Toddler Harness

oh, they're real.

Oh yes, I know they are real.

Yes CyberRed, I'm with you on this. Like what I said in my post #28.

CyberRed said:
I know they are real, but I still don't believe in puttin' a harness on a child. As for me, it's important to communicate with a child to understand what's safety and what's not. Show the child a picture of missin' children poster. And, have that child to stay closer to its mother/or father at all times. If, a child don't like to walk all the time or somethin'... let her sit in a stroller and have mother or father to stroll it. It must stay with mother or father at all times - never walk away from it. Use your common sense to be sure that this child understands, if not - tell that child to feel free to ask, if not understand. It's important for that child to be aware of the situation nowsdays.

That's like tellin' that child never talk to stranger or answer the door. Teach the child what a parent knows.
[sarcasm]I'm so glad you were able to catch the obvious sarcasm in my previous post[/sarcasm] Many children suffer from ADHD before the age of 5. Unfortunately, medications are only approved for children ages 5+. These children often are not easily controlled by such measures and their safety should be the main priority when in public.

I know they are real, but I still don't believe in puttin' a harness on a child. As for me, it's important to communicate with a child to understand what's safety and what's not. Show the child a picture of missin' children poster. And, have that child to stay closer to its mother/or father at all times. If, a child don't like to walk all the time or somethin'... let her sit in a stroller and have mother or father to stroll it. It must stay with mother or father at all times - never walk away from it. Use your common sense to be sure that this child understands, if not - tell that child to feel free to ask, if not understand. It's important for that child to be aware of the situation nowsdays.

That's like tellin' that child never talk to stranger or answer the door. Teach the child what a parent knows.

You think a one or a two years old would understand all of this?....:eek3: I think some people here thinks we are using a harness on a teenager

I understand if some parents don't like to use a harness on their toddlers ( 1 to 3 years old ) then fine, but don't tell us how to be a parents here or what should have been done...

Oh yes, I know they are real.

Actually Eve was making a joke when CyberRed said " I don't believe in a toddler harness ", then Eve said " Oh they're REAL "....get it? :lol: I thought it was funni, sorry.. *ducks*

I used to think that toddler harness on a child is like walking with a dog. I would take offense because children aren't animals it's humiliating and wrong. I never uses a toddler harness when my children were in their toddler years. But, after reading this entire thread, I do understand parent's point of keeping their child safe by using a harness and reins which is a good idea, keeping them by your sides in crowded or dangerous places such as traffic street or walking across the street.

Don't get me wrong, I know how toddlers can be with them running around and parents like us have to chase them around, and even having to tell them to stand by your side while going shopping they end up getting bored SO fast. I can understand all that, I have no problem with putting my toddler in my shopping cart if I see him start running off and not listening or disobeying me. but that's me, You as a parents can do whatever you feel is right for your own child. ;)

You think a one or a two years old would understand all of this?....:eek3: I think some people here thinks we are using a harness on a teenager

I understand if some parents don't like to use a harness on their toddlers ( 1 to 3 years old ) then fine, but don't tell us how to be a parents here or what should have been done...

You kept tendin' " You think " - Gee, I didn't say I THINK. I know from my own experience and I am mother of my own 4 children. I know what I am talkin' about. Children learn how to talk from the age of 1 and they can learn through teachin'. Use your common sense.

And, now lastly - I don't tell you how to be a parent or what should have been done.

Actually Eve was making a joke when CyberRed said " I don't believe in a toddler harness ", then Eve said " Oh they're REAL "....get it? :lol: I thought it was funni, sorry.. *ducks*

I don't care if, she was makin' a joke. You can make fun of all you want.

You kept tendin' " You think " - Gee, I didn't say I THINK. I know from my own experience and I am mother of my own 4 children. I know what I am talkin' about. Children learn how to talk from the age of 1 and they can learn through teachin'. Use your common sense.

And, now lastly - I don't tell you how to be a parent or what should have been done.

Umm....I'm just asking you a simple question as " Do you THINK that a one or two years old would understand all of this? " all you had to do was answer it, if you didn't want to, then don't, I apologize if I upset ya there....

Peace out!

Oh Brother..

Please everyone respect their own decision..
So whatever you're willing say to them " Oh you're stupid parent.. I don't care you can call me STUPID.. because I'm prevouis using wrist toddler Harness..

Make my day...
I think you have no respect parent whoever feel secure and safe closer their children surrodings protection. I think I should call you... You're stupid parent because you're not even pay attention .. Oh my dear, your kid is running away far distance from your spot... Poor you overworked hard...
Should I say ? Heck no..
Mind you please respect their POV... don't dare you bring full of bubble soap into their mouth!

*roll my eyes up*
Cannot believe my own eyes seeing you guys are still disagree each others.. (chuckles) let me guess.. I think I should eat.... :popcorn: Hey yo, don't stop debate.. Let me enjoy view yours.... Do you care?

CyberRed said:
Nobody is judging the way you chose to raise your children. However, not all children are alike. Maybe your children were able to comprehend more and were able to control themselves better than other children. And, that sometimes is more due to genetic makeup than the way their parents are raising them. What may work for one child, may not work for another.

[sarcasm]I'm so glad you were able to catch the obvious sarcasm in my previous post[/sarcasm] Many children suffer from ADHD before the age of 5. Unfortunately, medications are only approved for children ages 5+. These children often are not easily controlled by such measures and their safety should be the main priority when in public.

Yes, I can understand - but, not all of them have that ADHD. If, they have a problem w/ ADHD, then their parents have a good reason to use harness on their child, if there's no option.

