tuesday's presidential inauguration

I have to work so we are taking our students to the dorms to watch Obama be sworn in at 11 AM and then we will have a pizza party with our students. I wouldnt want to go cuz of the cold. My hubby is off as he works for the Federal Govt.

I have to work so we are taking our students to the dorms to watch Obama be sworn in at 11 AM and then we will have a pizza party with our students. I wouldnt want to go cuz of the cold. My hubby is off as he works for the Federal Govt.

sounds like a fun day for you and your students!

nika,

there was a song back in the 80s by elton john called "nikita." i absolutely loved that song. now every time i hear it, guess who i'm going to think of? <smile>

Ooh ooh let me guess. Khrushchev? Hehe. <wink>

sounds like a fun day for you and your students!

We dont know if a lot of students will be out that day cuz the buses may get stuck in traffic. Already, alert bulletins are being put up on the highways about Tuesday's traffic especially on 95 and 495...gonna be interesting.

We dont know if a lot of students will be out that day cuz the buses may get stuck in traffic. Already, alert bulletins are being put up on the highways about Tuesday's traffic especially on 95 and 495...gonna be interesting.

oh, wow. i didn't even think about traffic and how awful that will be. yikes!

hi everyone,

how many of you are looking forward to tuesday's presidential inauguration? i know i am! i wish i could be in washington d.c. in person! i'd pay any price to go! :D

will any of you be watching the coverage on tv? i know i'll be glued to the cable news networks and may even videotape it if i can get my sister to hook up my vcr to the tv before then.

how about you? will any of you be going to the inauguration yourselves? (lucky you! :))

My sister is going there, she left for DC today. Lucky her!

i will watch presidential inguration on tuesday if im miss i will setup my dvr to remind

Metro is gonna be a complete madhouse, I can't even imagine. I just hope the WMATA has their stuff together. I'm sure they are prepared to a certain extent but there's just no telling how it's really going to go.

I put my name in my state senates lottery for tickets and I won. Unfortunately I cannot make it to DC! I gave them away just yesterday but I cannot wait to watch it on TV!

Interestingly enough, many ADers thought $50 million was too much money for an inauguration four years ago.

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/13409-bush-pays-too-much-his-own-party-p.html

But Obama's inauguration might cost up to $150 million!

Costly price tag for Obama inauguration - Inauguration- msnbc.com

President Bush even had to declare a state of emergency for Obama's inauguration.

Bush declares emergency for inauguration - Inauguration- msnbc.com

Yea, that's too much money. I dont approve of the wasteful spending but I wonder if the cost is higher due to needing more security>

I am very much looking forward to it. I will be commemorating the innauguration by watching it with a few good friends in the comfort of my home.

Yea, that's too much money. I dont approve of the wasteful spending but I wonder if the cost is higher due to needing more security>

this is what i'm thinking as well. we live in a very different world today and need to take all necessary measures to prevent terrorism.

More security due to the fact that there are going to be a record number of people in Washington DC witnessing this historic event.

Maybe more security...maybe because the price of everything has increased under the president that only spent $50 million on his.:giggle:

And like Byrdie said, the record crowds that will be turning out to witness the historical event.

I live 10 minutes away from the inauguration, and I will be there with friends to see Obama in my naked-eyes. I will not stay too long because of what I heard from some sources that there will be a major delay in metro, it will take me about 3 hours to get home from Metro if I stay in there until end. Forget it!

If you wonder why don't I drive, because all major roads in DC will be closed.

Back