Too Fat to Receive Sentence

That reminds me of those prisoners who would gain weight to avoid hangings. :roll:

What wrong with gun? Just aim head and boom headshot!

Just shoot him behind his neck. Enuff said. I am tired of seeing death row inmates use up appeal processes to delay their executions almost forever. If they require DNA testing to determine whether they are innocent or not, I will be okay with it.

Just shoot him behind his neck. Enuff said. I am tired of seeing death row inmates use up appeal processes to delay their executions almost forever. If they require DNA testing to determine whether they are innocent or not, I will be okay with it.

Isn't that cruel punishment?

Isn't that cruel punishment?

Just letting you know since I've been shot five times, contrary to TV and the movies, being shot doesn't hurt initially.

The most I've ever felt was an electric tingle, even when bones in the leg and foot were broken. Of course the wounds began to hurt after 45 minutes and recovery was hell . . . but my experience and the experience of other wounded I've spoken to shows bullets to the heart would produce a painless death.

Send him to Iraq he can get exercise walking the sides of the roads and oops if he steps on a land mine :laugh2:

and the death of the two women he murdered wasn't excruciating?? WTF?

I say if found guilty, you should be executed the same way you killed your victims.

Dixie, OMG I SO agree! I'm sorry, but I honestly think that this piece of scum needs to experiance what his victims experianced. He needs to be beaten and raped every single day of his life.

Unfortunately, I can see both sides, but then, I have always been a bit of a fence sitter. Since we all know there have been cases where the wrong person has been convicted of a crime, the Death Penalty is a touchy subject. Add people's versions of morality, religion and the like and you have a real powder keg.
With this guy, it is not just the weight, but his health and the medicines given to him to improve his health that come into question. If, indeed, the drugs he takes will make the injection that puts him under ("to sleep") before the lethal doses are administered ineffective, then yes, it is inhuman.
Yes, I know the argument about "is it any more inhumane than what he did to his victims?" but..two wrongs don't make a right.
If, in the legal system, he has been condemned to death, being "too fat" should not come in to play. After all, there are other drugs that can be used to achieve the same results as the most often used one. Whether the law is just or not, why should he be treated any differently than any one else under the same set of laws?

I don't think the death penalty works and I refuse to support such a barbaric punishment.

If you really want to punish rapists and child molesters, put them in general population in prison. The prisoners take really "good" care of scumbags like that.

It couldn't do it due unusual and cruel pushment that banned under 8th amendment.

Back