Two joints oppose Sorenson's reconsideration

Are you sure? No one is first...

Yes I am sure...

CSDVRS came out with the program called Freedom. When Sorenson opened the ports in June 2006, CSDVRS came out with personal 800 #. They were first to create the concept of 10 digits and bypass the relay number. No more telling and explaining two numbers... just one number. CSDVRS was first.

As today, I still have the original personal 800 # from CSDVRS. I was probability first 1,000 out of many they have now given.

Sorenson only came out vp direct as few months ago. its very recently and copy concept. However, Sorenson clever to use the concept and integrated with their product. There no copyright issue because under FCC.

FCC ruling came from CSDVRS with help of GoAmerica and other VRS. That how they climb and focus on Deaf's need.

I did see IP relay creating similar personal 800 number but via AIM program. They were first to use local number. I used to have a number under IP but stopped using it.

Yes I am sure...

CSDVRS came out with the program called Freedom. When Sorenson opened the ports in June 2006, CSDVRS came out with personal 800 #. They were first to create the concept of 10 digits and bypass the relay number. No more telling and explaining two numbers... just one number. CSDVRS was first.

As today, I still have the original personal 800 # from CSDVRS. I was probability first 1,000 out of many they have now given.

Sorenson only came out vp direct as few months ago. its very recently and copy concept. However, Sorenson clever to use the concept and integrated with their product. There no copyright issue because under FCC.

FCC ruling came from CSDVRS with help of GoAmerica and other VRS. That how they climb and focus on Deaf's need.

I did see IP relay creating similar personal 800 number but via AIM program. They were first to use local number. I used to have a number under IP but stopped using it.

Okay,

The answer is wrong... it begin the first ten digital number is way way way way back in our time. TTY is first....

Now... About the CSDVRS, tell me how do you set up the toll free number, does it require to update the IP Address if the IP Address is change due power outage or whatever reason, how does it update?

The big different between Sorenson and the Purple. The purple has to update IP Address such like other old time and still alive? :eek3: Hope that answer to your question...:D

I got that Sorenson's 10 digital numbers and it work as smooth... I use both DirectVP and 10 digital numbers. Reason, keep free long distance from my family out state to reach me.

Again, if you want one. Simple, call technical support and they will give you one again, they will explain several thing about 10 digital number which nice benefit and look forward their new feature come out but when the new feature come out than 10 digital number, I hope answer machine or easy to reach instead of people who doesn't have computer to contact tech support for further help.

I had purple number, it turn me off... why.. I can't dial again with HOVRS, I have to do over and over... The phone number more than 10 digital number, yea.. long number?!?!

Anyway... I don't understand why other VRS so total against Sorenson that moment. I did asked them when did the develop start, they say a year ago to do testing ensure that proper system function for our videophone system.

So, I am not giving you my 10 digital number if you want my proof. Again, yes Sorenson does have 10 digital numbers.

CSDVRS dont need to update IP address. Just download MYVP.TV into computer. Then it will take care itself. Its already now intergrated with personal 800 #. Nice feature and reliable now.

Old system was using NO-IP address. That was pain in neck with free software 3rd party sending soon expiration of host name.

Now Myvp.tv will always update your ip address.

Sorenson videophone do update IP address. They used Proxy number same concept as Hostname but not work across.

I wish sorenson should have released... 1-555-222-3333.svp.tv.

That would have created less problem and confusion among the peers.

CSDVRS dont need to update IP address. Just download MYVP.TV into computer. Then it will take care itself. Its already now intergrated with personal 800 #. Nice feature and reliable now.

Old system was using NO-IP address. That was pain in neck with free software 3rd party sending soon expiration of host name.

Now Myvp.tv will always update your ip address.

Sorenson videophone do update IP address. They used Proxy number same concept as Hostname but not work across.

I wish sorenson should have released... 1-555-222-3333.svp.tv.

That would have created less problem and confusion among the peers.

That correct, but installed the software on my computer. I do not wish to install, what if the computer is down and couldn't update the next IP Address? I rather separate machine between videophone device and the desktop or the laptop.

About the phone number, I wouldn't like that such as 836-649-7984.mvp.tv, I rather just as regular number than that...

Who invented the 10 digit concept?

Its definitely not Sorenson.

I first noticed real 10 digit number offered by "MY IP RELAY" so I applied for it and got a 10 digit number over a year ago. Maybe I had it for almost 2 year now or so ..

But I don't know who invented the 10 digit concept but I just know I gotten mine from "MY IP RELAY" when I didn't see any other VRS offering it.

That correct, but installed the software on my computer. I do not wish to install, what if the computer is down and couldn't update the next IP Address? I rather separate machine between videophone device and the desktop or the laptop.

About the phone number, I wouldn't like that such as 836-649-7984.mvp.tv, I rather just as regular number than that...

They dont use that # at all... You can use call based name.

Joecool.myvp.tv which will still connect to their vp.

Right. Sorenson have directVP number. not local phone number and not real 10-digit phone number.

Your IP relay number for using text mobile only.

DirectVP is a real 10 digit number because when hearing people dial it goes to relay which know who it for.

