Tipping System

It´s a feeble excuse to blame deafies for poor tipping... *sigh :roll:*

Why do she continue to work as waitress when she know in first place that tipping system is not an obligation. Right? If yes, then no excuse to blame anybody for poor tipping but herself... If she know what kind of job waitress work then look for better job.

If she keep on complaint then job is not right for her.
Actually no, if those students don't expect to tip any at this specific place, then they shouldn't go there in first place. but you see they can afford a $30 meal there! just add $1 then it is $31 nothing wrong!

but glad that Gallaudet will have a workshop! Good!

What are Gallaudet University students doing, having $ 30.00 meals?

They're in college, they're suppose to be "the poor struggling college student." Sounds to me that the students are spoiled.

The waitress is right, deaf people are horrible at tipping but that doesn't excuse her for what she did.

i know some friends are cheap and selfish. sometimes i tip more when i see my deaf friends tip too little or nothing. that is really embarrased.

I always tip well to waitresses and waiters only if they serve me and/or my friends well with good attitude. If not, they get no tips, period.

In some states, the restaurants can add about 15 percent gratuity tax to the bills instead of getting tips.

It's an embarrassment for me because I'm deaf, and thanks to those Deaf Gallaudet students for being a lousy tipper. It is considered rude to not to tip, Waiters and Waitresses work their asses off, and and is this a thanks they get? Don't be surprised if you're a regular customer, and the waitress/waiter knows that you don't tip, you will not get a good service. I wouldn't want to be in your place. I've always tip, even if the service was poor I give them 10 percent, if the service was so so, I will give them 15 percent, if the service was excellent, I would give them 20 to 30 percent. :)

Do not assume too much about the Gally students.

I am familiar with the G G restaurant. Some bartenders and waitresses tend to show their bad attitudes toward the students for no apparent reasons. Trust me. I saw it happened so many times.

Did you know that the D.C. Department of Health and FDA a few times ordered the G G Restaurant to close for a short time of period cuz it violated the D.C. Health and Food Safety acts and laws in the past?

i know some friends are cheap and selfish. sometimes i tip more when i see my deaf friends tip too little or nothing. that is really embarrased.

I agree it is so embarrassment.

If the service was lousy or poor, I would take it up to the management, but I'll still tip that waitress or waiter, but only would get 10 percent. So that the waitresses or waiters can improve their quality of service for their next customers if they want better tips. ;)

In my country, we don't tip..The waitress or waiter gets a fixed wage and the bill includes all .

I thought it was law in the US to tip?

Some places do put an automatic gatuity on the bill of 15% of the charges. However, they have to let customers know up front that a tip will automatically be charged. Not all business do that. In fact, most don't.

Do not assume too much about the Gally students.

I am familiar with the G G restaurant. Some bartenders and waitresses tend to show their bad attitudes toward the students for no apparent reasons. Trust me. I saw it happened so many times.

Did you know that the D.C. Department of Health and FDA a few times ordered the G G Restaurant to close for a short time of period cuz it violated the D.C. Health and Food Safety acts and laws in the past?

If the GG restaurant has employees that demonstrate a bad attitude toward the deaf students, then the deaf students need to stop giving them their business.

On the other hand, the deaf students could be getting a bad attitude because they don't tip.

If the GG restaurant has employees that demonstrate a bad attitude toward the deaf students, then the deaf students need to stop giving them their business.

On the other hand, the deaf students could be getting a bad attitude because they don't tip.

:gpost:

That sucks. My sister Dorrie is a waitress at a bar and grill. She doesnt get paid much depend on tips to make the ends meet for bills and etc. She worked at the restaurant 18 years now. She is at better level than when she first started working... it was like 1.75.. i think.. and now its over 7 dollars per hours.. its long way to go..

sometimes when she get busy and need help. I usually helped her out and do get tips in process. I worked in the kitchen and do get tipped. I made more than the waitresses n bartenders? so i share the tips with waitresses and bartenders. all i did was cooked the foods? so wanted to share with them ...