But, my children don't have that ADHD and they can learn through teachin'. I know some parents don't like to teach their children ( the ones who don't have ADHD ) and they prefer to put a harness on their child to less their work/responsibility.

I dont like that harness.. i have autsim son and adhd son..they do run around but important have eyes on them and makin suire they are closer etc if at store, we alwyas put in carts not in the toddler seat kinda.. makin sure they stay there..

That would be so awesome if my 14 month old could understand and follow the rules as such a young age especially the concept of missing children!!

About the stroller...I have to decide on him screaming , wailing, and pulling his fastener wanting to get out so he can walk and explore or him laughing and smiling while strapped to the hardness cuz he can walk and explore. HMMMM...I think I would go for the latter. Oh...and um...if a toddler hardness is so cruel, isnt strapping a screaming toddler who wants out in a stroller for a long period of time cruel? We have to do what we have to do to protect our kids and if my son is not bothered by the hardness as opposed to being strapped down, then I dont see anything wrong with it.

Interesting how everyone has a different point of view of the whole hardness thing but no debate over a stroller?

Yes, I can understand - but, not all of them have that ADHD. If, they have a problem w/ ADHD, then their parents have a good reason to use harness on their child, if there's no option.

But, my children don't have that ADHD and they can learn through teachin'. I know some parents don't like to teach their children ( the ones who don't have ADHD ) and they prefer to put a harness on their child to less their work/responsibility.

Oh less responsibility and dont like teaching? Should I risk my 14 month old's son's life a little more just to see how much he has learned from how he should stay close, missing children, and all that? I think I am gonna choose safety..my daughter is now 9 years old and I did the same to her...she is very responsible about letting me know where she is and not taking off cuz while she was on the hardness, I also did my parental duties in teaching her about staying close. If I was using it when she is 4 or 5 and beyond then oooh yea, that means something is wrong but on a toddler who is barely 1 year old who loves to take off..I think it is ok for safety reasons.

I dont like that harness.. i have autsim son and adhd son..they do run around but important have eyes on them and makin suire they are closer etc if at store, we alwyas put in carts not in the toddler seat kinda.. makin sure they stay there..

I do the same but I mean if u go to an event that will have an extremely large crowd in which u will need to manuvear thru such as a carnival, Gallaudet homecoming game, or any festivals...I tried the stroller...didnt work. If I held my son's hand all the time, he would drop to his knees and try to pull away from me.

I never use the hardness when going to the shopping mall, food store, parks or whatever..just only in very large and tight crowds.

... Children learn how to talk from the age of 1 and they can learn through teachin'. ...
Yes, they can learn but at age 1 they don't have mature judgment or self-control. Also, each child developes at his or her own rate, with individual temperments (some are rebellious, some are compliant), so "one-size-fits-all" results aren't possible.

That would be so awesome if my 14 month old could understand and follow the rules as such a young age especially the concept of missing children!!

About the stroller...I have to decide on him screaming , wailing, and pulling his fastener wanting to get out so he can walk and explore or him laughing and smiling while strapped to the hardness cuz he can walk and explore. HMMMM...I think I would go for the latter. Oh...and um...if a toddler hardness is so cruel, isnt strapping a screaming toddler who wants out in a stroller for a long period of time cruel? We have to do what we have to do to protect our kids and if my son is not bothered by the hardness as opposed to being strapped down, then I dont see anything wrong with it.

Interesting how everyone has a different point of view of the whole hardness thing but no debate over a stroller?

Through my experience as a mother, I've seen many mothers are usin' strollers in public. I used to have one as well and all my 4 kids don't scream, wailin', and pullin' the fastener. If, they want to get out of the stroller, then I can let them out of there and walk around with ME - with my hands holdin' their tiny hands - or find out if, they are hungry or need potty or what ever. When they feel better, they will return to their stroller later on. It's the same thing if, a baby cries - you would check to see if she/or he needs somethin' right ? Ok, same thing if, she or he cries while in the stroller - always check what she/or he wants. I am not kind of mother to ignore my kids. Pay attention to what they need if, they need somethin' - just stop and do somethin'. Mother or father would know what to do to help the child to feel better.

You are entitled to agree about the harness on a child for your kids what you feel is right for you. I am entitled to disagree about the harness what I feel is not right for me. All my 4 children NEVER wore the harness at that time when they were little kids.

Through my experience as a mother, I've seen many mothers are usin' strollers in public. I used to have one as well and all my 4 kids don't scream, wailin', and pullin' the fastener. If, they want to get out of the stroller, then I can let them out of there and walk around with ME - with my hands holdin' their tiny hands - or find out if, they are hungry or need potty or what ever. When they feel better, they will return to their stroller later on. It's the same thing if, a baby cries - you would check to see if she/or he needs somethin' right ? Ok, same thing if, she or he cries while in the stroller - always check what she/or he wants. I am not kind of mother to ignore my kids. Pay attention to what they need if, they need somethin' - just stop and do somethin'. Mother or father would know what to do to help the child to feel better.

You are entitled to agree about the harness on a child for your kids what you feel is right for you. I am entitled to disagree about the harness what I feel is not right for me. All my 4 children NEVER wore the harness at that time when they were little kids.

That is good for u.

Yes, they can learn but at age 1 they don't have mature judgment or self-control. Also, each child developes at his or her own rate, with individual temperments (some are rebellious, some are compliant), so "one-size-fits-all" results aren't possible.

You are right about rebellious or some compliant. I don't have problem with my 4 children when they were at that age of 1 and beyond. I guess, I paid attention too much when I was young mother with my 4 kids. I can see some parents' children have problem stayin' with their parents in one spot. Everyone are different.

Back