tuesday's presidential inauguration

Maybe more security...maybe because the price of everything has increased under the president that only spent $50 million on his.:giggle:

that's small change in his eyes, jillio. :lol:

There are 240,000 ticketed people. And who knows how many more. And they said they're cutting off people from the secure area after 300,000 go through the two security megadomes. There are so many people that everything is being called "mega-this" and "jumbo-that"--today was the first time I ever heard the term "jumbotron."

I'm so excited for Tuesday! Today we had a dinner after the concert. There was just so much energy in the air!

And I got to meet Peter Yarrow from the folk band, Peter Paul and Mary. (I'm a folk guitarist). I wish AD could be here in D.C. to feel the electricity!

There are 240,000 ticketed people. And who knows how many more. And they said they're cutting off people from the secure area after 300,000 go through the two security megadomes. There are so many people that everything is being called "mega-this" and "jumbo-that"--today was the first time I ever heard the term "jumbotron."

I'm so excited for Tuesday! Today we had a dinner after the concert. There was just so much energy in the air!

And I got to meet Peter Yarrow from the folk band, Peter Paul and Mary. (I'm a folk guitarist). I wish AD could be here in D.C. to feel the electricity!

nika,

pardon my ignorance, but what is a "jumbotron?" i've never heard of that word before.

nika,

pardon my ignorance, but what is a "jumbotron?" i've never heard of that word before.

No worries, I didn't hear it till today either. It's a huge television screen designed to be viewed by millions of people from great distances.

I am staying home and I am going to tape the inauguration if it will be broadcasted on regular TV (I have no cable, boo hoo). I already bought the blank tape last week. I just need to find out what time it will be broadcasted and on what channel first.

I put my name in my state senates lottery for tickets and I won. Unfortunately I cannot make it to DC! I gave them away just yesterday but I cannot wait to watch it on TV!

You could have put the tickets on ebay and gotten a huge shitload of money for the tickets!

Not me. I wouldn't like the crowds and the cold. Um, no thanks. I'd rather stay home and watch and tape it on TV.

i don't like crowds either (they make me manic and nervous) or the cold, but i'd still love to see obama in person. maybe if he ever comes to milwaukee, i can score some tickets.

No worries, I didn't hear it till today either. It's a huge television screen designed to be viewed by millions of people from great distances.

thanks, nika. i'm glad i'm not the only one who never heard of a "jumbotron" before. <giggle>

thanks, nika. i'm glad i'm not the only one who never heard of a "jumbotron" before. <giggle>

I believe the jumbotrons are like those big TVs that they have at the major hockey and basketball games that they have on the ceiling.

I believe the jumbotrons are like those big TVs that they have at the major hockey and basketball games that they have on the ceiling.

oh, okay. now i understand what a "jumbotron" is. for whatever reason, i've never heard of them being called by that name.

oh, okay. now i understand what a "jumbotron" is. for whatever reason, i've never heard of them being called by that name.

Same here. I never heard that term before the Inauguration. (Might be related to the fact I've never attended a sports event.)

Same here. I never heard that term before the Inauguration. (Might be related to the fact I've never attended a sports event.)

i don't know why i never heard the term. it could be because of the fact that i enjoy listening to sports on the radio and i've never heard them mention anything about "jumbotrons." perhaps if i had watched sports on tv instead, i would have.

Sony's Jumbotron has been around since 1985.

Sony's Jumbotron has been around since 1985.

...and i've never heard of that word all this time? i was 14 or 15 when sony had a jumbotron. hmmm. i guess i was too busy partying as a teenager to notice. :giggle:

You were a party animal, Hear Again? Wow, never would have pegged you as one.

Because you remind me of myself in a lot of ways and I am far from party animal material. But I guess I was wrong! <laughs>

don't let my love of learning and sense of curiosity fool you. <giggle>

...and yes, you were wrong. <laugh>

Back