There were few deafies that came over to eat and they didnt tip? my sister said why they dont tip? I siad i dont know? I never understand why?

just like when I went out to Shorty Small's with deaf friends and they didnt tip the waitress? I did tipped the waitress? my friend found the gratituty on her recipet and wanted the waitress to remove it? She said she didnt get the service? The sign said more than 6 people they will get gratituty tips? she still complained about it? I was so embarrassed about it. the manager came over and asked whats wrong? She said remove that? the manager said no if you had looked at the sign you will see that more than 6 people gratiuty tips are included. She got upset. after they left.. i apologized to the manager and the waitress.. They said its ok.. i still felt bad about that day.. :(

Do i go out with that group of deaf frineds again? No I dont. I dont want to be in their company and be embarrassed again. Forget it... sigh..

Still the waitress who forged the credit card did wrong.. .. she should have put it up with the managements and asked the boss what to do?? maybe manager can tell the deaf people if they wont tip next time then they wont get service or something.

Tipping

We had a horrible watier. RR spoke to the manager and the manager got a different waitress. So we were happy and tip her well.

See the waiter was so rude and have no patience with us as a deafies. He was tapping his pen on a pad and his eyes was rolling around. He took off and be gone for a long time then come back. Geez so that is why we decided to get a different waitress.

It's an embarrassment for me because I'm deaf, and . It is considered rude to not to tip, Waiters and Waitresses work their asses off, and and is this a thanks they get? Don't be surprised if you're a regular customer, and the waitress/waiter knows that you don't tip, you will not get a good service. I wouldn't want to be in your place. I've always tip, even if the service was poor I give them 10 percent, if the service was so so, I will give them 15 percent, if the service was excellent, I would give them 20 to 30 percent. :)

For me, as Cheri said that I put in bold, I do that type of tipping... and if the waitress/waiter was awful, I would report to the manager and request for other person to serve me. I'd rather to be able to enjoy myself at where I am and tip good hard-working people. I usually love to watch the surprises on their faces when they get high tips! tee hee!

If you're a regular and you give high tips, they will treat you really well! For example: a local pizza place in my town, the first time I went, I gave the waitress really high tip... I went back again... again, high tip... the whole resturant knew and were beaming. The owner would give me free dessert, have some things on the house sometimes (free) when I order out. That's what I mean, if you treat them well, you will be treated just as well or better! :)

Tip tip tip! :)

sleepytaz, Yea sometimes I do ask for another waitress sometimes I don't because I would like to give that waitress a chance to improve. ;)

What horselover61 was speaking of, I was there with them, that waiter was very rude he had no patiences, he kept rolling his eyes back, tapping his pen on the ordering booklet. We were very patient with him until it got to the point where it was enough because his attitude was inappropriate.

The deaf are not at fault . . . and neither are the vast number of servers for a stupid system that is way out of control. People depend so much on a gratuity that they believe it is a right.

Think about it. It is an added tax on goods and service. It's nothing more than taxation without representation. Only it's not from a government; it's from those who want customers to make their poorly paid help look cheerful while working harder.

The restaurant business isn't the only industry where extra money is expected for nothing more than the help doesn't make as much as they think they should.

I avoid the demand for tips by not eating out unless those I'm dining with know we must pay a 20% additional tax no matter how good or bad the service may be. Same with hotels and motels, taxi rides and limo service, designer coffee, et cetera ad nauseam.

Ha ha ha, maybe I'm just upset we teachers didn't get to act sullen and spread the word about parents and students who didn't leave a few bills on my desk every day.

I would be so embrass that if deaf people wont pay tips. I pay tips every time I go out for eat.

sleepytaz, Yea sometimes I do ask for another waitress sometimes I don't because I would like to give that waitress a chance to improve. ;)

What horselover61 was speaking of, I was there with them, that waiter was very rude he had no patiences, he kept rolling his eyes back, tapping his pen on the ordering booklet. We were very patient with him until it got to the point where it was enough because his attitude was inappropriate.

Cheri, I understood Horselover61 and you... what I meant was, same in your situation... if the they contiuned with afwul service, I then would report. :) It is not often that I would request for a different person, but rather I would ask the manganger to educate them. I usually refuse their free offer of dessert/coffe ya know as if I wasn't satified and they would offer free food or whatever. I usually would just prefer to educate the waiter/waitress to have a good posure while on the job... off the job, I don't care! haha. Ya know...? Don't bring personal plms to work. ;)

Gallaudet SUCK!

Give 10% or more to waitress if friendly, listen, and respect.
No tips waitress if rude, careless, won't write on the paper when I ask.

I refuse to tip Zero! I will tip less if service sucks but rendered. If I was not served at all then no tip.. hahaha

Back