Two joints oppose Sorenson's reconsideration

I have my HOVRS purple number as my own 10-digital phone number. I want to put it in my VP200. I have few videophone (OJO, VPAD, MVP soon, etc.) . I should be one numbers in all of my VPs each room in my household.

you wanna use purple nubmer, get mvp problem is mvp annouce is pushed again and again and again when???? horvs is all talk more talk and more more talk built up phony address list and wwont work on vp

each vp must own local digit number and own ip address

four vp ojo mvp vpad vp200 mean four ip address and more confusy you smart?

you wanna use purple nubmer, get mvp problem is mvp annouce is pushed again and again and again when???? horvs is all talk more talk and more more talk built up phony address list and wwont work on vp

each vp must own local digit number and own ip address

four vp ojo mvp vpad vp200 mean four ip address and more confusy you smart?

Not necessary to have 4 IPs for outgoing calls.. Also I learned something new about my router function, I am not sure if this will work or not, I will need to do some testing.. The Dlink DGL-4500 got what it called "Inbound Filter" which if you use that with the Virtual server (port forward) and if you know common used IP address range that sorenson use or other VRS, you could use that incoming filter to specify which internal IP (VP) to forward the port.. That's my theory and I am going to try test it this week.

DirectVP number is a toll free number and it starts with 8xx not a local area code...

I have two real 10 digit numbers, both HOVRS Purple Number and My IP Relay Number. I had My IP Relay number for years then this year I got Purple number. both has local area code.

DirectVP is good for toll-free long distance hearing people can dial it is very easier to reach you on VP via relay interperter as free incoming call. DirectVP is a real phone number for NATIONWIDE calling area.

I have 3 different local phone numbers for MyIPRelay (text relay) as 3 different cities on AIM. I got local Purple number from HOVRS

CSDVRS dont need to update IP address. Just download MYVP.TV into computer. Then it will take care itself. Its already now intergrated with personal 800 #. Nice feature and reliable now.

Old system was using NO-IP address. That was pain in neck with free software 3rd party sending soon expiration of host name.

Now Myvp.tv will always update your ip address.

Sorenson videophone do update IP address. They used Proxy number same concept as Hostname but not work across.

I wish sorenson should have released... 1-555-222-3333.svp.tv.

That would have created less problem and confusion among the peers.

if you have No-ip address users you can add DDNS on your router and your router will do update for no-ip often to re-fresh automatically

You don't need to install your software in your computer.

Thank you, Richarddeaf. Someone told me that she may get 3g router. I never heard about it. Do you know about it. This router works with video conference? Hovrs customer care told me that MVP will work with 3g usb adapter????

I have Cradlepoint MBR1000 3G USB router with 4 port 10/100 LAN ethanet

Yea, you can get the Dyndns and I use the dynsdns service on my Dlink EBR-2310 router. it's automatically updating DNS addy.

why dyndns? Call Soresnon CIR and they will give you local nubmer

if someone who has a laptop to use HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 software with webcam can call to VP100/200/Dlink i2eye videophone through dyndns instead of IP address

I have laptop with HOVRS Videosign verison 2.5 to use Sprint Wireless Internet Service while I am on the train and I can call my friend's VP200.

also my friend have Sprint Wireless Internet Service with Cradlepoint MBR 1000 router to connect VP200 in friend's home

if someone who has a laptop to use HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 software with webcam can call to VP100/200/Dlink i2eye videophone through dyndns instead of IP address

I have laptop with HOVRS Videosign verison 2.5 to use Sprint Wireless Internet Service while I am on the train and I can call my friend's VP200.

also my friend have Sprint Wireless Internet Service with Cradlepoint MBR 1000 router to connect VP200 in friend's home

Right. the IP Address or DynDNS will no longer to use... just use phone number and that we are expecting that HOVRS should be done but I don't know when MVP be done due same pattern between SignHOVRS and MVP server

Zerdog, the reason why our purple number is still behind IP address due to Sorenson's delay and other VRS provider on Dec, 31, 2008. Sorenson had one more chance to fully make their 10 digit number functionally before June. If it wasn't for Sorenson's delay then we wouldn't have used IP address by now. Now you understand why. Our Purple number is under SIP server and works quite well as well as under IP address for a while untill all VRS provider 10 digit number work.

