... and this is probly not even a friend... it is a racially charged HATE Crime, so to set off a riot and others to become angry as NO ONE knows the truth, just what they hear.

Like this video..I seen. is he gay? But people say he is, only he is looking for a woman.... the way people act, what they say what they do...its all different, and there are several stories surrounding what the kid and cop did.... 3 sides to every story, yours/theirs and the truth !
* cant find video but just figuratly speaking*
No one can say that until after FBI investigates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back