Two joints oppose Sorenson's reconsideration

Thank you, Richarddeaf. Someone told me that she may get 3g router. I never heard about it. Do you know about it. This router works with video conference? Hovrs customer care told me that MVP will work with 3g usb adapter????

I have 3G EVDO USB, but it requires drivers.. If MVP support it with correct driver, it should work.. Keep in mind, you will need good upload speed in order for it to work correctly or otherwise interpreter will not be able to see you due to freezing.

The 3G router is excellent as it does WiFi as well which make compable with any wifi enabled device to work with it.. I suggest going to evdo-info.com website to learn more about it.

Soresnon already provide 911 2 year ago. i finish 911 on vp.

Dialing 911 on Sorenson only give you "priority" call on top of queue list. You still have to give CA the address, city/state you are so Sorenson can connect to correct point of public safety call center.. That is not true E911 calls... True E911 will automatic direct connect to correct 911 center based on address stored in your 10 digits profile just it is with VoIP. This only work well, if you keep that phone in one location. It has nothing to with IP.

While I applause HOVRS their hard works on getting this local 10 digits, but I am still not impressed with their video quality compared to Sorenson. Many time I get video broken blocks or pixels during most calls. I don't have this issue with Sorenson in most calls.. CSDVRS is 2nd best in video quality. That is why I am hoping to see Sorenson change their mind on opposing this new FCC 10 digits VRS rules.

Even with their DirectVP # (866#), its still useful, but they are still not "spooling" the caller ID with my DirectVP # when I make outgoing calls.. I prefer my own # to show up other caller's phone so they would know its me, not unknown caller or possibly thinking it is telemarketing calls.

While I applause HOVRS their hard works on getting this local 10 digits, but I am still not impressed with their video quality compared to Sorenson. Many time I get video broken blocks or pixels during most calls. I don't have this issue with Sorenson in most calls.. CSDVRS is 2nd best in video quality. That is why I am hoping to see Sorenson change their mind on opposing this new FCC 10 digits VRS rules.

Even with their DirectVP # (866#), its still useful, but they are still not "spooling" the caller ID with my DirectVP # when I make outgoing calls.. I prefer my own # to show up other caller's phone so they would know its me, not unknown caller or possibly thinking it is telemarketing calls.

sorenson has patent video compression 30 fps only bewteen soresnon vp. if not soresnon vp, go down to 25 fps h.323 quality. that why non soresnon vp suck. no matter how hard u try same low quality

videoquality have nothing to do with 10 dig nubmer you knw damn well

why jump conclusion here on AD?

sorenson has patent video compression 30 fps only bewteen soresnon vp. if not soresnon vp, go down to 25 fps h.323 quality. that why non soresnon vp suck. no matter how hard u try same low quality

videoquality have nothing to do with 10 dig nubmer you knw damn well

why jump conclusion here on AD?

Not jumping conclusion here, I know video quality has nothing to do with 10 digit numbers.. The point I was making is that I want to continue to use Sorenson due to their best video quality and I want to have "portable" local 10 digits number like FCC rules required. I hope FCC will deny Sorenson's request to reconsider the rules.

I have nothing against other VRS - I just want true # portablity and best video quality.. I have 2 VRS phones and I want to use ONE local # just like cell phone.. Just like cell phone, if I am out of office, and I want to forward calls to my home VRS.

two choice? you have authority talk like this?

Excuse me, I am current use the 10 digital numbers and the DirectVP with Sorenson. They are giving you two choice that you are able use only 10 digital number or prefer DirectVP or BOTH.

gee...:shock:

Excuse me, I am current use the 10 digital numbers and the DirectVP with Sorenson. They are giving you two choice that you are able use only 10 digital number or prefer DirectVP or BOTH.

gee...:shock:

Are you referring to 10 digits "Proxy" number and 10 digits "world number" (DirectVP)?

Are you referring to 10 digits "Proxy" number and 10 digits "world number" (DirectVP)?

