UN Official Wants to Prosecute Bush, Rumsfeld for Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it liberals paint all conservatives with such a broad brush?

...because conseratives do the same thi ng to liberals?

Awwww...come on Reba. I thought you were proud to be a conservative! And you got your little dig in at liberals just a few minutes ago in the CIA thread.

Awwww...come on Reba. I thought you were proud to be a conservative! And you got your little dig in at liberals just a few minutes ago in the CIA thread.
I never say that all liberals do, say, or feel certain things, and I don't call all liberals ignorant, stupid, angry or nasty. I don't say that all liberals never learn.

I don't believe all liberals are bad, or that all conservatives are good. Liberal and conservative people are individuals. Neither liberals nor conservatives wear horns or halos.

I can disagree with liberal policies, and point out liberal politicians' mistakes without judging all liberal people.

Finally, my point wasn't to "dig" at liberals; my point was, if the theory that power positions attract imperfect people then that has to apply to conservatives and liberals equally, or else it's not a viable theory. I don't believe positions of power attract corrupt people only unless they seek power for power's sake only.

Both conservative and liberal people can be corrupt and power hungry.

sure tgey do, i can give you the names. of several ad'ers wjo insult liberals, so what's good for th goos e is good for the agander.
Some conservatives and some liberals are rude and judgmental, yes. But attitude isn't a result of political viewpoint; it's an individual trait or fault.

I never say that all liberals do, say, or feel certain things, and I don't call all liberals ignorant, stupid, angry or nasty. I don't say that all liberals never learn.

I don't believe all liberals are bad, or that all conservatives are good. Liberal and conservative people are individuals. Neither liberals nor conservatives wear horns or halos.

I can disagree with liberal policies, and point out liberal politicians' mistakes without judging all liberal people.

Finally, my point wasn't to "dig" at liberals; my point was, if the theory that power positions attract imperfect people then that has to apply to conservatives and liberals equally, or else it's not a viable theory. I don't believe positions of power attract corrupt people only unless they seek power for power's sake only.

Both conservative and liberal people can be corrupt and power hungry.

Fistly, I don't think you will find a single post where I used the word "all". Secondly, neither did I say that power positions attract imperfect people. Those would be your words. I prefer not to use such terms. They imply superiority.

Some conservatives and some liberals are rude and judgmental, yes. But attitude isn't a result of political viewpoint; it's an individual trait or fault.

htat may be true, but most conservative/s i'bve met have a holier than thouh attitude.

You haven't met the same ones that I have.

apparently not.

by rhe wat, i live in a conservatie neigihorhood and 95% of my neighvors have a negatyive atitude against liberals. i hear it all the time abou how liberrals re bleeinding herts who always want to raise taxes.

I understand that sometimes war is necessary to protect this country but torturing prisoners...I agree if they are terrorists and we want to get info from them but Banjo brought up a good point..what if they were innocent? I thought it was illegal to torture prisoners here in America so why is the law being broken over there?

Almost all innocent people were being falsely arrested, detained for years in torture camp without any charge, tried or convincted of being a terrorist.

This is criminal and illegal.

... Secondly, neither did I say that power positions attract imperfect people. Those would be your words. I prefer not to use such terms. They imply superiority.
You're right, you didn't use that phrase. I didn't have the post in front of me when I typed that. Here's the correction:

jillio said:
Originally Posted by Shadow
"Power corrupts."
Unfortunately, it would seem that way. And positions of power also seem to attract those that are least likely able to handle that power in a responsible manner.

You're right, you didn't use that phrase. I didn't have the post in front of me when I typed that. Here's the correction:

Yep, that's what I said. I was referring to personality traits, not imperfections.

Busted. Let me clarify. Why is it that all conservatives I have come in contact with so angry and nasty? There appears to be a correlation.
It still seems like a broad statement, and I know that it doesn't fit all conservative ADers that you've exchanged posts with.

"Why is it that all conservatives I have come in contact with so angry and nasty?"

I'm sorry if I've come across as angry and nasty because I don't mean to be that way to my fellow AD posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back