Too Fat to Receive Sentence

This prisoner has claimed he's too fat to get his vein punctured by the needles but surely, there are different ways to have an access to the veins - for one, they use a peripheral intravenous central catheter. There are a lot of different alternative drugs that can just be as lethal as the ones they use for the executions. The weight is not an issue as much as the prisoner likes to think.

Agree with you completely, Jolie. That was my first reaction when I heard this story on the news a few days ago. Although I do not support cpaital punishment, this particular argument for stay of the execution is nothing more than lawyers grasping at last ditch efforts when they have nothing substantial to present.

or send him to Iran and hang on car crane on public area, people can see... wow, really fatty American guy got hanged...

Originally Posted by BradB08
This is what gets me about people who refuse to look at killers, rapists, etc as human beings who have royally fucked up. Instead, we get the same old "monster!" argument that's usually followed with the methods people would use to kill the guy.

Me? I prefer to look at people and try to figure out where they went wrong. I'm a strong believer in rehab, even if it doesn't always work.

Also, sometimes people who were abused in their lives, end up abusing others.

Flame away. I'm just not a believer in the death penalty and the draconian methods of punishment that folks are coming up with.

:gpost: It mean that they are also murder, too if they sentence the monsters to death. This is not right punishment but venganence. Sentence monsters life in prison is a right punishment.

Why don't they try reducing the dosage of the medicine in a safe manner and up the dosage of the stuff to put him to sleep, to make sure it works painlessly?

The gas chamber isn't popular because of the danger of leaks and it's a slow and sucky way to die. It also brings back memories of how Hitler killed people.

The quickest way I can think of for killing someone instantly with no pain is to do stuff that happens too fast for the person to register it. One way might be leaving the person unprotected at ground zero of a nuclear weapon detonation, but that's not going to be done just to get rid of individual people unless they're gathered up to make better use of nuclear resources.

Another way would be to have something large moving really fast slam into the person, like a really large object from space would. But I think anything we could build would leave a bloody mess, rather than completely destroy the body like a rock the size of the dinosaur killer would.

The advantage of methods that entail the complete destruction of the body would be the lack of the body as evidence against you in wrongful death suits if you kill someone innocent. But a glassed over field or a crater melt pool could be be circumstantial evidence against you.

Well...if they arent going to kill him, at least he'll never leave prison.

Why don't they just shoot people in the head like they do in China to get it over with?

I read this story earlier today and just rolled my eyes. :roll: Talk about ridiculous.

Such nonsense.

Just stick him in the electric chair and let him fry--the extra fat will just add extra sizzle.

I agree with Reba. I don't care how fat he is, even if he is 1,000 pounds, he still needs to pay for what he did. He raped women, and he needs to pay for it. Fry his ass!

i can't help it but did he smell like bacon at the end?

oh.... then.... I wonder if they used XXXL syringe.....

The weight would have compressed his veins, not expanded them. They would have needed a smaller needle, not a larger one.

Back