How many time I have to repeat and repeat and repeat and to everyone.

I have myself use Sorenson videophone, its 10 digital number and the DirectVP like 866 numbers. Again, if you don't believe me, why not you call technical support and find out.:ugh3:

I am sorry the way I type like this beside, if you want proof. All you do is ask technical support and ask about 10 digital number and how the 911 works.

I have myself use Sorenson videophone, its 10 digital number and the DirectVP like 866 numbers. Again, if you don't believe me, why not you call technical support and find out.:ugh3:

I am sorry the way I type like this beside, if you want proof. All you do is ask technical support and ask about 10 digital number and how the 911 works.

go to vp200 settings, user, and tell me what is words before the phone number?

exapmle
name john doe
email address me@alldeaf.com
_____ ______ 801 223 3422
directvp nubmer 866 231 2321

Just calm down!! No one is doubting you, you just need to be clear - I was simply confirming what you said.. I have 2 numbers on my VP as well, both proxy and true 10 digits numbers (DirectVP)..

However, the proxy (fake) 10 digit # is not a true number, it is not true 10 digit dialing.. DirectVP is true 10 digit #.. Proxy # is fine for VP to VP, but not ideal for hearing people calling VP as you can't even use that proxy # to call your VP from wireless or wireline phones.

This is ONE of the reason that Sorenson want to avoid using real numbers as it is much more expensive system than proxy numbers.. Proxy numbers is very similar to domain name server but use LDAP.

Just calm down!! No one is doubting you, you just need to be clear - I was simply confirming what you said.. I have 2 numbers on my VP as well, both proxy and true 10 digits numbers (DirectVP)..

However, the proxy (fake) 10 digit # is not a true number, it is not true 10 digit dialing.. DirectVP is true 10 digit #.. Proxy # is fine for VP to VP, but not ideal for hearing people calling VP as you can't even use that proxy # to call your VP from wireless or wireline phones.

This is ONE of the reason that Sorenson want to avoid using real numbers as it is much more expensive system than proxy numbers.. Proxy numbers is very similar to domain name server but use LDAP.

Okay, I am sorry. :(

I am just telling the truth, I understand your point about proxy. My family or even my current job use that local number is easier to contact because they felt comfortable that doesn't charge me which it doesn't billed me.. it billed to Sorenson. Anyway... I didn't realized about wireless part... Thanks for explain about that part which I wasn't aware...

Truth. Many deafies have complained to need vitual phone numbers instead of ip address from any videophone like OJO, Dlink i2eye, etc to Sorenson VP. They disliked that DSL's public ip address always be changed in few days instead of DDSN.org.

Sorenson and Dlink have own different directory services. That is not good. Must be open directory like telephone white pages and yellow pages.

I understand about sorenson s report. Sorenson should be both of Directvp and new 10-digital numbers. not more proxy number. I beileve that they should require all customer to register new NAPN and trash out old proxy number.

I have my HOVRS purple number as my own 10-digital phone number. I want to put it in my VP200. I have few videophone (OJO, VPAD, MVP soon, etc.) . I should be one numbers in all of my VPs each room in my household.

I have my HOVRS purple number as my own 10-digital phone number. I want to put it in my VP200. I have few videophone (OJO, VPAD, MVP soon, etc.) . I should be one numbers in all of my VPs each room in my household.

bad luck! what make you think you have horvs nubmer on sorensnon vp200? watch out! just call soresnon 800-659-4781

If you are saying you want the same number for each VP, it is not going to work. You can only have one unique local phone number for each device. Think of it this way, can you put the same number in each Blackberry Device? You cannot. VPs are going to be the same way.

I understand about sorenson s report. Sorenson should be both of Directvp and new 10-digital numbers. not more proxy number. I beileve that they should require all customer to register new NAPN and trash out old proxy number.

Correct. No more proxy number.

so why r you whinnying about?

Back