tinnitus?

My tinnitus gets worse when I think about it...so, please, stop talking about tinnitus. :lol:

I guess I should have paid attention to the noises and pain I was having in my brain. Just got back from my Neurologist and I am having more brain issues. Never slept last night cos the pressure and noise was too much. They did a CT Scan and E.E.G. and things are not looking to good again. Put me back on some meds and they will repeat tests next week if no change. I am off to hopefully sleep now!!!

I guess I should have paid attention to the noises and pain I was having in my brain. Just got back from my Neurologist and I am having more brain issues. Never slept last night cos the pressure and noise was too much. They did a CT Scan and E.E.G. and things are not looking to good again. Put me back on some meds and they will repeat tests next week if no change. I am off to hopefully sleep now!!!

What is wrong with your brain? Is this due to some specific disease?

Plus that wouldn't really be tinnitus, I don't think.

Keep us in touch with this, Angel......

Musical Tennitus....welcome to the club of us late-deafened deafies....Most times I can drain out the "zinging, roaring" etc., with a Song I remembered hearing....problem was the Song just keeps repeating over and over, keeping me from going to sleep...Changing the song sometimes isn't easy...and I never know when I actually fall asleep.

I also speak of having a radio station in my head! If I like it, I'd play air guitar or drums, sometimes it's a commercial jingle that sounds horrible! LOL I agree with your method to silence singing tinnitus, I'm just amazed a little distracting activity does the job well!

Of course I have tinnitus. I guess it must be from wearing hearing aid. I don't know what cause it to be that way in my head. It sometimes comes and goes on its own. So I have to live with it and bear with it. But that is the life of the d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing. :dunno:

You know you can these tinnitus relaxers! Is there anything like that for people with profound loss? I can't hear a thing without my HAs, nothing at all but tinnitus altho not all the time.

I'm Hearing but I do have tinnitus. It used to come in and out but it is now constant. Thankfully, it isn't very loud. Most of the time I can tune it out but it's more noticeable now. (Not sure if worse or I'm just noticing more..) It has become more difficult to hear in crowded rooms and I am missing out on parts of conversation. I wonder if it is related. It really might be. I don't know if that helps at all...

Anyone have a very obnoxious buzzing/vibrating sound with louder noises? I've done a bunch of searches but I can't find anything on this. I wonder if it is another face of tinnitus or something else. Hmm.... (Figured I'd ask since we're on the topic anyway. Thanks for any help!)

There have been times (but rarely so)...that my tennitus would stop...and I would feel as if I was having a brain freeze....:giggle:...no noise, no nothing...felt so very strange whenever that happened....because I'm so used to having something going on in my head...some people do say that "silence is golden"...but with me it was a very strange thing to happen....As if I were in a sound proof booth?

lovezebras--How is it going? Any better/worse? Crossing my fingers for you and hoping it's just allergies with the changing seasons causing it to pick up...

Mine is driving me crazy tonight. @_@

lovezebras--How is it going? Any better/worse? Crossing my fingers for you and hoping it's just allergies with the changing seasons causing it to pick up...

Mine is driving me crazy tonight. @_@

nah not any better just LOUD...which is jsut ridiculously annoying..ah well what can ya do right?

Anytime I go in for a hearing evaluation tinnitus kicks in like a wild banshee. I have no clue if when a tone is present whether it's in my head or is the real thing. Thinking about it reminds me how much I hate being confined in a sound chamber.

nah not any better just LOUD...which is jsut ridiculously annoying..ah well what can ya do right?

Try my method: get pissed at it and eat a ton of cookie dough to ake yourself feel better. :giggle:

Anytime I go in for a hearing evaluation tinnitus kicks in like a wild banshee. I have no clue if when a tone is present whether it's in my head or is the real thing. Thinking about it reminds me how much I hate being confined in a sound chamber.

I think I know what you mean. I don't know if it's WORSE or if I'm just NOTICING it more, know what I mean? Probably a mix of both for me.

The constant tones are one thing but the lower tone that cuts in and out like a headphone with a bad wire instantly pisses me off. You just can't ignore that! :pissed:

i do have tinnitus and my research says certain noises have slightly different causes and some the dr's can also hear it .
just lately i feel like i got insect in my ear only happens once twice a week very short duration it not wax but odd feeling,is that what you mean by buzzing vibrating..
i suggest you get blood pressure checked and thyroid cos that can do that

Try my method: get pissed at it and eat a ton of cookie dough to ake yourself feel better. :giggle:

I think I know what you mean. I don't know if it's WORSE or if I'm just NOTICING it more, know what I mean? Probably a mix of both for me.

The constant tones are one thing but the lower tone that cuts in and out like a headphone with a bad wire instantly pisses me off. You just can't ignore that! :pissed:

Ya I think in the booth is loud because its SO quiet in there..plus the headphones block sound too...
and I may just do that..cookie dough for the win! lol :giggle:

i do have tinnitus and my research says certain noises have slightly different causes and some the dr's can also hear it .
just lately i feel like i got insect in my ear only happens once twice a week very short duration it not wax but odd feeling,is that what you mean by buzzing vibrating..
i suggest you get blood pressure checked and thyroid cos that can do that

I've read the same thing too. I know my high pitch is from being around music day in and day out but I'm not sure what's causing the lower pitched tone in my right ear.

The buzzing kinda feels like a bug, I guess (I've never had a bug in my ear so I'm not sure. I've heard that it is painful and this isn't for me.) I'll definitely talk to someone about the thyroid thing. Both of my parents have issues with theirs so I suppose that's possible. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

I have tinnitus too, noticably worse in my right ear. Had it for about 4 years now. It's easy to block out when I'm at work with all the background noise - I just forget about it, but harder when I'm at home reading or watching a film or something like that..
I try to stay off the Coffee and Sugar as much as I can - caffeine makes it worse!

Please don't think I am crazy!!! I am having a very hard time with my tinnitus. I know most of us get the roar, hum, clicking etc. I get a full basketball game with the sound of the ball bouncing, crowd cheering, score keepers announcing etc. I also get so many other weird things, however I do like the musical ear if the song is one I like.

I never sleep and have not read where people have my same issue. My audi thinks it is funny but it is far from that. Does anyone have this like me if so is there any way to help.

Back