That the real purpose of deaf 10 digit number, call goes to relay in which relay contact you using either TXT or VRS.

Now the new 10 digit number is a number that goes BOTH WAYS ...

Hearing person dial that number will go ->Txt or VRS Relay -> You but if deaf person dial it on video phone then it will go -> You "not to relay" because system know it coming from video phone not hearing phone ....

I first noticed real 10 digit number offered by "MY IP RELAY" so I applied for it and got a 10 digit number over a year ago. Maybe I had it for almost 2 year now or so ..

But I don't know who invented the 10 digit concept but I just know I gotten mine from "MY IP RELAY" when I didn't see any other VRS offering it.

Perhaps... CSDVRS first to use on VRS while MY IP Relay is first text relay?

2006 was the year both had the service.

I just hope that the new 10 digit number VRS system is using something sort like SIP services so there no need to set up "forwarding ip" or router forwarding port etc. Using SIP allow you to make call from any provider without restriction and more than 1 device can be use on same modem etc because it will forward to the correct device by SIP.

It similar to what some VRS companies is doing right now but with their own server that when VP is connect to it it acknowledge your current ip address and save your address info and phone number list on it. And they can reach you by simple fake 10 digit number.

I believe that what other competive VRS companies is trying to block it because they would no longer have the power to control the central server and it will have to be set up and run inpdentencely to be used by all relay from different companies

DirectVP is a real 10 digit number because when hearing people dial it goes to relay which know who it for.

That the real purpose of deaf 10 digit number, call goes to relay in which relay contact you using either TXT or VRS.

Now the new 10 digit number is a number that goes BOTH WAYS ...

Hearing person dial that number will go ->Txt or VRS Relay -> You but if deaf person dial it on video phone then it will go -> You "not to relay" because system know it coming from video phone not hearing phone ....

Not true. Sorenson DirectVP number is not NAPN. need area code for e911 service access.

Not true. Sorenson DirectVP number is not NAPN. need area code for e911 service access.

Actually, ONLY Sorenson give you two choice or have BOTH. It still match on 911 system, not E911. So Sorenson did is without E911... Just 911 because it doesn't to give them an address as what all VRS say expect Sorenson.. So I just simple dial 911 and from there it will pop up their system.

DirectVP or 10 digital number work on 911 with Sorenson. Sorenson is giving you two choice...

Remember, not everyone has a computer. That is not going to work for everyone. :roll:

I work for wireless company as switch technician - I know Sorenson can do these items including E911 but problem is it is very expensive to implement these. One biggest cost is vendor software licensing and maintenance, usually is billed per number/call usage. Also, E911 is serious paperwork nightmare - if you make a minor change to configuration, you must file reports with E911 and upstream providers. In wireless world, if you make changes at tower base such as power level, add new freq capacity, we have to file with FCC and city's public safety (e911).

Personally, I think "greed" come to my mind as they don't want to lose millions (i am talking about tens of millions) to implement and license fees. Since they are getting public funds, they ought to obey reasonable rules by FCC.. So far everything FCC say is reasonable as wireless/wire line have these features for many years.

Come on Sorenson!

RichardDeaf, Good question about 911. I believe that Sorenson might lost millions if FCC rule and order follow 10-digit numbers.

I will contact you in PM that some member have problem with ATT 3G airbus which won't work with Hovrs VideoSign 2.5 and Viable Vision.

I will contact you in PM that some member have problem with ATT 3G airbus which won't work with Hovrs VideoSign 2.5 and Viable Vision.

I don't work for ATT and I do not know their network and they are using GSM.. I work different carrier, ALLTEL, that use CDMA..

Keep in mind that most carriers are blocking VoIP and certain ports for high bandwidth apps. You might end up violating ATT's TOS (term of service) for using VRS on their network since VRS use video streaming.. Also they have bandwidth limitation. Most 3G sites only have 1 or 2 T1 (3Mbps) capacity which must be shared with other customers - therefore these limitations (This is why most carriers limits 5GB/months). ALLTEL does not have this limitation TOS yet, but probably will once we merge with verizon next year.

I don't work for ATT and I do not know their network and they are using GSM.. I work different carrier, ALLTEL, that use CDMA..

Keep in mind that most carriers are blocking VoIP and certain ports for high bandwidth apps. You might end up violating ATT's TOS (term of service) for using VRS on their network since VRS use video streaming.. Also they have bandwidth limitation. Most 3G sites only have 1 or 2 T1 (3Mbps) capacity which must be shared with other customers - therefore these limitations (This is why most carriers limits 5GB/months). ALLTEL does not have this limitation TOS yet, but probably will once we merge with verizon next year.

Thank you, Richarddeaf. Someone told me that she may get 3g router. I never heard about it. Do you know about it. This router works with video conference? Hovrs customer care told me that MVP will work with 3g usb adapter????

Remember, not everyone has a computer. That is not going to work for everyone. :roll:

I am aware of that not everyone own a computer at home. Sometime it make me wonder, why have high speed internet and dont have computer to use? But that common for deaf senior citizens who are computer illiterate.

Back