Last edited:
Zerdog, the reason why our purple number is still behind IP address due to Sorenson's delay and other VRS provider on Dec, 31, 2008. Sorenson had one more chance to fully make their 10 digit number functionally before June. If it wasn't for Sorenson's delay then we would have used IP address by now. Now you understand why. Our Purple number is under SIP server and works quite well as well as under IP address for a while untill all VRS provider 10 digit number work.

I do not understand what you mean... Are you sayin that you are waiting for Sorenson to get ready for y'all(VRS Provide) to get digit nbrs?? Sorenson already send all of User who are using for Sorenson that they requested Local Nbrs, DirectVp Nbrs, and Sorenson's vp Nbrs. Can you explain to us about Sorenson's delay and what did they responsible for 10 digit nbrs workin?

Fcc Dec. 30 release:

For existing users (for example, users who have been issued proxy numbers, or who
have been issued devices that connect with a provider’s service), the FCC has
established two time periods for the transition to the use of the new ten-digit numbers: a
three-month Registration Period, and a six-month Permissive Dialing Period.

Three-Month Registration Period. Because it may not be possible for all current VRS
and IP Relay users to register with a default provider by December 31, 2008, the FCC
has established a Registration Period to allow existing VRS and IP Relay users to
register with a default provider. Existing users may register with the provider of their
choice during the three-month period beginning December 31, 2008, and ending March
31, 2009.

Six-Month Permissive Dialing Period. Between December 31, 2008, and June 30, 2009,
VRS or IP Relay users who have received ten-digit geographic numbers may still receive
calls to their former “proxy” or “alias” numbers. Default providers will provide messages
notifying callers of their users’ new ten-digit geographic numbers and advising callers
that, after June 30, 2009, users may only be reached by dialing the new number.
(Please note that, after June 30, 2009, any toll-free number used to route VRS or IP
Relay calls must be directed to the appropriate ten-digit geographic number

Fcc Dec. 30 release:

For existing users (for example, users who have been issued proxy numbers, or who
have been issued devices that connect with a provider’s service), the FCC has
established two time periods for the transition to the use of the new ten-digit numbers: a
three-month Registration Period, and a six-month Permissive Dialing Period.

Three-Month Registration Period. Because it may not be possible for all current VRS
and IP Relay users to register with a default provider by December 31, 2008, the FCC
has established a Registration Period to allow existing VRS and IP Relay users to
register with a default provider. Existing users may register with the provider of their
choice during the three-month period beginning December 31, 2008, and ending March
31, 2009.

Six-Month Permissive Dialing Period. Between December 31, 2008, and June 30, 2009,
VRS or IP Relay users who have received ten-digit geographic numbers may still receive
calls to their former “proxy” or “alias” numbers. Default providers will provide messages
notifying callers of their users’ new ten-digit geographic numbers and advising callers
that, after June 30, 2009, users may only be reached by dialing the new number.
(Please note that, after June 30, 2009, any toll-free number used to route VRS or IP
Relay calls must be directed to the appropriate ten-digit geographic number

Oh yea?!?! So that's mean hearing people can view our called id, is that's what you mean? I keep tell Five VRS Provide that i want any hearing people can view my caller id like same SnapVrs Ojo and hearing people in their houses, you know? I hope they (any Vrs Provide) get ready before June 30, 2009! What if they not ready to do yet ... so FCC will give us more times then?

Oh yea?!?! So that's mean hearing people can view our called id, is that's what you mean? I keep tell Five VRS Provide that i want any hearing people can view my caller id like same SnapVrs Ojo and hearing people in their houses, you know? I hope they (any Vrs Provide) get ready before June 30, 2009! What if they not ready to do yet ... so FCC will give us more times then?

lilcueball - there is nothing in the statement talking about caller ID. Right now , VRS providers will be able to give out real phone numbers based on where you live and people will be able to figure out you live now based on the area code. OH yeah - and the last VRS provider you ask the 10 digit number from, that will be your DEFAULT VRS provider.

lilcueball - there is nothing in the statement talking about caller ID. Right now , VRS providers will be able to give out real phone numbers based on where you live and people will be able to figure out you live now based on the area code. OH yeah - and the last VRS provider you ask the 10 digit number from, that will be your DEFAULT VRS provider.

Oh ok, i am clearly understand!!

Back